What is your biggest challenge?

Options
My biggest challenge is staying motivated during the weekend. I want to workout at least one day of the weekend but it's hard to find the time or motivation to get up and do it. Also, making sure to stay within my calorie limits on the weekend is hard. I guess I just need to dig deep and stick with it.

Replies

• lizblizz28
    Options
    My biggest challenge is finding opportunities to workout consistently. I'm in college so my schedule is pretty hectic. The last thing I want to do with what little free time I get is work out. I'm trying to change that starting now! I've tried to lose weight before and keep it off, but I never stay motivated. I'm hoping this time will be different.
  • I started eating healthy at the beginning of the new year and I have been very determined and I have perserved through temptation/ french fries, but working out is just now coming to me. I finally figured out that what little free time that I have, should be spent doing something beneficial for my body, since it helps me do all the things that I need and want to do. Plus I put it through hell sometimes.

Think of it this way, after you get done working out, do you feel good, happy, accomplished??? How do you feel after watching an hour or two of t.v., guilty, lost, lame maybe??? I just finally realized that I feel better when I work out in my spare time and I really truly felt guilty and got upset with myself when I had time to workout and did not take advantage of it. This is just me but maybe it will help.

Plus I really love logging the stuff that I do and eat. I like planning and knowing what is happening.
  • jgirl09
    Options
    I have a hard time staying motivated. I love to eat out so the minute I get a craving for unhealthy food I stop my diet and exercise and give into the craving and then it takes me awhile to get back on my diet and exercise. My bad habit is I have to diet and exercise 100 percent and then if I mess up it's all over so I might as well eat and do whatever I want until "I start my diet again".
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    Think of it this way, after you get done working out, do you feel good, happy, accomplished??? How do you feel after watching an hour or two of t.v., guilty, lost, lame maybe??? I just finally realized that I feel better when I work out in my spare time and I really truly felt guilty and got upset with myself when I had time to workout and did not take advantage of it. This is just me but maybe it will help.

This makes perfect sense!! I DO feel guilty for not working out. What wasted energy! It works better for me to have a scheduled time to work out rather than just saying I'll do it when I get a chance. That's why it's easier during the week.
  • alaska11
    Options
    I love to eat out so the minute I get a craving for unhealthy food I stop my diet and exercise and give into the craving and then it takes me awhile to get back on my diet and exercise. My bad habit is I have to diet and exercise 100 percent and then if I mess up it's all over so I might as well eat and do whatever I want until "I start my diet again".

I had to change my mindset. I used to mess up and then tell myself I would restart on Monday but Monday would never come. Now I try to remember that just because I messed up at lunch doesn't mean I have to continue to splurge the rest of the day. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
  • lizblizz28
    Options

Plus I really love logging the stuff that I do and eat. I like planning and knowing what is happening.

I know! That's what I love about this site most... It makes it super easy to do the math. cal burned > cal in
    Love that sense of accomplishment... plus I'm going to be more careful about what I eat since everyone can see!
  • bridies01
    bridies01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love to work out, my biggest challenge is justifying eating so much because I work out. I actually eat very healthy, but when I log everything....it's amazing how much it adds up even without eating junk food! I do really well logging food during the day, most days I bring my lunch/snacks, so first thing I do at work is input all the foods I brought for the day. But I don't do a great job once I get home. I don't have the computer right in front of my face in the evenings, so I think that is the reason. I just downloaded the app on my Droid phone last night, hoping this keeps me on track better in the evenings and on the weekends!
  • Think of it this way, after you get done working out, do you feel good, happy, accomplished??? How do you feel after watching an hour or two of t.v., guilty, lost, lame maybe??? I just finally realized that I feel better when I work out in my spare time and I really truly felt guilty and got upset with myself when I had time to workout and did not take advantage of it. This is just me but maybe it will help.

This makes perfect sense!! I DO feel guilty for not working out. What wasted energy! It works better for me to have a scheduled time to work out rather than just saying I'll do it when I get a chance. That's why it's easier during the week.

Yeah planning your workouts helps a ton, but I used to blow them off and my mindset is what changes everything. MINDSET = REACHING YOUR GOALS!!
  • I love to work out, my biggest challenge is justifying eating so much because I work out. I actually eat very healthy, but when I log everything....it's amazing how much it adds up even without eating junk food! I do really well logging food during the day, most days I bring my lunch/snacks, so first thing I do at work is input all the foods I brought for the day. But I don't do a great job once I get home. I don't have the computer right in front of my face in the evenings, so I think that is the reason. I just downloaded the app on my Droid phone last night, hoping this keeps me on track better in the evenings and on the weekends!

If it wasn't one my phone I would be lost and eat like a crazy obsessed person. Mostly because after I workout, I feel like I can eat anything that I want. WRONG!
  • nahgem812
    Options
    8 lbs since January 18th!!! YAY!!!
  • Sebokolik
    Options

Good job! :D
  • alaska11
    Options

That's awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • nahgem812
    Options
    i am feeling kinda of sad today-- I measured myself. Since the last time I measured myself I picked up the following

4 in hips
    3 in waist
    2 in thighs

I know I have lost 8 lbs so far..... but I need to get 13 more off me to weight what I did in college. Didn't realize I picked up those inches.
  • alaska11
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better today. An 8 lb. loss is great! Keep up the good work. Exercise will get those inches off in no time!!