Motivational Running Quotes

Options
taylor0204
taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
Hi everyone,

We all need motivation. Let's post some motivational quotes to give each other inspiration as we continue our training.

Please remember to give proper credit if the quote is not yours.

Replies

• Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    This is such a great idea, Taylor!

I was browsing the internet and came across a few quotes I thought I could share with y'all:

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
    - Steve Prefontaine

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
    -Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder

"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."
    -PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
    - Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
    -John Bingham