Pump Challenge

Options
StarletteS
StarletteS Posts: 28 Member
Is there anybody doing the pump challenge? Has anybody seen results. I received my kit about a week ago and have yet to start. I will be doing a mix of Turbo FIre and Body pump.

Replies

• Flutterbies211
    Options
    I started it on the 8th. I can't really say what results I've seen because I took the weekend off and got off schedule by a day. I'll definately keep you posted though. I'm loving it so far. It's pretty intense with out being completely overwhelming. I also have Turbo Jam and Rockin Body that I integrate into the cardio days.

I'm not quite sure how to log the PUMP program into excercise. I just got a fitbit today so I'm hoping that will help me figure out accurate calorie burn with the program.
  • seaglass2
    Options
    I just received my kit last Friday. The clips don't work on the barbell so I finally got through to Beach Body and they are sending me out the correct clips but said it would take 5-7 days - ugh!

I did the challenge yesterday just with the bar to practice form - probably not a bad idea but I was so excited to get started.

Going to invest in a HRM to calculate calories burned during workout.

Good luck with your pump - have fun!!

dg
  • StarletteS
    Options
    Yay! I'm so happy other people are on here. I was surprised when I joined the group that there were no posts yet... I hope to start day one of pump today when I get off work. I have done the classes at the gym that are 50 minutes so I don't 25 minutes will be that crazy!!

Talk to you all soon!
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I went to the Les Mills website and used an estimate, based on the calories and time burned in the gym class. MPF adjusts for the 20, 30 minutes, etc. Do you think is absolutely necessary to invest in a tool to track my calories burned? If enough of you guys say so, I'll do it.
    :wink:

My clips didn't make it with my order, but I "rigged" something up for in the meantime.

10335596.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • StarletteS
    Options
    I definitely think investing in a HRM is worth the money. I have one and I LOVE it! I don't workout without it.
  • StarletteS
    Options
    I did the 20 minute challenge today and although it got me sweating I think I will start with week 2. I have done the Body Pump classes and 24 hour fitness and felt so much better afterwards. I think those run about 50 minutes.

I guess I better wait and see how sore I am tomorrow..... :wink:
  • seaglass2
    Options
    Great workout StarletteS!

I did Body Pump years ago when I belonged to the gym but I am much older (in mid 50's) so I think I will start out with challenge and stick with it until my form is good but I did love the full hour workout!!

Can't wait until the clips arrive so I can get started.

Got an e-mail that the HRM I ordered is not in stock, I am 2 for 2 this week - ughhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • StarletteS
    Options
    Thanks Seaglass!!

Oh man that stinks about the clips. I hope you get them soon.

Tonight I will be doing Turbo Fire HIIT 15.
  • Flutterbies211
    Options
    I thought about getting a hrm but I ended up getting a Fitbit. Best investment ever. You can even sync your fitbit activity with mfp to get a better estimate of your daily activity. It's definately the bes $100 I've spent recently.
  • amccord2
    Options
    Cool! Fitbit, here I come!
  • amccord2
    Options
    Finished Pump & Burn this morning! :smile:
  • StarletteS
    Options
    How was Pump & Burn? I watched the DVD but haven't done it yet. I was a little sore after the first Pump Challenge so I am going to continue with what the calendar says. I am also doing Turbo Fire at the same time so maybe that is why I was sore.
  • seaglass2
    Options
    still waiting for those d@mn clips :explode:
  • mjstallworth
    mjstallworth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found this group, but I am ready to start Pump and Burn tomorrow. I did the Challenge for 4 days. Still not sure my form is perfect, but just so excited to move on.

A bit about me: I'm 50, work in a school as a secretary, used to be fit and trim about 25 yrs ago when I was in the Army, but since have let myself go to seed. Started running last spring as a Running Buddy for my school's Girls on the Run team and discovered I actually like it. In January, I committed to losing weight, mostly for my running, but also because running re-awakened the desire in me to be fit.

So here I am! Thanks for letting me join you!:flowerforyou:
  • amccord2
    Options
    mjstallworth,

Welcome to the group! Shortly, I will make friend requests with everyone, so we can keep each other encouraged with logging in our meals and exercises.

Next, we want to "PUMP IT UP" a bit. I was part of a similar challenge that used a Google spreadsheet so that members of the group could chart their progress and keep each other motivated. Look for that to come!

Finished Pump & Burn today!! Woohoo! Day 8!
  • amccord2
    Options
    I tied some spandex material around my bar, and it help pretty well. I watched them the whole time, and was very careful to stay balanced. But, I am glad that my clips got here. Hope you get yours soon.
  • mjstallworth
    mjstallworth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pump and Burn tonight. Yikes!!! I'm quivering and sweating like a wildebeest! Gonna take a bit to master that ab section. I think I love it though! LOL
  • amccord2
    Options
    Les Mills 90-Day Challenge: Day 10: Pump Challenge & Hard Core Abs; check! The million is an ab killer!
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting on my safety clips!! Customer service at Beach Body is horrible. My kit came without the clips, then they sent me two different clips. One of them won't close around the bar. Had to wait on hold for 30 minutes to get a representative on the phone. I'm still waiting for the replacement clips and I'm pissed. It's been two weeks since I received the kit in the mail.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have a HRM, how many calories do you burn with the workouts?