Should we change up our diets?

Options
skywa
skywa Posts: 901 Member
So i don't know about you guys, but when i started doing the Ripped in 30, i went from working out 3 maybe 4 times a week to working out 5-6 days a week.

Not to mention my only form of exercise previously was going on runs/walks.

So i suspect i am burning more calories than before.

Does this mean i need to eat more? Working out more tends to increase your TDEE considerably. Not to mention i am burning closer to 1000 cals a week compared to 500 cals a week previously.

So should i consider eating more? Or possibly consider incorporating more protein into my diet (specifically post work out)?

Just wondering if any of this has crossed others minds as well. I don't want to risk stalling my weight loss just because I'm eating too little/too much.

Replies

• ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sky, the only thing I can contribute to this is my own experience. I had plateaued for about 3-4 weeks and started looking through the topics here on MFP. From everything I gathered, I learned that I was not eating enough. Now this was news to me. How could eating more help me lose more? To make a long story short, my body went into this "I-don't-know-if-I-will-get-enough-sustenance"kind of mode. So I decided to kick it out of that gear by eating more -and it worked for me!
    I guess what I'm trying to get at ( because I found myself obsessing over that number on the scale) is not all body shifting will manifest on the scale. Measuring is a great tool, if you don't see any numbers dropping on the scale. In my case I GAINED 2.5 pounds while doing the 30 day shred, but my clothes started to loosen up at the same time -so that was the way my improvement manifested itself. The volume of a pound of fat versus a pound of muscle is quite an eyeopener.
    Hoping that this didn't turn into too much of a ramble,
    -Elke

Hope you get more opinions on this