Pump Challenge Pre-Chat

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
Hi everyone! Feel free to chat it up! Let's get to know each other as we're here to support each other as we change our body and commit to 90 days of Pump. Knowing a little bit about each person is really helpful!

I am an educator in the public school system, and I have taught math and science to middle school students. I currently support teachers in my school district in implementing technology into the curriculum. I have a teenager at home and a husband who enjoys working out at the gym. I have been a member of the gym, but I like the comfort of my home, for the convenience. I officially started Monday, 2/20/12, but jump in anytime! This is a link to a handy copy of the calendar, all on one page:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36976314/Body Pump 90-day Workout Calendar.pdf

This is a link to the spreadsheet to record our progress each week: Add your name, and enter your current weight as the start weight.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6LyUGCQOGQdGVTU09wV3dISkxQemgtVGdvcjhZeXc

We have a great, supportive group!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Replies

• seaglass2
    Options
    Thanks for starting this chat!

I am a middle-aged, unemployed housewife at the moment ;) I've been married to my best friend for 27+ years and we have one son who is in college now.

I was diagnosed after years and years of feeling lousy, gaining weight, hair falling and going from doctor to doctor that I have hashimoto's thyroiditus. It is an autoimmune disease that effectively makes you hypothyroid. It took a while to find the right medication and I am feeling good and just want to get this weight off once and for all and be healthy again for the next chapter in my life!

Good luck to everyone on your health and fitness goals!
  • StarletteS
    StarletteS Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello!

So great to meet you all!

My name is Star. I have a great husband, 2 wonderful boys 14 & 9, and 3 dogs. Full house. I also work full time at a Freight Forwarder so I hardly have time to workout. Right now is basketball season so my boys have practice Tues through Thurs and games every Saturday. Once basketball season is over we will start Spring Soccer. Busy schedule for me!

I am trying to do a Turbo Fire / Pump hybrid. On the walking days for the Pump I will be doing the Turbo Fire. I know I can do this!!
  • Flutterbies211
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ashley.

I work in retail management so I spend most of my day on my feet. I certainly didn't want to come home and work out. I decided it was time to get in better shape after going from a size 2 to almost a size 8 in two years. My boyfriend and I both let ourselves go as we settled into our lives together.

A former co-worker is a Beachbody coach so I got in touch with her to help me make a plan and to keep me motivated. I started PUMP on 2/5 but I've been working out with Turbo Jam since January.

I'm looking forward to helping motivate everyone and use you all for support when I need it too.
  • honey1017
    honey1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    My name is Honey and I have been married to Mr. Wonderful for over 22 years and we have three lovely children. I work in a school district and I am responsible for the finances.

I just ordered the Les Mills Pump DVD and I am so excited. While I realize that this will be a lot of hard work, I believe that I am up for the challenge.
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Ronita. I am 44 years old, work in a sedentary job, am married and have a son on college. As my son was preparing to leave for college a year and half ago, I realized that my time was about to become mine. I was (and still am) obese. I've lost 47 pounds but have 64 to go. I lost the first 47 in the first 6 months, then suffered a few injuries - shin splints, tendonitis in my shoulder and a broken finger. These were challenges that I have, for the most part, overcome with physical therapy and in spite of the injuries, have kept my weight off for a year. That in itself is a miracle. I have learned to say "yes" to more things and I am always striving to get out of my comfort zone. I'm ready to lose more weight, so I can reach my goal of 130 pounds.

I don't have the Les Mills Pump DVD, but our local YMCA has begun to offer Les Mills classes. I took the 30 minute CXWorx class, which is all core, and i LOVED it and a couple days later I saw this Les Mills message board. I've taken the CXWorkx class a few more times since then, and I plan on taking some of the other Les MIlls classes at the YMCA.

I also do weight training (using the books "Weight Training Workouts that Work"). I'm on volume II. And, of course I like to do cardio on the treadmill and elliptical and take other classes at the YMCA, like spin, Bodyflow, etc... I'm trying to kick things up a notch, not just because I want to lose more weight, but I have it in my mind to join a local rowing team this spring. I live just 2 miles from Lake Superior in Michigan, and it is something that is really appealing to me.

I'm looking forward to networking with all of you. Best wishes to all of you!
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lora! I just got Les Mills Pump & can't wait to start! I've been doing TurboJam & TurboFire and LOVE them!
    Look forward to chatting with everyone! Good luck & keep your eye on the prize!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have done body pump classes in the past and LOVE them. I was so excited to see that Les Mills Pump joined with Beachbody to create an at home workout. I will also be doing a Turbo Fire/Pump Hybrid. I plan to do Pump every other day and TF every other day. I think it will be a good mix for cardio and strength. I will be "officially" starting on Monday.
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see all of the new members to out group! Kia kaha! If you have not already done so, please introduce yourself in this thread, and tell up a little bit about you! :wink:
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    Aloha Ladies,

My name is Tua-Nei and I'm 27 years old. I'm now on week #4 for LMP and I absolutely love this program. I live here on Maui, and unfortunitely we don't have any of these trainings here at any of our gyms or Y...well none that I know of anyway. But I definitely love this program and I know that hard work pays off. Good luck to all of you and lets do this ladies:-)