Meals That Burn

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
Hello All!

In addition to working out, Les Mills Pump stresses the importance of eating the right meals to help boost our metabolism and speed up the fat burning process. So, Let's share some breakfast, lunch, or dinner ideas that will help get and/or keep us lean.

I most recently discovered what Dr. Oz calls a Tex Mex Salad:
3 c Baby Spinach
1/2 c Corn
1/2 c Black Beans
1/2 c Salsa
1/4 c Red Onions
1/4 Avocado
Mix together, and top with TBS of light sour cream! I have saved this as a meal in MFP! :smile:

Replies

• Flutterbies211
    Options
    Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The Tex Mex Salad sounds great. I love adding spinach and kale to anything that I possibly can, but never thought to add it to to what eqautes to be a bean/corn salsa. I'll have to try that.

How about a list of favorite snack foods? Here are mine:

Nuts - any kind, but usually in 1/2 serving increments. I keep them in my desk at work.
    Blue Diamond Nut chips (Nacho flavor) - these are made with nuts and brown rice and are a great nacho replacement to add to your Tex Mex salad
    Fiber one yogurt, by Yoplait
    Triscuits
    Wheat Thins 100% whole grain
    String cheese single servings - great to eat on the way to the gym!
    Sugar free chocolates!!!! Russel Stover has some really good ones and the sugar free Reese's are awesome too! Walgreens has a great selection. But, be careful - don't eat more than 2 or 3 (eat one your first time as a test) as the sugar alcohol can give you gas. And, they do have fat in them, just not the empty sugar calories.

I'm all about high fiber and low sugar!
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've cut out my sugary snacks. Today I had a tangerine, Special K whole grain crackers and Laughing Cow cheese.
  • amccord2
    Options
    The Tex Mex Salad sounds great. I love adding spinach and kale to anything that I possibly can, but never thought to add it to to what eqautes to be a bean/corn salsa. I'll have to try that.

How about a list of favorite snack foods? Here are mine:

Nuts - any kind, but usually in 1/2 serving increments. I keep them in my desk at work.
    Blue Diamond Nut chips (Nacho flavor) - these are made with nuts and brown rice and are a great nacho replacement to add to your Tex Mex salad
    Fiber one yogurt, by Yoplait
    Triscuits
    Wheat Thins 100% whole grain
    String cheese single servings - great to eat on the way to the gym!
    Sugar free chocolates!!!! Russel Stover has some really good ones and the sugar free Reese's are awesome too! Walgreens has a great selection. But, be careful - don't eat more than 2 or 3 (eat one your first time as a test) as the sugar alcohol can give you gas. And, they do have fat in them, just not the empty sugar calories.

I'm all about high fiber and low sugar!

These are great low sugar snack ideas! I love the Fiber One bars.
  • amccord2
    Options
    Hi All,

Has anyone tried the SHAKEOLOGY? My co-worker/fitness pal brought some chocolate to work today for to try. It was GREAT! ...and check out the nutritional facts! I've included a link below. I plan on ordering some and including in my diet. I would love to hear if any of you have tried it, and what you think!

http://www.shakeology.com/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=1d66051a-61fd-4199-841b-16d24dae4c7b&groupId=59860
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Has anyone tried the SHAKEOLOGY? My co-worker/fitness pal brought some chocolate to work today for to try. It was GREAT! ...and check out the nutritional facts! I've included a link below. I plan on ordering some and including in my diet. I would love to hear if any of you have tried it, and what you think!

http://www.shakeology.com/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=1d66051a-61fd-4199-841b-16d24dae4c7b&groupId=59860

I would love to try it, but it seems so expensive.
    I just have a regular protein shake with almond milk or a frozen protein shake with water and frozen strawberries.
    My favorite snacks are triscuits, almonds, apples, and carb master yogurt. The Special K cracker crisps are really good too- sea salt with some salsa.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I wanna try some protein shakes as well But Shakeology is so expensive.
  • amccord2
    Options
    Hello Pumpers & Shredders! I had a wonderful birthday yesterday! Unfortunately, I went well-over my calories, as I have several days this week, with celebrating this or that! So, I have sat down and created a plan, with the help of a book called, "Escape Your Weight." The calories may be a bit high for some of you, but it can be modified. Just wanted to share some meal ideas that I will be trying to stick to next week. Right now, I am doing a 3-Day Shakeology :drinker: cleanse to get back on track and rid my body of the toxins I have acquired from so many days of bad choices. Of course, I think it's fine to have a free day, but I have really gotten of track, so hopefully this will help get me back on track! :wink:
    Here is a copy of my plan. What do you think?
    healthy_meals.png
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Looks delish! The snack part got cut off but it looks like 200 cal snacks...congrats on getting right back on track!
  • ronitabur
    Options
    Looks very healthy, although I'm no nutritionist. But, I eat many of the things you have in your plan. The only thing I would personally change is the mayonnaise, which is added to several of your meals. Light mayonnaise (not fat free) tastes just as good. And, I might change the mixed fruit to fresh fruit, to avoid added sugar and cut the 2 oz servings of cheese down to 1 oz. But, that is just me. You burn a lot more calories than I do with your exercise, so you can indulge on these things a little more than I.

Good luck. I know you've been a bit down the past few days. It might not be about the food. Explore your feelings. :flowerforyou:

Roni
  • amccord2
    Options
    Looks very healthy, although I'm no nutritionist. But, I eat many of the things you have in your plan. The only thing I would personally change is the mayonnaise, which is added to several of your meals. Light mayonnaise (not fat free) tastes just as good. And, I might change the mixed fruit to fresh fruit, to avoid added sugar and cut the 2 oz servings of cheese down to 1 oz. But, that is just me. You burn a lot more calories than I do with your exercise, so you can indulge on these things a little more than I.

Good luck. I know you've been a bit down the past few days. It might not be about the food. Explore your feelings. :flowerforyou:

Roni

Thanks Roni! Those are some great ideas. I do use light mayo, but I think I just assumed that everyone does. My husband made me LOL the other night, as he storms in the kitchen and says, "Is there any food around here to eat anymore, other than light and wheat?" "Can you buy some plain white bread, some white potatoes, and some chocolate cupcakes?" SMH
  • ronitabur
    Options
    Ha! I make my husband buy his own junk food and I tell him to hide it from me. I cannot be trusted. LOL
  • LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For those wanting to try Shakeology, you can request a sample. I currently have it and love adding a banana and 1 tbsp natural pb. It expensive though and don't know how long I will continue to get it. I struggle to eat enough so it has been a nice addition.