So over the excuses ...

Options
So over the excuses ...
I'm too tired. It's too hard. I don't have time. I can't afford it. I don't know what to do.

These are the excuses I hear EVERY DAY. Both here on MFP and also around the gym.

Actually, what you REALLY meant to say is "I don't want it badly enough".

It's really easy to blame somebody else for something you can't be bothered being driven enough to achieve.

You need to MAKE it happen. You need to get your *kitten* out of bed an hour earlier. If that means going to bed earlier then so be it. You need to learn how to cook so you can take advantage of better, healthier and CHEAPER food sources than some crap that an underpaid teenager badly fried up in a chain fast food store.

You need to ASK. And you need to PERSEVERE. And you need to stop being SCARED.

Scared of change, scared of something being too hard, scared of failure.

How badly do you want this? We all TALK about how badly we want it, but there are very few people who shelve their concerns and just START.

It can take time, be prepared for frustration, pain, tears and scepticism. But along with that comes reward, achievement, strength and future resolve

Replies

• shellley16
    shellley16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more. Every morning, there are plenty of other important things that I could be doing rather than going to the gym. But I know it is important to exercise and keep moving. I really want to get fit! Keep up the good work!!
  • grannydoddo
    Options
    Andy, you have hit the nail on the target. My fav excuse is see it eat it. Excersise why do it. Nothing helps. Don't have the motivation to get out of the bed. Mom does not want to go to gym and workout with me.

Here lately I do not have my car back out of the shop so I cannot go excersise. I am depressed so I am going to hide and eat this so no one will catch me.
  • captainjessejames
    Options
    Just read this well said Andy, Grannydoddo you can walk around the neighbor hood or do isometrics in a chair, hang in there