Day 7

Here's to week 1!!!! I hope you can look back and say you did your best!

I would have posted earlier today, but it appears I am sick :(

Not flu sick although I know that's only about 24 hrs or less. This is a cold that has now taken over after a few days of slight misery which is now full on pain. My throat feels like I gargled with acid!! After drinking lots of warm water, it's down to a slight burn now and only hurts when my lungs have to loosen stuff up.

I haven't eaten much today. I had my daughter get me some hot & sour soup from the chinese place in town. I don't know how good it was for me, but it felt SO THERAPUTIC. Yesterday was a complete calorie fest. My first real "bad day". I ate bad but it was mostly because certain things felt so good my raw throat.

The real bummer is I have NEW running shoes I want to try out and feel so darn crappy!!! I went to a store in a city 90 miles away and got new shoes at a local bike shop that sells running shoes also. They do gait analysis and have you try shoes specific to how you run. So...I ran on a tread for a couple seconds and the guy video taped my feet. Then he gave me 4 pairs to try on and run on. I got some Saucony Progrid Ride 4's that feel like pillows!! It was awesome being tested. Now I know I need a neutral shoe for running shoes. My last pair were stability shoes. Now I just need to get over the crud so I can try them out!

Have a good day everyone! And close out Week 1 with a good burn and some good eating!

Replies

• tropicalgirl34
    tropicalgirl34 Posts: 124 Member
    I completed week #1 and feel great!! I accomplished all three goals!! On to next week. :happy:

@deanadimples: hope you get to feeling better!! Nothing worse than being sick.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Week one of our 100 Day Challenge was pretty good for me. If things hold on until morning I can post a pound loss for the week. :smile: The down side to my week was the passing of my sister-n-law. She fought a hard battle with cancer . She passed this morning at 2:30am. My husband is so lost without her. I will be on an off here in the next few days...but will get caught up later in the week. Good luck on week 2 to everyone !!!
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Beth, you and your family have my condolences. Sorry you are going through this.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Today was a good day! I had a tough but good circuit workout at home this morning. Then I did cardio this evening. In between I had red lobster!!! I figured if I burned 1000 calories I should eat some of them back in a good way! Lol I had 64oz of water too! Pilates tomorrow Yeah
  • torrey66
    torrey66 Posts: 16 Member
    Good morning everyone!!! Week one was kind of trying for me.My biggest problem is having one cheat meal per week.I diet very clean during the week but as soon as the cheat meal times comes,I can't stop cheating..lol and the one cheat meal turns into a weekend cheat meal.So this week I will be mindful of my problem and try to correct it.Brobin,I'm sorry to hear about your sister in-law.You and your family are in my prayers.
  • newma6
    newma6 Posts: 100 Member
    I feel like week one could have been much better for me. The past couple of weeks has been very chaotic. There is so much going on. We have been out a lot the last few days, so my food choices weren't the greatest. I still stayed under my calories. I have missed 4 days in a row of exercise, Bc we have been gone all day everyday. Then we come home at night and I head off to work. Looking forward to this week getting back to normal! Praying I do a much better job!