What week of training are you in for your HM?

Options
linnea213
linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
I Officially started the Hal Higdon Novice 2 HM training program. Week 1...so far so good!

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I start mine next week.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Week 11
  • linnea213
    Options
    Week 11 good for you! Which program are you following?
  • JohnKim2011
    JohnKim2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I start the Run Less Run Faster program on Sunday--10 weeks out until my Half. I've been running 2-3 times/week all winter with Cross Training mixed in on the other days.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Week 11 good for you! Which program are you following?
    runnersworld beginner program
  • JulieWillRun
    Options
    Just finished week one of Novice to HH. Had a great run today.
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 of Hal's Novice 1 program. April 28 is my race date so 10 weeks to go! Good luck all!!
  • davidsm39
    Options
    Just started week 1 of Hal's paln. I love Hal! I've been in what I call a "holding pattern" of 3 miles 3 times a week, but just signed up for Plattsburgh, NY half marathon in April. I need to have a race scheduled to stay motivated!
  • jlo0812
    jlo0812 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my 1st half (1st ever running anything event actually) on April 15th with a training group. Currently we're on week 9 where we did 6 today then will do 5 miles Wednesday & Friday and must incorporate a cross training day. With the longer runs, have you all been able to improve your pace or has it remained relatively stable as you increase mileage?
  • linnea213
    Options
    Looks alot of us are doing the HH and all around week 1 & 2 should be a fun spring ;) I crossed trained today with an old Tae bo cardio blast dvd. Boy did that change things up! scheduled to run T,W,Th 3 miles each and 5 on Saturday. Good Luck this week everyone!
  • ktweldon3
    ktweldon3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wore out my old Taebo DVD last week, so I picked up his newest Cardio DVD this morning. Can't wait to crack it open, but have 6miles planned for tomorrow, rest Friday and 8miles on Saturday. I'm tempted to Cross train with the DVD on Friday since I wasn't able to work out Monday. Worried that my screw up my long run on Saturday. Any thoughts?