Ever bought pants you didn't really like because...

Options
...oh yes I did: I found a pair of pants that were a crazy checkered pattern that I really hated, but the waist size was marked 32 although I was a 38 at the time. I hated them when I bought them I hated them all the time that I had them and the one and only time I wore them my wife and son asked if I had completely lost my mind. They hung in the closet until I finally gave them away at a clothing swap. I watched a very large man pick them up, measure them to his body and put them into his bag. Another victim of that so called 32 inch waist. I wonder if he ever wore them out in public?

Replies

• HealthyKat24
    HealthyKat24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do the opposite and hang onto pants I really like even though they are way too small. I buy pants that are too small convinced I will fit into them. As Emily Blunt said in the Devil wears Prada, "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight". I'm usually just one stomach flu away from a gorgeous wardrobe. (I do have the flu right now, but not suprisingly.... I still have an appetite.... dang it!). Oh well!
    :ohwell:
  • lexmac47
    Options
    I have still have pre-millenium skinny pants. If I search hard enough there might even be a pair from the 80s! But now I'm thinking that I might fit some of those by summer on my current training ... Always the optimist.
  • IfICanLoseIt
    IfICanLoseIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do the opposite and hang onto pants I really like even though they are way too small. I buy pants that are too small convinced I will fit into them. As Emily Blunt said in the Devil wears Prada, "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight". I'm usually just one stomach flu away from a gorgeous wardrobe. (I do have the flu right now, but not suprisingly.... I still have an appetite.... dang it!). Oh well!
    :ohwell:

Literally got me to LOL! That's really funny. I'm sorry you have the flu (and that your appetite remains intact), but from this side of the screen I have to say that I'm still laughing!

Thanks so much for that:-)
  • IfICanLoseIt
    Options
    I have still have pre-millenium skinny pants. If I search hard enough there might even be a pair from the 80s! But now I'm thinking that I might fit some of those by summer on my current training ... Always the optimist.

Ah the ever hopeful skinny pants. I have to admit that I kept a few of those around until just before I decided to take control... I gave them away because even though I am an eternal optimist I had gotten to the point of deciding that no matter what I did I was never going to shed the pounds. How wrong I was:-) Can you imagine it? I love it when I'm wrong? Oh yeah!
  • LisaH1231
    LisaH1231 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kat,

I am the same way...I must have 4 different sizes in my closet. It has gotten to the point that my husband has had to move his clothes out of the walk in to the spare bedroom down the hall. It's a bit crazy I know...
  • IfICanLoseIt
    Options
    Kat,

I am the same way...I must have 4 different sizes in my closet. It has gotten to the point that my husband has had to move his clothes out of the walk in to the spare bedroom down the hall. It's a bit crazy I know...

Exactly! We love those old clothes and absolutely "know" that one day they will fit us once again. the good news is that with what we’re doing in the here and now – they ultimately will. I encourage you to never ever throw them away:-)
  • HealthyKat24
    HealthyKat24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to do clothes swaps with friends! That way I never "throw away" clothes. We just trade and wear each others clothes at whatever sizes we happen to be. I invite a "wide range of ladies" so everyone feels welcome. They all have a "wide range of sizes too. Its funny to see your clothes from a previous clothes swap come back to the next clothes swap! We all go up and down in sizes. (Agreed it is healthier to stay down in smaller sizes and not vary your weight too much, but if you happen to go up one size when you are bloated..... what the hell.......)

P.S. Always hide your really favorite skinny pants, never swap them. :)
  • IfICanLoseIt
    Options
    Its funny to see your clothes from a previous clothes swap come back to the next clothes swap!
    P.S. Always hide your really favorite skinny pants, never swap them. :)

Absolutely agreed! Actually, my wife got me into the clothing swap thing... Frankly it seemed like a woman thing (sorry - but you know us guys have a need to stay macho at every moment:-) Anyway, I started going along and ended up finding quite a few things that guys were bringing and... okay okay I was wrong! But here's the thing that strikes me as even funnier than seeing the cloths cycle through those swaps: seeing a guy on the street wearing some crazy over-sized thing that I used to wear. It generates an odd feeling of satisfaction mixed with deja vu.

Alas your PS is lost on me since I long ago gave my skinny jeans away, and now they would fit! If only I knew the correctness of your advice - then.

Ah well, there are always new jeans to be broken in...

j*
  • phardiman01
    Options
    I've have several pairs in my closet now:laugh: because they are size 6!! GOD knows I'm 6 SIZES ABOVE THAT... I refuse to get rid of them until I can at least meet somewhere in the middle! LOL
  • IfICanLoseIt
    Options
    I've have several pairs in my closet now:laugh: because they are size 6!! GOD knows I'm 6 SIZES ABOVE THAT... I refuse to get rid of them until I can at least meet somewhere in the middle! LOL

I'm an absolute believer! You can do it. Just be continuously kind to yourself (since the process takes time) and you cannot (there's no way to say this without there being a double meaning but you know the meaning I... mean) - lose:wink:

Thanks for the laugh.

j*
  • harleigh67
    harleigh67 Posts: 131
    Options
    LOOK I have size 4 size 6 size 8 size 10 and yoga stretched to the limit pants that I wear now because I refuse to get sized and even find out what I wear now......I refuse to give up my old jeans because I paid a fortune for Oscar de la renta, jordash, ralph lauren and calvin klein...... and because of my disability I get SSD now and will never be able to afford those names again plus I know nobody will pay me what they are worth to take them off my hands!!!! Am hoping my girls will fit into the smaller ones soon now that they are in their 20's