hotel group rate? would enough people need this?

Options
KatieJane83
KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
So should I look into getting a group rate at a hotel for Saturday night? Are there enough people that would need/want a room? Please post here if this is something you'd want!

Also, Friday night? Saturday night? Both?

Replies

• jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    We're having a group what at hotel? Oh, completely misread that... lol Might want to look into this in February or March, not sure NY is the mecca for people looking to party down on Mexican Independence day so the closer you can get to the date before you nail the timing down, might afford some more people the ability to just put the money up at once. So instead of being like "we think we have 30 people who want to come", and it ends up only being 10, you can be like I've got 30 people with cash in hand if you can give us a block of rooms at $80 a night or whatever.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    The soonest I would get there on any day by bus is around 1:00 so would probably try to get there sometime Friday if any sightseeing was planned.
    If it is just an evening get together then could head there Saturday and head back home Sunday.
    Manhattan is not a low rent district,when I was there in Sep it was hard to find a room for less then 300.00/night on a Saturday.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If you need a group for a reduced rate, count me in. Otherwise I am fine on my own as I will just spend the whole weekend there and visit some non fitness pal friends too :)
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I need a room...

Possibly Friday and Saturday depending on the rate, location, etc....
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I need a room...

Possibly Friday and Saturday depending on the rate, location, etc....

^^^ If Morgan is getting a room I am in. LMAO :laugh: This who thing sounds as if its going to end up being an episode of Real Sex on HBO
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I need a room! I'm five hours away so I'll need to spend the night.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Dont need it!!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Lol, I'm thinking I might get a room too! Just so much easier being able to stay in the city and not try to get home so late!

And LOL at Bronx_Montgomery, mfp orgy, woot! :laugh: :laugh:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Still need a room...

Kate...lemme know about the room rates and location otherwise I'll do a room on my own :flowerforyou:
  • SheltonMarchman
    SheltonMarchman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would be up for a room. I would like to visit a few people while I'm up there so it'd be nice to have a space to myself.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    id be interested in room rates too if i can swing it!
  • ambrosia8
    ambrosia8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im 2 1/2 hours away but dont think i want to drive home so yes i need a room!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I found a hotel, Broadway at Times Square Hotel, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d112021-Reviews-Broadway_at_Times_Square_Hotel-New_York_City_New_York.html, which is a half mile from the bar and is $250/night. If people are interested I can call and try to go to a group rate. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS, I NEED NUMBERS! Lol
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I found a hotel, Broadway at Times Square Hotel, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d112021-Reviews-Broadway_at_Times_Square_Hotel-New_York_City_New_York.html, which is a half mile from the bar and is $250/night. If people are interested I can call and try to go to a group rate. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS, I NEED NUMBERS! Lol

I would be in.:drinker:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Is this still going to happen? I feel as if it has fizzled a bit

I just caught up on the boards....thanks
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Katie, I live here, so I won't need a room.