So ladies...

Options

Replies

• KemahSunshine
    Options
    #1..... Its all about confidence.... THAT is what is attractive!
    #2..... Just be yourself... (unless ur a jerk... lol) Seriously, Show genuine interest in her .... not her looks or what she can do for you...
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Nice thread... informative.
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    1- depends: pics please! Whatever makes you feel more confident is usually why will get the best reaction. I don't like the monk look with just a circle of hair. And hate comb overs, but having hair while its thinning is ok. Shaving is a lot of work! Ask us ladies! I wouldn't do the medical things, spend that time and money on your health.
    2- hysterical opening line. Never use it. A little eye contact across the room. Maybe a little nod of the head. Then head over and ask something light.

Good luck!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheesy lines. Sure I'll let you splurge $7 on my drink but that's about it when you come to me in that matter.

Precisely why bar pickups are generally a waste of time for guys.
  • Cindy68164
    Cindy68164 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Couple few questions...

1. Would you rather have a man with a shaved head (either really close with clippers or razor), a guy who is thinning (not bald yet, but there's not a full field in the meadow), or someone who uses the medical products (i.e. Rogaine) to counteract the natural effects of their genetics?

2. What is the best thing to legitimately say to a woman to strike up a conversation? I always rely on - "What size works best for you?" *wait for disgusted look* "No, I meant I wanted to buy you a house."

Hair dosen't matter in the long run, but if your going bald, shave it. Leave some stubble. If you have hair, keep it short. Don't try to hide what isn't there. That's like women padding thier bra's ....eventually your gonna find out.

The only perference to hair I like is facial hair....no mustache or beard, but LOVE the five o'clock stubble...all the time!

Work. Ask her what she does for a living ....then listen.
    Kids. Kids are womens' lives...love them and she'll love you.
    Do little things in a casual manner. Open her door, like you should anyways...(but not the car door...that's too obvious) Take the top off her beer. Clear the dishes off the table. Don't take over tasks she's already doing...don't belittle. Sneak in those little kindnesses and she'll notice.
  • emilysheafit
    emilysheafit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Couple few questions...

1. Would you rather have a man with a shaved head (either really close with clippers or razor), a guy who is thinning (not bald yet, but there's not a full field in the meadow), or someone who uses the medical products (i.e. Rogaine) to counteract the natural effects of their genetics?

2. What is the best thing to legitimately say to a woman to strike up a conversation? I always rely on - "What size works best for you?" *wait for disgusted look* "No, I meant I wanted to buy you a house."

1. Some men can really pull off bald, some not so much. Hair isn't that important though.

2.Ask my name and buy me a drink. Everything after that is smooth sailing!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    1) completely shaved head

2) always start with a compliment and/or an open ended question. i.e. if you're at a bar where a local band is playing: "that's a beautiful dress you have on! have you heard this band before?"

Everyone loves compliments and it's hard to ignore a question. You can usually gauge her opinion of you by her response. If she looks nervous, keeps her shoulders turned away from you, or uses some sort of negative body language and gives you a short, clipped answer, nod, smile and excuse yourself. if she seems a bit flustered but smiles a lot and touches her hair or gives you some clue that she's happy that you noticed her... keep going. follow her lead.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    1. I like bald guys as long as they have a nice shaped head, but I don't mind a receeding hairline either.
    2. I would walk away from that phrase. I prefer a guy to be himself, not use pick up lines. A sincere compliment will get you a lot father than a cheesy line you saw on the internet. Also real conversation. For me bringing up music would always start a great conversation, and you can go anywhere from there.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    1. Confidence and "swagger" Wear those 2 things and I don't really care what you do with your hair.

2. Compliments are a girl's best friend. Besides diamonds. So unless you are mining for a living, compliment something. :bigsmile:
  • rin1130
    rin1130 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1.It doesn't matter to me, personally.

2. I hate when someone asks me what music I like or something really generic. Make it personal. Like others have stated, observe for a few minutes and ask her about her sports tshirt or an interesting necklace she's wearing. If you are lucky somebody will be dancing horribly or really drunk and making a spectacle of themselves, which is always a good conversation starter. If she is talking to a friend and the conversation isn't too deep or obviously private you can try and jump in and say, sorry I didn't mean to easedrop, but....and then give your opinion on the matter. Then walk away after a few minutes of chatting so you can see their reaction.

The most important thing is though, ask for the person's number! I can't tell you how many times I talk to nice guys who seem to be interested but get to nervous to follow through! (I've seen my own guy friends do this too!)

That being said, there is a certain charm to using a lame pick up line in a joking, overly dramatic, self-depcracating way. You have to have a certain personality for that to be funny though.
  • barefootkandi
    Options
    1. Personally I like bald men, but really the hair doesn't matter as long as you're happy with it. Do what makes you feel most confident and secure in how you look.

2. Compliments are great. so is "Hi, my name is ____. Can I buy you a drink?" Pick up lines that sound practiced or are meant to be clever tend to fall flat. And speaking as a woman with the kind of name that draws bad pick-up lines, please do not resort to cheap innuendo about my name. I have heard every version of "I want some candy" that can be imagined, from the sweetly innocent sounding comment to the boldly explicit, and not one of those men got past the small talk even in my wildest most reckless days. No matter how clever a line sounds, we've heard it before. Just be yourself and chat, ask questions, talk about work or movies or what you love about living in this area or the weather. That's the sort of approach that gets me to actually wanting to get to know you.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Ahah! =) I've got long hair, I'm dooooooomed!

Don't do cheesy pick up line though, so here is my chance...
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just thinning... keep it... when it's fluff up to cover/comb-over time, just shave it off... unless you're like, 70, in which case who cares :p
    Umm.... or unless you have a weird shaped head... in which case, I don't know which is worse (haha, sorry) :D

For the conversation thingy, yeah don't use that line! lol, just "hi, my name is ___" ..by far the best.

PS. yeah... LONG thinning hair is grody...cut that sh** lol
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    1) I don't think hair really matters to me as long as it's well-kept and it's not a comb over

2) What always seems to grab my attention when a guy compliments me on my smile or if I"m not smiling they tell me to smile...it gets me everytime lol
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

I don't particularly care. The only time I would care is in comb over situation. Blegh! lol

Hi, my name is ________. I came over to talk to you because I think you are very attractive and seem like an interesting person.
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Couple few questions...

1. The only hair "don't" I have is the Michael Bolton. Otherwise, it's all good.

2. I like casual. For example, if you saw a girl with a band t.v. shirt on, you could strike up a conversation about the band. Nice opening. I'm really not that experience with that type of thing.
  • ReneeG74
    Options
    1. Shaved or Bald works for me

2. Witty and humorous with a touch of sarcasm gets me everytime
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE balding or bald men!!! Shaved or naturally bald or balding.

And I think the best way to approach is hello or say something witty that will make me laugh/smile. That will get me everytime!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    if ANY guy uses a cheesy pick up line on me...I walk away. A simple hi how are you is fine.... NO pick up-lines work
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Comb over definately out .. but other than that hair doesn't really make a difference to me .. bald or not.

I love a good pickup line .. lol .. as long as its funny and not disgusting.

I had a guy come up to me once and ask me if I had a band-aid, I of course responded, no I don't I'm sorry, are you hurt? He said .. yes, i scraped my knee when I fell for you..

I truly laughed so hard. I thought it was funny and cute and daring and I loved it.

I think the sexual pickup lines aren't really appropriate if you don't know their personality. A sense of humor will always be well received. lol