Does you weight loss come in spurts?

Options
I have gained 2 pounds and am not sure why? I am continuing on induction b/c I have 70 pounds to lose.....not sure why I am gaining and did not have a big lose last week?

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean because my weight wiil stay the same or even show a gain for weeks, but I'm not worried about the number on the scale. I always take my measurements and the inches lost have been very consistant. Which is the most important to me!

Your weight will fluctuate up and down for a varity of reasons. Like a extra salty dish, not drinking enough water, weighing yourself several times a day/week or just about anything else, but just try to be consistant with your weighing and measurements and it should pay off in the long run.

Good luck,
    Anita

PS- I have lost 27.2 lbs pre MFP and since Nov 2011 (when I started MFP) I have only lost 6.4 lbs. But I have lost 21.75"overall since I joined MFP and that makes me a very happy girl!!!!
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Options
    You are so right.....I always get hungup on the scale:) Thanks for the reply.
  • kirby2000
    kirby2000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was up 1 pound this past week, too. But my measurements were down, so I am happy about that. I have a tendency to dwell on the scale, too. I'm trying not to though. I guess just keep doing what we're doing. We'll get there!
  • Alamano
    Alamano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes. Ten pound down, two pounds up. Hold for three weeks. Then five pounds down. And the torture continues. However the desire to succeed this time has (so far) outweighed (pardon the pun) any desire to throw it in this time. Hang in there!

16780675.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I get stuck on weight and inches.. but keep going cause I know when I do lose it feels great.. About half way to my goal
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Most likely water retention. Most of the time your actual change in fat store will only be a small fraction of a pound up or down on a daily basis, but water weight fluctuates enormously.
  • ashue2
    ashue2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am driving myself crazy!!! I have been faithfully lc for the past month and I've had minimal losses. Each day I stay under 20g net carbs, drink at least 80oz of water, and make sure my fiber intake is very close to the mfp recommendation. I do chew 1 piece of sf gum daily but otherwise abstain from artificial sweetners. My husband (I love him but I'm so jealous!) has lost over 15 in the same amount of time while piling on the artificial sweetners and using the same carb calculations on mfp. What am I doing wrong? What can I do better?
  • kirby2000
    kirby2000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! My weight loss is moving very slow too. But I feel really good, so I keep going. Also, I have been told that losing 1 to 2 pounds a week is the way to go. I have added exercise and am hoping that will help move things along. I know it must be difficult watching your husband lose while your loss is less than his. That can be discouraging, but stay strong. It will happen for you!
  • ashue2
    ashue2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Kirby! I haven't given up and you're right, I do feel a lot better!