February 10: let's get this party started!

Options
ESP12
ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
:bigsmile: Good morning everyone!

I am so EXCITED, aren't you? Yesterday our group reached 20 members, all of you primed and ready to work for it, I'm SURE!
Today was the first morning waking up without my nagging knee pain, so I'm especially excited about that.
I'll check in in a couple of hours after my 1st workout (and after fixing breakfast for my senior in HS, she has 0 hour calculus):yawn:

I'll be glad to hear what everyone decided to do and how they liked it.
To a great start and a strong finish!

Elke

Replies

• determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I really liked it. I'm also glad I did shred first. i felt like this came pretty easy. Do not get me wrong I am sweating buckets!! I did most of the session with 8 lb weights so I guess I am going to try the whole thing tomorrow with 8lbs :) I dont think I have ever done the hollow man before- wow!! i'm pretty sure my abs are still burning from that alone!

Hope everyone else had a great workout!
  • ESP12
    Options
    OK, mission accomplished!
    Did my first day of week 1 workout -didn't die, only felt like it a few times here and there.
    Had to remind myself, I can endure most anything for 30 seconds intervals.
    I think it'll be a few days before my side raises are stellar, let alone do them on an OUTSTRETCHED!!!!! arm?
    -you gotta be kidding me, or maybe not...
    Good luck and have fun with it,
    Elke

here's the link to the meal plan she mentions on the DVD, for those of you who want to follow it:

http://www.jillianmichaels.com/rippedin30mealplan

or the download of the printable PDF version:

http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf

11236495.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • dinkygirl12
    Options
    Totally excited to start and have a group that is doing it with me. I'll start my week 1, day 1 tonight. I'm looking to lose inches and some pounds! It's mostly my belly bulge that's gonna go! No more spare tire!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Mehh..i start week two either tomorrow or sunday. x3 Sorry I'm so off schedule.

No results so far after week one. Actually i've gained weight but it is that TOM so i think that's why.

Excited to start week 2 though jillians voice makes me wana slap her now.
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I finished level one, day five today. I've steadily gained weight, this week . . . so depressing, but I'm not giving up. My legs aren't killing me today, so that is a plus. I will begin level two on Monday.
  • ESP12
    Options
    [qote]Excited to start week 2 though jillians voice makes me wana slap her now.
    [/quote]

@Sky, channel that wanna-slap-her-energy! Glad you joined even though you are ahead of us all.
    -and also @Nakaiki
    When I started the 30 Day Shred, I gained 2.5 stubborn pounds too. They never really left until I was done with the whole thing:sad:
    However, I could tell in my clothes that this was just a shift from flab to muscle -and I take that any day! The pounds left rather suddenly on my 2 rest days ironically, go figure!:noway:
    -Elke
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Starting tonight! Very excited! I haven't been really exercising in awhile, but I keep a pretty active lifestyle nonetheless. Good luck to everyone and thanks ESP12 for inviting me!
  • andreakrystal
    Options
    I just finished my workout, and I'm on day 3 of week 1.

In the spirit of honesty I must say that I really struggled with today's workout! It think it might be because I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with how tough it is. Honestly I've never really been someone who's done hard workouts, so that has really been a challenge for me. I'm very excited and surprised that I didn't quite halfway through the DVD, lol. I'm proud of myself to pushing through it :)
  • qtpie99
    qtpie99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit ahead of the schedule on here. I did day 4 week 2 today. I find that I'm sweating through the workout but not really sore the next day. However I do notice my ab muscles feel a little shaky for a couple hours after so that is a good sign. My arms are starting to show some definition. I think I need heavier weights because I'm only using 2 lb ones now. I am looking into getting some adjustable weights just looking around to find decent ones that are a reasonable price.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    [qote]Excited to start week 2 though jillians voice makes me wana slap her now.

@Sky, channel that wanna-slap-her-energy! Glad you joined even though you are ahead of us all.
    -and also @Nakaiki
    When I started the 30 Day Shred, I gained 2.5 stubborn pounds too. They never really left until I was done with the whole thing:sad:
    However, I could tell in my clothes that this was just a shift from flab to muscle -and I take that any day! The pounds left rather suddenly on my 2 rest days ironically, go figure!:noway:
    -Elke
    [/quote]

That makes sense since your muscles store carbohydrates which store water to help you recover faster. It often causes a bit of a weight gain on the scale. I want to take this rest day and enjoy it but all i want to do is go for a run! Desk job = hyper Sky.
  • ekdennis
    Options
    I just completed Week 1 Day 1, and like some of the rest of you, I am glad I completed the 30 Day Shred recently because I feel stronger. I sweated A LOT, but I could tell I was stronger and able to push myself more. 29 days to go!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I did week 1 day 3 yesterday. Went well. My thighs have been sore. Since its only 24 minutes I'm trying to do extra cardio as well.
  • ESP12
    Options
    I did week 1 day 3 yesterday. Went well. My thighs have been sore. Since its only 24 minutes I'm trying to do extra cardio as well.

Extra cardio, that's awesome! I still can barely catch my breath during her cardio sessions as it is. Kudos, Dyiaane!
  • hkovich
    Options
    Day 1 went pretty good for me. I seriously need to get heavier weights and another sports bra though! I only have 3 lb weights right now and my arms weren't hurting except on the side lunge thing (this move is the bane of my existence!). I still have 2 days left on 30 day shred, but it just means long work-outs for me.

Has anyone done her Yoga video? I am thinking about getting it and doing it 2 days a week with this, but not if it is super intense.
  • andreakrystal
    Options
    Day 1 went pretty good for me. I seriously need to get heavier weights and another sports bra though! I only have 3 lb weights right now and my arms weren't hurting except on the side lunge thing (this move is the bane of my existence!). I still have 2 days left on 30 day shred, but it just means long work-outs for me.

Has anyone done her Yoga video? I am thinking about getting it and doing it 2 days a week with this, but not if it is super intense.

HAHA! I like what you said about the side lunges.... glad to hear I'm not alone on that one, lol. I cringe when I know they are coming up. As for her yoga video, I've done that and it is intense. It's not like hatha yoga which is more centered on stretching and relaxation. It's more the cardio-yoga.... so you are flowing from one pose right into the next and she works you hard (surprise, surprise).
  • Bubba_Furley
    Bubba_Furley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just bought this a few minutes ago. I will start day 1 tomorrow morning and will be a day behind but would love to join.
  • ESP12
    Options
    Just bought this a few minutes ago. I will start day 1 tomorrow morning and will be a day behind but would love to join.

Welcome KFurley, no such thing as behind here! If you read the 'thoughts on schedule' topic you'll understand. Everyday is just a feedback on where everyone is and what they want to share about that experience, ask questions and find support.
    Looking forward to read from you on here!
    -Elke
  • Pikachu489
    Options
    Ok so I just did week 1 Day 1 (I'm 2 days behind) and she kicked my butt. Zumba was working no mussels. So happy I am doing this now. :)
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    this may be a stupid question...how are we logging this? I was logging the 6 week 6 pack as circuit training...would this be the same?
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I logged as circuit training today...I guess that works. I did 22 minutes on the treadmill and then day 4 of week 1. Going well so far. Hope you all are enjoying it so far. I'm gonna do 7 days of week one and then 7 days of week 2. I'll do 8 days of week 3 and then 8 days of week 4. I'm trying to do additional cardio whenever I do the dvd. So I should be working out 5-6 days a week.