How was your Valentines Day

Options
Sorry guys. I have been totally neglecting this group... mainly because I moved to the GAPS way of life. But wanted to connect with all of you.. so did you stay primal/ paleo on VD or did you throw caution to the wind and scraf down an entire heart shaped box of chocolates lol
For me.. dinner was pretty paleo friendly.. rib eye, green beans and no more than a taste of dairy free mashed potatoes.. and no to the heart shaped box- I have too many food intolerances for my hubs to be able to get me one of those.. I did however eat 2 helpings of flourless chocolate cake with dinner and later that night almond milk chocolate ice cream with Grain free chocolate cake crumbles mixed in...:blushing: paleo ..hmm maybe ..high in sugar and carbs? absolutely

Replies

• mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Nice; we actually celebrated V-day late last week in conjunction with some really good news that I got at work (bonus!). That meal was fab, and actually was vegan -- so grain free, dairy free and meat free, but definitively NOT carb free (we had a bunch of wine as it was a tasting menu). Hubby had the regular tasting menu, and I tried some of his stuff, but avoided the ravioli he was served. :-)

Last night was a simple swordfish meal, with some soy sauce (coconut soy), TJ's vegetable birds nests (not carb free, but tasty), and a huge salad. Watched an episode of the New Sherlock Holmes from the BBC. Dark chocolate later. Good stuff.

It's more about celebrating time with your loved ones anyway, right?!
  • BrakemanSlova
    BrakemanSlova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not too bad except went over 100 carbs due to red wine. Snuck a couple dark Dove chocolate "Promises" from the boxes we gave our daughters.