OMG I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO sore!!!

Options
Tara4boys
Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
I did S1, W1, B yesterday. I think it was the lunges. My butt and my quads are SCREAMING. Any suggestions? Lower weight. Work through pain tomorrow? Take an extra day of no lifting before I do my next workout?

I started working them on my foam roller (massage thing) but OUCH!

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    i suggest taking Tylenol or Advil 1 hour before lifting. It will take care of the muscle pain.
  • bluesunshine999
    Options
    I hear ya! I can barely walk down stairs right now!! I just got back from doing S1 W1 B right now. I've got a heating pad on my legs. It feels sooo nice. ;)
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat some protein with in an hour after your WO. I have read that helps with DOMS and It seems to help me. I drink a protein shake after just because that is easy for me. Way to go being sore, I look forward to that feeling now silly I know:laugh:
  • bluesunshine999
    Options
    Just drank my shake! Yummy!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Keep foam rolling and carry on with the program. I stretch after workouts and that helps me a lot.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah....Hurts soooo good! I'm another one who looks forward to the soreness...it means ya didn't just piss your time away.

I ALWAYS do really good stretching after. A full-body routine should take no less than 5 full minutes. That foam roller is also a good move. There are mixed opinions on applying heat or ice...I say do whatever makes you feel better!

I agree with the protein shake, too. I read that you need some carbs with it so that the sugars can carry the protein into your muscle fibers. My after-workout snack is a chocolate shake made with light soy, and multi-grain toast with peanut butter. It's my pat on the back!