Looking for members based in Scotland...

Options

Replies

• HelenNis
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm Helen and live in Clackmannanshire. Started using the phone app sometime last year but only for a wee while. Just came back on Saturday with a determination I've never had before. Theres a long way to go...my goal is to get down to about 140 lbs (I'm 190 just now)!!! I've just started using slimfast for brekky and lunch and having a weight watchers dinner and also started Zumba which I'm loving!!!! Would be nice to make some friends who's also in this weight loss game so we can support each other. Good luck everyone.
  • Yinkin
    Yinkin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Aberdeen. Looks like there are a few of us on here. Joined ages ago but never really used it properly until Sunday. Now using the website and the app to try to keep going. Looking for friends to help keep up the motivation.

17500.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • gordon53
    Options
    Recently joined MFP to try and drop a bit of weight target was initially 15lbs and I'm half way there in what seems indecent haste. Having knowledge of calorific intake fits in well with exercise regime, and initial progress better than I thought.

Live in Nairn and a fair weather runner, so all gym work at the moment, as I don't like running in the cold (woose, I know). Currently training for the Inverness half marathon on 11 March. Usually do 10Ks so half is a step up. Don't know if I'll make it, but enjoying the training - most of the time! Just back from 7K on the treadmill at the local gym......

Will be good to compare notes with fellow Scots, so feel free to be my first MFP friend!
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all, another weegie here. I've been using the app for a wee while and it was all going ok until xmas when it all went a bit pear shaped - literally :-)

I've been putting on a pound a week since xmas and have decided that enough is enough so back to the logging.

Emotional eating is my downfall, plus the fact that I am currently trying to fix a running injury which has curtailed my cardio a lot.
  • Natz_20
    Natz_20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!

I am from Glasgow just started this about 3 weeks ago and loving it!! and now i have found a group for Scottish people!! YEY!!!! haha

hope everyone is doing well!!

Natz :bigsmile:

xx
  • RossGoodman
    RossGoodman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I'm from Larkhall, have a lot of weight to lose and have been struggling with it.
    Using MFP to ACCURATELY log my food as that's my main weakness.

Ross
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone

I am Alison and I am originally from a town called Wishaw in Lanarkshire about 30miles outside Glasgow. I am now based in Cruden Bay in Aberdeenshire. I have been an MFP member for about 1.5yrs now and I did lose nearly a stone but fell away and back to square 1 again.

It would be nice to have some locals that we possibly arrange to meet up to keep the motivation going as I am really struggling, even if just to attempt some running as cannot really afford to go to classes (which is why MFP is so great!).

Please feel free to add me as a friend and take it from there - all friends welcome not just Aberdeen!!!!!

• scottishhighlander
    Options
    Hi folks, my name is Adrian, but I prefer Ade. From Ardross in the highlands.

Feel free to add me if you wish :)
  • Annmarie49
    Options
    Hi guys....... i am from East kilbride but living in livingston now.

started with MFP 2 weeks ago, although have lost 56lbs over the previous 2 years. the weight was starting to creep up again and needed something to focus me on the right path again... found MFP and even better........ 'Tartan trimmers'!!!!!

still need to lose another 14-18lbs......... this bit is the hardest as everyone keeps telling me how 'wonderful/fabulous etc etc i look now compared to before but i want to get into the 'normal' BMI zone and STAY there.

Go to the gym 5 x wk, do Body combat/attack/pump & CX works......... still didn't lose anything this week tho!! just have to keep going.
  • gordon53
    Options
    Anyone use the scanner on the i phone app? It's excellent!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I use on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace) and it's really handy although it sometimes picks up odd products from the list.

I had a family bag of Cadbury's mini eggs left over from last year and when I scanned the barcode, it gave me mini eggs but supposedly from Canada!! weird :noway:

I use it on new products because I've got most of my regular items loaded in my diary/my meals or recipes already! :happy:
  • danstewart1978
    danstewart1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've signed up for the Craggy Island Triathlon on the West coast. It's not a full triathlon so distances are shorter. There are some hills i believe. I've posted info about this within this group under a specific topic - might be worth a look!

Dan
  • ukjohn
    ukjohn Posts: 16 Member
    Options

All the time...it really is good
  • jojodinkley
    jojodinkley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Jen from Hamilton. So happy to find this group as I have a massive journey ahead of me. Got to lose about 6 stone! :-( I've had a hip condition for a few years which has prevented any kind of exercise and the weight has just piled on - not helped by the fact that I have a very sweet tooth! I love this website & I've used it on & off for a year or so, but now my hip is sorted I am determined to get back my pre-child figure. I think I'm going to need all the help I can get! Love to read all your stories - I find them all really inspiring xx
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen! I'm in Glasgow and about a year further down the line than you - I've lost about 6 stone in that time. Don't think of it as a massive journey, take it one step at a time. Lose the first lb, keep at it, lose another lb...

When I started last year I set my goal weight with no real expectation that I'd be able to reach it, but every day I worked my butt off and watched what I ate (with the odd bad day!) and the weight just came off steadily. Now that I'm close to my original goal I've decided that I'm not going to stop there - the remaining belly fat has to go! my mindset has changed from "can I do it?" to "I CAN do it!"

You CAN do it too!
  • jojodinkley
    jojodinkley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen! I'm in Glasgow and about a year further down the line than you - I've lost about 6 stone in that time. Don't think of it as a massive journey, take it one step at a time. Lose the first lb, keep at it, lose another lb...

Hiya! Thanks for replying. I think you're right - I need to stop looking at the whole amount and focus on each day. I'm trying to just hit my calorie count every day & fit in a workout. Hopefully, the results will take care of themselves. I'm so glad to talk to someone who had been through it. Think I'll need all the help I can get!!
  • cydneycnoo
    cydneycnoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am in Leith (Edinburgh) I just started this 4 weeks ago. I'm a mum of 2. Son age 11 and Daughter age 7 and partner age ... well I don't think he would be happy if I told anybody!

I have rheumatoid Arthritis and Polymyositis. Both are auto immune illnesses. One effects my joints and the other effects my muscles. You should see me do my Frankenstein walk in the morning!!

I became very ill 2 years ago and was put on 90mg steroids a day. well....... I managed to put on 6 stone in 3 months. Not a good look. It has taken me this long to realise that I need to get of my sofa and do something about it. I have well over 100lbs to lose so it's going to be a looooooong walk.

Glad to see there are a few Scot's here. Hopefully you guys will know what I mean when I talk about stovies!!

I need all the support and motivation I can get, so feel free to send me a message and friend invite.

Good luck to one and all x

Oh, ps. I don't mind saying I am 41 (feel like 22 on a good day and 122 on a bad!)
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm in Aberdeen. :) SAHM and part-time bookie looking to shed 81lbs. It's going to take time, but I'm determined to do it! :)

Kell.

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • FormerSuperHero
    FormerSuperHero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    Ive been using this for the last 21days and I've loved every second.
    Living in Sunny Glasgow and hoping to lose 3 stone.
    The gym is hurting but I'm seeing results since 27/1/12 I've gone from 13stone 8pounds to a nice even 13stone already

8pound loss .... Happy face
    So this app is getting me in the right direction

Looking forward to motivating and supporting each and all

Karen
  • ScotinSeattle
    ScotinSeattle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm an ex pat from East Kilbride! 8lbs down so far :D