Welcome! Check in here.

Options

Replies

• andreacall
    andreacall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Andy825 on CoTH. Mostly I lurk. I only have about 15 lbs to lose, but I have been gaining steadily and none of my half -assed attempts to control it have worked, so I'm hoping some food logging and accountability will do the trick. I am currently mostly vegetarian and wheat-free. The wheat free thing is a new experiment, so we'll see how that goes.
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Lone on COTH, I mostly lurk on there.

I'm 24 and in grad school. I'm 5'7", my highest weight was 170 which was about 2 years ago I lost 15 pounds and then slowly got back up to 165 over the last year. I'm hoping to get down to about 140-145 by this summer.

Good luck to everyone :)
  • SCM1959
    Options
    I am SCM1959 on COTH with the same name here. I was always thin, and had no trouble keeping weight off ... and then I got married (115 pounds), and then I had one child and then another .... and here I am at 185 pounds! I am wearing size 16 jeans! When my son was a year old, I was wearing size 6. My goal weight is 150, which is sort of sad, since I remember seeing the scale go to 150 at my last ob visit before my (now 26 year old) son was born, and being horrified.

I just saw some recent pictures of me and I am really horrified now. I look like a matronly, OLD woman!

We have had some very troubling family situations in the past year or so, and I do know that is part of why I have gained so much weight, but enough is enough!

I am going to try to figure out this website; I am not very good about those things.
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Duckz on COTH. I've been gaining and losing the same 15 lbs for the past few years. I'm quite tall so I hide the extra pounds pretty well, but when I'm at the top end of my weight (like now) I feel awful! My clothes don't fit right, I don't ride as well, and I just feel blah. Right now my biggest issue is food - I can eat and eat and eat. Winter doesn't help things either. I'd like to be in the mid 140s again...and stay there!

Current stats:
    height: 6'
    weight: 160
    goal weight: 145
    short term goal: fit in show breeches in four weeks, in time for my trip to Aiken!
  • TheatreDamsel517
    Options
    Hey all!

On CoTH I am EventerChick517, but I'm a lurker. :) In real life I'm Amanda.

I'm about 5ft 5ish, my current weight is 167 and I'd like to get down to 140ish then decide how much more I want to lose from there. I'm not super stuck on meeting a number as much as I am about feeling and riding my best. Especially because this summer I plan to move up to Training eventing with my 14.1h pony and if I expect more out of him I need to expect more out of me! I also plan to take my B Pony Club rating(more or less Prelim) and I need to step up my game.

I've been the "chunky kid" my whole life and it's time for it to stop. My "lowest" point was when I was 190ish two years ago and since then I've been casually trying to lose weight. But it's time for me to get serious!
  • ecampisi
    Options
    I'm Jaideux on COTH

I'm 26 and was at a peak weight of 241 a few weeks ago. Between the shame of that number going up, my boyfriend being overweight, being in a family of athletes (and many of them are even brainy athletes so I can't even claim that!!), and learning first hand in my rotations for nursing school the serious complications of being obese (both for the patient AND for the staff taking care of them!) I need to get back on the bandwagon of fitness. Last year during a workout challenge at work, when I was doing self-care for my horses and riding regularly I was down to 220 so I would be happy to get back there by the summer.

I also really want to look more appropriate on my horse. He's a big boy, but my size is fluffy despite being slightly tall (5'7") and I know it is holding me back from having the strength/fitness to start jumping again, which I am finally mentally ready to do. Plus I work in a psych ED and I'm really tired of angry patients calling me a "fat b!tch"... I'd much prefer just the b word :)

I set up an appointment to start seeing a counselor again, to address some of the issues surrounding the weight loss issue. Hopefully she can help me get some insight into why I keep making bad choices despite wanting this so badly. I do have a disconnect between my real size and how big I believe I am- I believe I am smaller than I am, so right up until I see a picture of myself, I don't have "in the moment" motivation to slim down. Which is odd, because in high school I was convinced I was the fattest, ugliest cow ever and looking back I was HOT (probably 160-180).

So, that's my goal: 180.

And I hope to achieve it by diet, exercise, and some accountability here and through counseling.

PS- I downloaded a GREAT book for my Kindle: "If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Loose Weight'. It's not a diet. It's cognitive restructuring. As a former therapist, I can honestly say that the content is appropriate and well-thought out.
  • jamie2337
    Options
    Hi there!

I am Jamie2337 on COTH, but I mostly lurk there like many of you all.

I joined MFP when my husband told me about it. He downloaded the app a few weeks ago and has lost 16 pounds in like 3 weeks!

I have fought my weight all my life. In 1999 I was 302 pounds. I had a gastric bypass and lost 155 pounds. Unfortunately 2 /12 years after the surgery I had a complication which resulted in damage to my pouch. I went from 155 to 245 in less than 3 years. I have been losing slowly and steadily over the last 3 years. I have gone from 245 to my current weight of 205, but still have a long way to go.

When I saw a COTH group I had to come get involved. Nothing motivates me like horses! I want to be able to buy off the rack breeches and boots. Finding show clothes is a nightmare when you are heavy. I also have limited myself to only jumping under 2' until I lose more weight...and I am ready to jump higher...but I don't want to hurt my horse.

I have an immediate goal of getting under 200# in the next month. My end goal is 170. At 155 I was too thin....so I feel 170 would be a decent weight to aim for!

My worst habit is that I don't eat breakfast and then snack tons at night. I am really struggling with breaking it!

Can't wait to get to know you all! Please feel free to friend me!
  • peachie98
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kristen. I'm KW on Coth, but like most of you I am also pretty much a lurker there. I had this app on my iphone and my friend, Susan (curbappeal) invited me to join this group since I'm on coth as well. :)
    I'm 5'6" and 255lb and would like to get back to 150lb eventually but will be happy to get to 175. I work at a horse farm so am pretty active during the days, and thought I was eating pretty good but using this app I realized I could do a lot better! I do have thyroid issues (on synthroid) but it took a few years to get it diagosed...I was gaining weight quickly with no change in my routine and was up to 260+ by the time I started meds. It's amazing how much easier it it to gain the weight than to lose it! So, hopefully with the help of this app and motivation I can get skinnier again!
  • krs4747
    krs4747 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am Tee on COTH. Post occasionally but mostly just read.

I have 2 Morgan geldings, coming 10 year old and a coming 5 year old. It's funny, I originally started wanting to lose weight back in 2001. Over the following 6 years I was down about 50 lbs from my highest of 300. And then sort of got stuck. What pushed me to get back in gear was Remy. Here I had this super nice 4 year old who didn't not (at the time) have much body. I didn't think it was fair he was carrying me around and didn't honestly think he'd hold up for a great number of years at the weight I was. So I joined WW and over the next couple of years lost another 74 lbs, to my lowest of 176. That was AWESOME! Held it for awhile and then seemed to forget that it did, in fact, require work to maintain. Over the next couple of years I was back up to 215. I am currently at 201.6 and am aiming for a healthy goal weight of 160 by the end of June. I may decide to try for 150, but I want to see 160 first.

I am doing the old WW program as well as going to the gym 5 days a week. Riding 2 horses (one western, one english) and cleaning 4 stalls. So far in the last 5 weeks (give or take) I am down just over 8 lbs, my clothes are fitting great and the hunt coat I bought in November fits much better. :-)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kristen. I'm KW on Coth, but like most of you I am also pretty much a lurker there. I had this app on my iphone and my friend, Susan (curbappeal) invited me to join this group since I'm on coth as well. :)
    I'm 5'6" and 255lb and would like to get back to 150lb eventually but will be happy to get to 175. I work at a horse farm so am pretty active during the days, and thought I was eating pretty good but using this app I realized I could do a lot better! I do have thyroid issues (on synthroid) but it took a few years to get it diagosed...I was gaining weight quickly with no change in my routine and was up to 260+ by the time I started meds. It's amazing how much easier it it to gain the weight than to lose it! So, hopefully with the help of this app and motivation I can get skinnier again!

*waves enthusiastically* Glad to see you here!

Kristen has been my best friend for 12 years. She was the one who hired me for my old grooming job and the horse I'm riding in my profile pic is her horse, Bella.
  • ymaisred
    ymaisred Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I guess I was meant to be here. Last October I raised money and rode for SGK Ride for the Cure in Central Virginia, to fight breast cancer. I raised $2,700 and rode my new horse Diesel off property for the first time (had him for 11 months). We raised the 3rd largest amount and one of my awards was a year subscription to CotH (one of the best things I recieved that day, besides the joy my horse had taking me over jumps, he is an eventer and I am learning to be one).

I travel for work and have a really good friend that loves dressage that rides him also, she turned me on to MFP. She has lost 11 lbs and is looking so good!

I was always thin, I mean really thin. I am 5'5" and was 95 lbs when I graduated high school, and did not weigh 100 lbs until I was 26. I worked at the track when I was in college; starting as a stall cleaner, then a hot walker, then finally an exercise rider. I remember when I went to my adult wieght I moved in with my now husband and I went from 105 to 150, that is gaining half your body wieght in one month. I grew into his clothes and he bought new (I wasn't the only one happy fat).

I had never dieted until three years ago, I had a trip to Brazil and I was going to wear a bikini no matter what. I did WW and went from 163 to 133 in 6 months. I did wear that bikini and loved every minute. I have now started creeping up in numbers due to my desk job and am ready to get my weight down and be more active again. I know I can do it!

So that is my story. I am here for Diesel (and me).
  • Blugal1
    Options
    Wow, we are up to 103 members! This is great! Welcome everyone!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I am starting to get quite a few, but I try to participate and cheerlead as much as I can! (And am reaping the rewards of everyone's support, too!)
  • sameoldsong00
    sameoldsong00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I go by Nylar on the board, but I don't post all that much these days. I've been off and on here for a while, so hopefully joining the group will help motivate me! The weight packed on during college, I went from a size 6 to a size 14, and while I've occasionally dropped a few pounds here or there since, the weight always comes back.

I don't own a horse right now (haven't for a few years now), but I work as an instructor, so I get my fix. I have access to a VERY nice Anglo-Arab that belongs to the farm, but between lessons, horse shows, and the "real job," I just don't ride like I used to. I've done the hunters forever, but have picked up dressage with the new horse and have really hit a wall because I'm just not fit enough to keep a big horse together and going. I know this year is going to give me additional riding opportunities, and I just need to get my act together and commit to getting fit and healthy so I can take advantage of everything coming my way!
  • Dressagefit
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nicole and I have the same screen name on COTH. I am currently completing a hybrid of P90X and Insanity after completing two rounds of Insanity. I have had amazing success since starting the workout programs. I am a Beachbody Coach and I have a motivational Facebook page for equestrians where I support, motivate and hold the members accountable in their fitness journey. I also run fitness challenge groups for riders looking to be committed for the entire fitness program , and I give them, extra accountability and support in a small group format. My current group is doing amazing! I really love motivating and helping people reach their fitness goals!
    I have a 8 year Dutch Warmblood who I compete in dressage. It is nice to "meet" everyone here! :)
  • jaimelong06
    jaimelong06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm JaimeWP on CoTH. I'm currently 5' 4", 28 years old and 227 lbs, down 1.6lbs from when I started (just yesterday!). I show western pleasure with at AQHA shows and ride about 3 times a week. I want to lose weight in order to look better in my show clothes and be more athletic. I've yo-yo dieted since college but I have to get it together and stick to it this time! I'm using showing to keep me motivated!
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new COTH'ers!
  • rmh84
    rmh84 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Far_North_Equestrian on COTH. I sporadically post in the Off Course and Eventing forums mostly, but every so often you'll see me elsewhere! I'm one of the bloggers with the Felix the Half-Fjord blog (www.felixfjord.blogspot.com)

I'm 28, 5' tall and 162 lbs, goal is to get back under 130 and I'll go from there (was happiest at 110 but that's from when I was 19, so probably not going to happen!).

I'm also on a mission to stay fit enough to get out showing this summer in spite of the fact that I have to travel for work nearly full time. Currently really going after the cardio aspect of things, but need to start doing some strenth training in the near future.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Hi all,

I am AppendixQHLover on COTH. I also know Duckz in real life. She is tall and her horse Linc is AWESOME.

A year ago I lost 75 lbs and got down within 15 lbs of my UGW. However, in September I moved out of my house with ex hubby. I also started dating someone. I consumed a bit to much wine and gained about 20 back. I know how I felt close to my goal weight and it was awesome. I want to get that feeling again so I am really busting it. The guy and I broke up a couple of weeks ago and wow..the weight is coming off again.

I have a young horse that has a lot of energy. When I get on him we do lots of trotting and cantering. Loads of galloping position. Having the extra weight makes it more of a challenge at times. He is a big boy and doesn't notice if I gain a few lbs.

Duckz also has seen me at my almost heaviest so she knows how hard I have worked.
  • wranglerlaura
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Laura. I am a PATH Itnl certified riding instructor at a wonderful theraputic riding center. I love my job! I've gotten so out of shape that when I ride my mare at thecanter, my core muscles start burning. How did this happen?
    I seldom get to ride, and feel guilty when I do put a leg over, so I'm sure that doesn't help.
    I have arthritis in my spine and many other joint issues that are aggravated by my weight.
    My awesome daughter (16 years old) started watching what she eats and exercising on her own and is looking great, she's quite an inspiration.
    Thank you all for having me here, it is nice to have a place to go where people speak horse and I don't always have to translate my thoughts before I type. :happy: