Gaining Weight

Options
cjacole
cjacole Posts: 69 Member
Is anyone else seem to be gaining weight instead of losing. I have been run/walking for 3 weeks now and I havent lost anything but have gained a couple of pounds

Replies

• adweber98
    adweber98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I went for my weekly weigh in today and actually gained .2 pounds. I have been working my butt off too. The doctor told me that I was not consuming enough calories for the amount of exercise I was doing and I have also been drinking too much water lol! I am REALLY discouraged right now though! Let me know if you figure anything out that can help get us out of this FUNK!
  • lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    hi guys, i too faced this - was exercising way too much and my net calories were below the recommended numbers
    suggest bumping up the net calories to the MFP recommended values
    and hang in there, you are getting fitter and on the way to a great life
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    This is interesting. I was getting discouraged as well because the scale wasn't moving. I never stopped to think that it might have had something to do with running/C25K.

This seems to be very common as I just saw someone post on the Message Boards that they were having the same problem. Some say to stick it out. Around week 4/5 you start back losing.

I try to eat my calories but I never eat them all. Maybe I should eat them all. I will try some different things. Let me know what works for you guys. I refuse to quit because I've heard that running is a good total body toner.
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    I don't think that weighing ourselves while doing this type of excercise is very helpful. I as well have apparently gained about 2-3 lbs. I feel great though, and many people have approached me asking me what have I been doing because they can tell I've been losing weight.

Do y'all know how much our leg muscles are building up?? Just look at your legs and I'm sure you'll see and feel them tighter and harder than before (that is, if you've been sticking to the program!)

Really, I know I should be the last one to tell y'all to stop weighing yourselves while during any type of muscle-building exercise but trust me...muscle is heavier than fat and there is no way we'll be feeling or looking worse than how we started it so...Enjoy the journey and don't get discouraged! :flowerforyou:
  • stories11
    Options
    You aren't losing weight because the muscle you are gaining is getting rid of the fat, but muscle is denser than fat so ways more, but takes up less space, in another two weeks or so of exercise the scale will start dropping.