Thoughts on a schedule

Options
ESP12
ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
Hello fellow Rippers, just a few musings about how to get this off the ground.
After looking at the introduction on the DVD, I've decided to do this one a little differently from the 30 Day Shred ( that I just finished today, btw:bigsmile: ) Jillian's advice was to work out no more than 5-6 days a week. I plan on following that advice mainly because my knees have been complaining towards the end of the shred. ( they thank me for the 2 days rest I'm giving myself)
We thought that logging by date rather than by week and level would work better.
So it'll look more like "Topic: February 10" and you check in with what you do that day, how you feel, any advice or whatever else you would like to share. Any thoughts are welcome. After all YOU are the group and we can shape it any way we like.
Countdown: in 3...

Replies

• determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If Jillian says take a day of rest then I am definitely taking breaks this time. 30 days straight did some major wear and tear on me. I am planning on (with the exception of the first week) only doing Ripped Monday through Friday. Yoga and rest on the weekends.

What does everyone else have in mind?
  • hkovich
    Options
    I am planning to do 5 days a week, with a plan of taking off Monday and Friday. My schedule can be pretty inconsistent though, so Monday might become a floater day if I know I have an evening activity planned later in the week. 30 Day Shred (which I got behind in and am so CLOSE to finishing) has done a number on my knees, so I am glad we are planning the breaks. I am excited to do this with you guys, only 2 more days!
  • ekdennis
    Options
    I am glad you brought this up. I am thinking about doing it every other day and running on the in between days. My knees are a bit tired after doing the 30 day shred every day and running the Cto5k program every other day. I think I won't double up like i did this last time and throw in a FULL rest day each week.
  • jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing it 5 days a week. I also go to a Step Aerobics class on Monday and Wednesday so sometimes doing that and a Jillian Michaels workout is too much for me. We will see how it goes! Thanks for inviting me to your group!
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on 6 days a week with my break days on Tuesdays.
  • andreakrystal
    Options
    I'm planning on doing it 5 days a week, and I think logging it by date is a great idea! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress and we go through the 30 days :)
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    Since I just heard about this DVD I'm not sure what my schedule should be. I normally run M W F and do weights T TH S. I really like going to the gym ... is it "safe" to do this DVD at home in the evening after dinner? I'm fairly young and was a varsity swimmer before this weight gain... I don't mind pushing my body I find it holds up quite well (pushed myself through my first half marathon last year).

If I hurt I don't exercise though... thoughts about dropping my gym schedule in lieu of this? I REALLY don't want to I've been unsuccessfully motivated at home before. There's something about getting in gym clothes and DRIVING to the gym that makes me work harder than I would in my livingroom at home but I don't want to over do it. Any exercise related injuries end up being weeks of set backs during healing so I need to avoid that at all costs.
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am planning on 5 days a week like most of y'all. I will see how it goes though. I also got the 6 week 6 pack and I might try to start that as well, but I don't want to push it. I will assess my stamina as I go along. Let's do this ladies!
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    I realized on my drive in today that I can do this in the morning! I watched the first 5 minutes of the DVD before I dashed out the door. Is it really just 20 minutes? And you do the same level 1 "day" over and over again or is there others? If it's just 20 minutes I can get up a bit earlier and still maintain my usual gym time in the evening! Perfecto!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I think I will do it 4-5 days a week and add in extra cardio. I like to work out 5-6 days a week.
  • ESP12
    Options
    I realized on my drive in today that I can do this in the morning! I watched the first 5 minutes of the DVD before I dashed out the door. Is it really just 20 minutes? And you do the same level 1 "day" over and over again or is there others? If it's just 20 minutes I can get up a bit earlier and still maintain my usual gym time in the evening! Perfecto!

Anj, yes it is the same workout for the first week, and you can do that for anywhere from 5-7 days. then you move to the 2nd week and so on. The before work is what at least one of my MFPals is doing too. just be forewarned that you may/most likely WILL sweat buckets during. so you want to allow some 10-15 minutes to cool down before taking your shower ( if I don't wait, I start sweating even after my shower -yuck)
    -Elke
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    I realized that with warm up and cool down it's 30 minutes... still not too bad. So I do the first one for a week then the 2nd then the 3rd? There isn't a 4th one... what do I do for the last week? Doesn't it equal 30 days?
  • ESP12
    Options
    I realized that with warm up and cool down it's 30 minutes... still not too bad. So I do the first one for a week then the 2nd then the 3rd? There isn't a 4th one... what do I do for the last week? Doesn't it equal 30 days?

??? do you not have the Ripped in 30 DVD? that one has 4 different weeks of workouts. the 30 Day Shred had only 3 different sessions that you were supposed to do for 10 days each.
    I'm confused now:huh:
    -Elke
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    I must have the 30 day shred. I really never looked at the title just asked my friend to lend me her Jillian Michaels stuff (any and all she had) so I could get started on time. She has 2 DVD's couldn't find the other at the time so I just took the one and ran (was late for work a bit already lol!) I checked the box.. yep I'm blonde sometimes it's the 30 Day Shred I have. I'll just do these for 10 days until she finds the other DVD. Sorry for the confusion!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My plan is to do it 5 days a week. I think I'm going to take Mondays and Thursdays off. That way, the longest stretch I'll have to do the DVD is 3 days in a row. I also plan on switching up the weeks. I just did day 1 & 2 of week one. Tomorrow will be a rest day and then on Tues & Wed I'll do week 2. Then on Fri-Sun I'll do week 3...Tues & Wed week 4 and then I'll start over with week 1 again. I'm hoping this will keep me from getting bored and keep my body guessing. :)