February 11 -I know it's the weekend...

Options
ESP12
ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
...but no excuses, right? :noway:
This group has grown by leaps and bounds -and to think I worried if anyone wanted to do Ripped!
Well, we went from 7 members up until a couple of days prior to 24 as of now ( midnight-ish)
:blushing: Haven't seen EVERYone leave a message yet, but maybe you are the more quiet observer and that's OK.
Never hesitate to ask or ponder anything! I'm positive that if I don't know the answer :huh: [ or beat you to it] someone else will jump in and help with their input.
As I said in the intro:

YOU ALL MAKE THIS GROUP WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE

Replies

• Stace5
    Stace5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've done 5 days of Level 1 and even on day 5 it didn't seem any easier. Today is my rest day as i'm going out, but tomorrow i'm starting Level 2!!
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Finished day 6 of level 1 this morning; I think I will attempt level 2 tomorrow (yikes). Trying not to get discouraged as both my weight and measurements were up this am.
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've done 5 days of Level 1 and even on day 5 it didn't seem any easier. Today is my rest day as i'm going out, but tomorrow i'm starting Level 2!!

Thats how I felt with level 2 of the 30 day shred... it never got easier! Hang in there because when you finish up you will be amazed at how far you've come and Level 1 will be smooth sailing (but you'll still sweat ALOT!!)
  • rheamanda
    rheamanda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to start, but I bought the DVD last night and searched for a group! I'm logging my food, then getting off the couch and starting day 1. Wish me luck!
  • determined1221
    Options
    I'm a little late to start, but I bought the DVD last night and searched for a group! I'm logging my food, then getting off the couch and starting day 1. Wish me luck!

Good luck and you aren't started too late, a lot of us started yesterday and a lot of people are ahead of us. so jump on in!
  • determined1221
    Options
    ok L1 D2- I feel like I got a much better work out today since I had a better idea of what exercise would be coming next though I have to admit after the butt kicks I automatically sink down to do punches. :tongue:

I have a sneaking suspicion that people say this is easier or not as intense than the 30 day shred because of the 3 strength moves instead of just 2. I have to say i quite enjoy 30 second interval, those one minute intervals made me want to cry sometimes

Overall, i love feeling strong! I hope everyone else is enjoying their journey with jillian!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Finished day 6 of level 1 this morning; I think I will attempt level 2 tomorrow (yikes). Trying not to get discouraged as both my weight and measurements were up this am.

i heard a lot of ppl lose weight on they rest days.

consider taking a break tomorrow then starting week two on sunday (thats what I'm doing)

when you work your muscles a lot they tend to retain more carbohydrates and water to assist with recovery. just take a break, drink a lot of liquids and relax.

I heard the drinking a protein shake right after your work out can help with swelling and soreness though, so thats another thing to consider.
  • ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of week 1 for me.
    Why is my body acting like it hasn't been worked in months? I distinctly remember finishing the 30 Day Shred just Tuesday!:frown:
    My hamstrings and glutes are aching like they haven't been used in a good while. I have a hard time believing her on the -last time you'll be doing push-ups spiel. Also didn't miss the side lunge/arm lift combo when we were done with them in the shred -yet here they pop up again! :grumble: Personal improvement: I went up to 5# weights on that.
    Enough about complaining. On the positive side: I can keep up with most of the beastly versions of the exercises. Huffing and puffing (and occasionally pausing -sorry) on the cardio, though. I guess that means I'm not quite 'there' yet.:ohwell:

Have a pleasant Sunday, as that will be my planned day off,
    -Elke
  • andreakrystal
    Options
    Day 4 week 1 for me.

Today's workout was both good and not so good. Due to some health things I have going on, today I was having some back pains and didn't feel into doing the workout. However, I decided to do it anyway because I really want to say that I gave this program my all. So I did the workout and just modified some things for myself personally, and I didn't use weights because I didn't want to place added pressure on my back. I still felt like I got a good workout... maybe not as great a workout as I would have if I had used weights, but still a good workout :) I was able to go through the whole thing without needing to take as many "pauses" as usually... so all in all, I'm happy with today :)

Tomorrow will be day 5 for me, and then I'm going to rest for a couple days, and then pick back up for week 2! Or should I do 6 days as me "week"? I'm not sure...

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Today is Week 1 day 4 for me. I am really liking this workout so far. It is way more fun than the 30DS in my opinion. I am a little scared to see what weeks 2-4 are like. I have been at a bit of a standstill as far as weight loss. I only want to use a few more pounds anyway to get to my second goal so I am hoping this new workout does the trick.

Good luck everyone. Let's keep pushing ourselves!
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of week one check :) I am liking that next week we will never see any of these moves again :)
  • ekdennis
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 is in the books. My right knee wants to give me trouble, but I am working through it.
  • Ninikins2
    Options
    Day 2 week 1 for me. I was going to make today a rest day as I could barely get out of bed. But once I got up and going I made myself do it. This is hard and only week one! I'm scared of the other 3 weeks!!
  • andreakrystal
    Options
    Day 2 week 1 for me. I was going to make today a rest day as I could barely get out of bed. But once I got up and going I made myself do it. This is hard and only week one! I'm scared of the other 3 weeks!!

It sure is hard!! I'm scared as well, but we can do it :)