Master Cleanse

Options
Has anyone ever done the Master Cleanse(Lemons, Water, Cayenne Peter, Maple Syrup)? If so I need some support please! I'm starving :-)

Replies

• Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Is there any particular reason you are doing this? And if so, have you consulted with your doctor first? I would love to support your road to better health, but this particular diet can be very taxing on your body. I've personally never tried it before, but I have seen the ill effects it can cause. I know you asked for support, but the best way I know how to support you is by asking if this is something you really want to put yourself through. Hope I haven't offended you in any way because that is not my intenet. :-)
  • mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. It's not good for your body. Eat a balanced diet and workout. You'll get there :)

BTW I never tried it. I love to eat waaaay too much
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I tried it last year...it was disgusting and didnt work..Do a more healthier cleanse with fruit and vegetables..I'm starting next week
  • kymbrknr
    Options
    Hey Sistas: I love a good cleanse, especially to bring in the spring solstice. I have never tried the master cleanse, but I am suspicious of cleanses that seem to me to be out of balance. I guess all cleanses are out of balance because they require us to give up most certain types of food, so I should correct myself by saying that I am most comfortable with cleanses that:

* promote eating raw fruit and lightly sauteed or stemmed vegetables
    *restrict eating animal flesh or by products
    *restrict eating most fats except olive oil, flax seed oil
    *promote light exercise
    *promote drinking at the very least 64oz of water a day
    *restrict sugar and sugar substitutes

What has been your experience with cleanses?
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    How did it go, how long were you abel to stay on it? In general it is always best to talk to your doctor before trying something like this, ESPECIALLY if you have pre-existing conditions.
    After having said that I've always been into natural healing and natural preventative methods. I've always wanted to do a detox, but was always scared to making the commitment.
    When I first heard about the master cleanse I thought it sounded like a crazy fad weight loss scheme (that was last year when I first heard about it). Since then, I've decided to do the master cleanse after doing a lot of research on it it does seem to make a lot of sense (the ingredients and their purpose, the fact that you are getting calories in, and the methods to help expel the build up of toxins)

Anyway I plan to drink a minimum of 12 glasses so that I know I'm getting 1200 calories or more in. Another side note, headaches and some discomfort on SOME days are normal because the toxins come into our blood stream to be released through urine, sweat etc. The toxins being released are the things causing the temporary side affects not the cleanse itself. Also fat cells store excess toxins that our body hasnt been able to expel yet so as you burn the fat you are also releasing the toxins.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did this years ago and nearly passed out, I was EXERCISING pretty heavy at the time. I wouldn't recommend that anyone do it for any long term weight loss. I mean if you need to lose ten pounds quickly for some event....yeah this will probably do it, but anything long term....naaaah!
  • Pashen4fit
    Options
    I haven't tried it however I have drunk lemon water after meals :-) no sugar
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have done it two or three times over the years. I don't recommend it as a diet or long term lifestyle, but there are benefits to it (and other types of fasts/cleanses).

If you're still wanting information on my experiences and what I got out of it, just shoot me an inbox message.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I tried it once back in 2007, I only lasted until lunch time...it wasn't for me I was hungry and irritable.

Now when I want to detox/cleanse I do the Dr. Ox 48 hour cleanse and it is the best! You get to eat so you do not feel deprived and by Monday morning you feel like a new person(well I did anyway)
  • Denise0211
    Denise0211 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried it and found myself losing 2 pounds every other day. But when I came off of the lemonade diet, the weight slowly reappeared. But as stated earlier, this diet is not safe for the body so your best option is to eat healthy and exercise. It will work wonders. :)
  • Buttercup225
    Buttercup225 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did the Master Cleanse a few months ago. I loved it for the first few days. I was never hungry and I had energy. However...by Day 7 I was lethargic, moody, and disgusted by the taste of the Grade B Maple Syrup (which became overwhelmingly sweet to me as time progressed). Also, I gained all of the weight back within days of ending my fast. Not worth it!