New to the group/New to message boards

Options
Hi, I'm new to this group, new to posting on message boards and to MFP. I started MFP the first week of January and my husband bought me a Fitbit a week or so ago to sync with MFP and so far so good. I'm very happy to be a part of this board. I think after you hit 40 there are so many changes our bodies go through and it’s hard to understand them all, it's nice to know I'm not crazy and there are others out there experiencing the same things and that you are all so willing to talk about solutions and how you got through some of these challenges. I look forward to working with you all on my journey and hope that I can help you with yours as well.

Replies

• RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group snelson,I have been on MFP for almost a year, the people I have connected with are great an so supportive.I rarely accepted friend requests from anyone under 40, because,as you said, it's around 40 when things really start changing and I passed 40 a very lonf time ago!! lol Good luck on your journey here, and feel free to talk to me anytime. Red
  • cgailb
    cgailb Posts: 29
    Options
    I am so glad you are here! Both of you. When I started this board, I foolishly thought maybe 20 people or so would be interested. Now it's over 275! I am already feeling so inspired by what others post and I feel there are many options for me instead of what is in my own mind. I look forward to sharing and learning more! Happy Valentine's Day!
  • sojourningwithjoy
    Options
    I am new on here too. I am 51 and praying that I can make the lifestyle changes that will help me for the rest of my life. I have been encouraged by the tools and support offered on here. I can see where it is going to be a big help to me. Thanks for posting.
  • Musicalinda
    Options
    I'm also new, wrapping up my first week today. And very happy to see a discussion board for those of us over 40! I've made one or two half-hearted attempts at losing weight before, but I give up really easily, so I thought I'd take it public this time - maybe I'll be too ashamed to give up this way : ) Glad to know you're all here with me!
  • Toodletoo
    Toodletoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: Welcome to the group. We all need encouragement and help in our journeys.
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    Thank you so much cgailb for starting this group, it's great. Good luck to everyone.
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you'e going to love it here, this site and this group are awesome :bigsmile:
  • mamadragon
    Options
    Welcome to the group all you newbies!! :happy: Its so great to have you with us. Ive been with MFP for almost a year now. I found out about it on my cellphone when searching apps for calorie counters.
  • Cheryl943
    Options
    Wecome and feel free to add me. I started in Jan. 2012 so am fairly new myself but so far have been thrilled with this app and this group. All have been very supportive and it has made a big difference to me.
  • fritzboy
    fritzboy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also am new to the group and to MFP. I joined in January 2012 and also am new at posting.
    I enjoy reading other posts for all of their helpful information. It helps to know others are having
    the same problems you are and maybe have found different ways of dealing with them.
  • Jenthin
    Jenthin Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I just turn 40 last month! I have noticed many changes with my body over the past few years...and I'm not really lovin it, to be honest! Ha ;) I realize this all will only get harder as the years go by....so I am on a "turning 40 mission"!!! (lol). I've been really struggling with losing weight these past few years now...which I have never really had to deal with before now. In my 20's upto mid 30's I was always 135 to 150 lbs. Things are very different these days and I am really wanting to find some balance and a comfortable weight I can live with. I have noticed even my body shape is different and I am alittle overcome by it all! So, here I am...looking for ppl who can relate and have a place where we can all support one another! Got a good feeling I'll be glad I found this group.........already loved reading all the wonderful love and support I've seen <3
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    I am heading for 60, so I have quite a few years on you,lol, and the best advice I could give anyone is, get every lb. off and even a couple extra you can play with, cause at 50, the weight loss stopped. Gaining didn't , but losing is a nightmare. I envy your youth Jenthin, and you probably don't think so, but you are young and vital and have soooooooo much living to do. Look at it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. The health issues I have are over whelming, so try to get fit, and eat healthy, because I promise you, it does catch up to all of us. Look on my profile and you will see all my issues, and I have no one to blame but me. I wish you so much success on this journey, you will do great. Red
  • Tmrice721
    Tmrice721 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! I think you will enjoy this group and MFP. Variety is the spice of life :happy: I am very thankful for my supportive family, but sometimes I really enjoy spending time online with MFP friends. Please feel free to add me as a friend you and everyone in the group... :drinker:
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    I love this group! It's completely awesome. I tend to get frustrated with my weight because I work with so many thin, young people. My self esteem suffers and then I just want to give up. Reading everyone's trials and tribulations really keeps my spirits up.