Some home exercises

Options
Hello Everyone!

My contribution to the group is to come up with some exercises you can do from your home. At least for me, lists tend to be the best motivation in getting a workout done. Plus with the workouts you can eat more which is something I always enjoy doing..lol!!

Here are a few Cardio exercises I have come up with:

1) How many jumping jacks can you do in a minute? Time yourself and how ever many you did..you can do 2-4 more sets of those (best to do right away with a little break in between but you can break it up through out the day. You can jump rope in place of this if you wish.

2) Jog in place for 1 minute then walk in place for 30 seconds (you can raise your knees higher for more of a challenge). Do 3-5 sets of these (can be done through out the day or right away)

3) Reach up to the sky with your arms go up on your tip toes then bring your hands to touch the floor and jump your feet back to end up in a push-up position..then jump feet back to standing position and start all over. ( for more of a challenge jump up instead of going on toes then jump out and in with your legs as fast as you can). Do 10 of these.

4) Do something extra today. Park further from the building to walk. Run up your stairs. If there is an elevator..take the stairs. Instead of using the clicker to turn the power on walk up to the T.V. to turn it on...ect.

Strength Training:

1) 5 minute wall sit (can do 3 minute..break it up into 1 minutes through out the day, whatever your comfort level yet challenging) With these you want your knees bent at a 90 degree angle with your back against the wall. If you have a yoga ball you can place the ball between you and the wall..may be more easier on your back.

2) 25 sit-ups (if you want to break these up of do set of 25 through out the day you can- don't know your fitness level so you set the pace)

3) 10 push-ups (can be on your knees at any time, and if you want more challenging do them on your feet until you can't do them anymore then drop to knees. Its always good to start on your feet and even if you can't do one..you tried :)

4) 10 leg lunges -10 on each leg (walking leg lunges are better because you strengthen your core- tighten your stomach when you feel unbalanced, it words though theighs, gives you cardio, and helps with balance. Step one leg in front of you bending that knee 90 degrees and back leg is extended with knee bent toward the ground. You can see these on you tube to get an idea

5) flutter kicks...works the stomach and hips you lay on the floor feet strait out in front of you. Keep legs stiff while kicking back and forth numerous times. Do this in 3 sets of whatever you can do before your feet hit the ground.

These are all I can think of off the top of my head for today but these are really some good ones! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need options for the exercises. Everyone will be at different fitness levels and if you have a hurt back, or hip let me know and I will try to come up with something else. Take care and good luck!! Let me know if you've completed these or attempted them.

Carpe diem! (Seize the day)!

Replies

• Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My contribution will be to attempt to do these everyday.
  • cklei
    cklei Posts: 29
    Options
    Will be attempting these when I feel better :)
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    great lists!!! Thanks a bunch Lori!!
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    awesome ideas lori. wall sits kick my butt alllll the time :smile:
  • Ladylori1975
    Ladylori1975 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! If you want to post any of your favorites please do so! It feels so good thinking we are doing this together :)

Carpe Diem (Seize the day)! :happy:
  • LilysMom28
    Options
    awesome ideas lori. wall sits kick my butt alllll the time :smile:

I also hate wall sits!!! ouch!!!
  • Ladylori1975
    Options
    Wall sits are hard..lol! I agree. I actually had to do 5 minutes today..I split them up into one minute ones..I feel it for sure.

That and I had to do 150 push-ups for the body challenge I am doing through gold's gym. I better frickin look good in a suit this summer...thats all I gotta say!!!
  • LilysMom28
    Options
    wow 150?? you go girl!!! i'm lucky if i can get thru 10!! hahahaha I seriously have NO arm strength. You are doing an AMAZING job....every time you check in with your exercises i'm totally in awe!! Keep up the great work!!
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    150 push ups???? over what period of time lol? that's crazy but awesome at the same time :)
  • Ladylori1975
    Options
    150 push ups were for one day..yeeeeah it sucked. I did that 3 days ago and I still feel stiff. :grumble: