RachelSNO

Options
zenJes
zenJes Posts: 198 Member
is anyone else getting random emails from this loon about the ills of crossfit?? sorry wanted to make sure it wasnt only me lol

Replies

• tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just got a message from her. Someone has too much time on her hands.
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    heres an article right back at ya -
    "If you don’t CrossFit, I’m cool with that. If you CrossFit, I’m even happier. But, there are some folks out there obsessed with hating CrossFit and CrossFitters. That’s really funny when you think about it . . . and pathetic.

I don’t care if you drive a Chevy, a Ford, or a Toyota. I don’t care if you smoke or drink a lot — unless your smoke blows my way or your drunken *kitten* gets in my path. You have the right to make what I might think are dumb decisions.

I don’t care if you have bad teeth, a horrible vocabulary, and you like to wear tin foil on your head and private parts. More power to you. Live your life the way you want, right up to the edges of where it affects mine.

I’m too busy serving to get into the business of undermining. Really, who the **** has time for that?

So, let me offer a piece of advice (my own tin foil, I guess), whether you want it or not: If you find yourself getting absolutely red in the face, pulse rising, teeth clenched over what someone ELSE is doing, STOP. Think. Redirect yourself.

The only movement that really matters is the one you are doing now — in the gym or in your life.

You cannot control anyone else — really — no matter how hard you try. But you can control yourself. You can direct your own efforts. You can make a difference. And in doing these things, you can better your life and the lives of those you love.

Work on you. Help those who want and need and will accept your help. Fight where you need to fight and where your efforts can yield results. Drive on past the other battles. Ignore the tin foil. Build. Live. Love. Succeed."

http://crossfitlisbeth.com/2012/02/15/the-only-movement-that-matters-is-the-one-you-are-doing-now/
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    I just got an email from her and replied a short and sweet message back.
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I got one too. Ignore them if you can... people like this need a response to engage them further. Not sure what her motivation is but I agree, she has way too much time on her hands!
  • naturerunner
    Options
    She is blasting the message boards about how bad crossfit is, too much time on her hands. should be hitting the gym instead.
    Luckily we know better about how GREAT CrossFit is!!
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    To Block User, you can click on the sender name in your email inbox and then just click Block User so no more messages will come through.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I got a message from her too... so obnoxious.

"I've read that article already. I researched a lot about paleo when I started it over two years ago and I researched a lot about Crossfit before starting it this year. There is no unbiased opinion out there about it. My box actually has coaches who were personal trainers at other non Crossfit gyms and who have educational backgrounds in physical fitness and nutrition. The two owners have been competing in olympic lifting since the age of 16. I will NEVER make a blanket statement saying that Crossfit is the only way to work out and that every box operates at the highest and safest standards. I know its not true. With Crossfit gaining more and more popularity there are boxes popping up over night and with that I think that the coaching abilities are probably compromised. So please stop making blanker statements that Crossfit is dangerous and too extreme. At a good, well operated CrossFit box you only push yourself as hard as you want to.

As far as Paleo goes, most of the population is somewhat gluten intolerant. I actually feel a hundred times better than when I'm not eating paleo. I'm not hardcore about it. I "cheat" when I want to. I just avoid putting processed foods in my body.... which guess what, that ideology isn't exclusive to paleo. I grew up on a farm with grass fed cattle and a huge garden. I rarely ate processed food during the summer. So I've pretty much been living paleo before it was paleo.

I don't attack any other workout program and make posts boasting that P90X will injure you and no one should do it, its too dangerous. If its not for you, don't do it. If it works for someone else, be happy they found a fitness program they enjoy and leave them alone. There is no right way for everyone. So far Paleo and CrossFit have worked for me, and if it comes to a point they don't, then I'll hopefully find something else to do."
  • snkeller24
    Options
    Start reporting her to the moderators or whoever. I have yet to get anything from her - which is surprising because I've called her out numerous times.

But yeah we've started to just ignore what she says and continue on posting and not engage with her.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Also have folks seen her possible new SN? Health_Gal or something like that...
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Start reporting her to the moderators or whoever. I have yet to get anything from her - which is surprising because I've called her out numerous times.

But yeah we've started to just ignore what she says and continue on posting and not engage with her.

think she is afraid of you :)
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    heres an article right back at ya -
    "If you don’t CrossFit, I’m cool with that. If you CrossFit, I’m even happier. But, there are some folks out there obsessed with hating CrossFit and CrossFitters. That’s really funny when you think about it . . . and pathetic.

I don’t care if you drive a Chevy, a Ford, or a Toyota. I don’t care if you smoke or drink a lot — unless your smoke blows my way or your drunken *kitten* gets in my path. You have the right to make what I might think are dumb decisions.

I don’t care if you have bad teeth, a horrible vocabulary, and you like to wear tin foil on your head and private parts. More power to you. Live your life the way you want, right up to the edges of where it affects mine.

I’m too busy serving to get into the business of undermining. Really, who the **** has time for that?

So, let me offer a piece of advice (my own tin foil, I guess), whether you want it or not: If you find yourself getting absolutely red in the face, pulse rising, teeth clenched over what someone ELSE is doing, STOP. Think. Redirect yourself.

The only movement that really matters is the one you are doing now — in the gym or in your life.

You cannot control anyone else — really — no matter how hard you try. But you can control yourself. You can direct your own efforts. You can make a difference. And in doing these things, you can better your life and the lives of those you love.

Work on you. Help those who want and need and will accept your help. Fight where you need to fight and where your efforts can yield results. Drive on past the other battles. Ignore the tin foil. Build. Live. Love. Succeed."

http://crossfitlisbeth.com/2012/02/15/the-only-movement-that-matters-is-the-one-you-are-doing-now/

EXACTLY!!!
  • LisaCFSF
    Options
    Also have folks seen her possible new SN? Health_Gal or something like that...

Yep, called her out on that earlier... No response...for once.
  • LisaCFSF
    Options

Yeah, I haven't gotten anything either. :smile:
  • LisaCFSF
    Options
    I just got an email from her and replied a short and sweet message back.

Can I guess what it said???!!! :wink:
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes I got one too! I did the same, I sent a short note back telling her that every exercise program has risks, I told her I have a son that plays hockey and one that plays football, should I make them both stop because they are dangerous sports...she never replied to me! I am trying to figure out if Health_Gal and RachealSNO are the same person....it scares me to think there are two of them!
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Yes I got one too! I did the same, I sent a short note back telling her that every exercise program has risks, I told her I have a son that plays hockey and one that plays football, should I make them both stop because they are dangerous sports...she never replied to me! I am trying to figure out if Health_Gal and RachealSNO are the same person....it scares me to think there are two of them!

Funny you say that - because I said the same thing to 'thecrossfitter' the other day! I some post about burpees and as soon as I read the response my hand smacked my head. I couldn't believe it either.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to bump this since it seems Health_Gal is posting actively again...watch out for her trying to get under your skin
  • rla099
    rla099 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What's up with this chick?! I just saw her eariler today. I'm new to the community part of MFP. The whole time I was thinking, "This lady is an idiot!"
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i've had two messages from health_gal....i didn't even read them, as I'd seen her on the boards. DELETE
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Haha she got to me today. I couldn't get over her saying that CrossFit is especially not for women because heaven forbid you could rip open your hands or scrape your pretty little legs. AND that women are not capable of training the same way that men do.

SO STUPID!!!