Fantastic supplement for your thyroid!

Options
I asked my chiropractor about supplements since he is very into holistic whole food nutrition. I told him I was on the armour thyroid and that I was doing good, but was wondering if there was a boost I could get from supplements. He has had adrenal fatigue and thryoid issues in the past himself, so he knew right away what works well.

He suggested Standard Process's Drenamin. http://www.standardprocess.com/display/StandardProcessCatalog.spi?ID=62

It does similar work to armour thyroid, which is great for those of you who are on synthroid and want a boost or other synthetic t4 and want a t3 boost. It says take 3 tablets 3 times a day, since I'm on armour though, my chiro has me taking 2 tablets 3 times a day. I thought the armour worked great, but this in addition, has changed my life. I am feeling so good. I am feeling better than I have since I hit puberty 15 years ago (I think I've had thyroid issues all along, it just finally all hit me hard the last 2 years)

It was $39 for a bottle of 360, but it's totally worth checking out if you guys still feel like your thyroid meds aren't quite getting you where you want to be. He also suggested a good whole food B complex and licorice root tea or tincture.

He is also running an iodine test on me. He put a patch of iodine on my arm and I have to watch how long it takes for my body to totally absorb it. Depending on the time it takes will decide if I need iodine in addition to my other thyroid meds or not. Some people DONT need iodine and it will actually hurt your thyroid to take additional iodine when you don't need it.

Replies

• aprildiamond42
    aprildiamond42 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this! Thanks for the post!
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to look into this.
  • seaglass2
    Options
    Few questions if you don't mind.

How long have you been taking this supplement?

How long have you been taking armour?

Where is the supplement manufactured?

What are the ingredients in the supplement?

Thanks!
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    Few questions if you don't mind.

How long have you been taking this supplement?

How long have you been taking armour?

Where is the supplement manufactured?

What are the ingredients in the supplement?

Thanks!

I've been on the supplement a week.

I've been on the armour about 3 weeks? Maybe closer to 4 now? I don't remember exactly, but there are only a few left in my bottle of 30, so closer to 4 weeks.

It is farmed and manufactured right here in Wisconsin. Their farmland is actually a few miles away from me.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 3 Tablets
    %DV
    Calories 5
    Vitamin C 9 mg 15%
    Riboflavin 1 mg 60%
    Niacin 12 mg 60%
    Vitamin B6 0.3 mg 15%

Three tablets supply approximately: 50 mg bovine adrenal and 40 mg bovine adrenal PMG™ extract.

Proprietary Blend: 730 mg
    Calcium lactate, defatted wheat (germ), bovine liver, bovine adrenal, porcine stomach, nutritional yeast, bovine adrenal PMG™ extract, choline bitartrate, alfalfa extract, dried buckwheat (leaf) juice, buckwheat (seed), magnesium citrate, oat flour, mushroom, bovine bone, para-aminobenzoate, allantoin, porcine brain, veal bone, carrot (root), soybean lecithin, rice (bran), and mixed tocopherols (soy).

Other Ingredients: Honey, cellulose, niacinamide, ascorbic acid, calcium stearate, riboflavin, and pyridoxine hydrochloride.

Here is a link to one of the brochures if you want to read it : http://www.standardprocess.com/display/displayFile.aspx?docid=95&filename=/Public/Lit/TabSheets/drenamin3650.pdf

I don't have anymore information other than what is on the site and what he's told me, but I can always ask him more questions if you're interested.

I do take other standard process supplements, catalyn, congaplex, calcium lactate, allerplex, cranberry complex, and min-chex. I have had wonderful results with all of these supplements. I don't take these all daily though, cranberry complex when I'm having UTI issues, allerplex during the allergy season for me (which is fall) congaplex is only when I have flu like symptoms, and sometimes I start it when my kids have symptoms to get it working. I haven't taken min-chex in a while, but I am thinking about going off my lexapro and getting back on it. I stopped taking it for money reasons, but it really helped with anxiety.
  • seaglass2
    Options
    Thanks for the additional information!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    Also, there are plenty of reviews on amazon and pureformulas that you can read. There are very few with less than 5 stars!
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Having suffered adrenal fatigue, I know what that's like! I'm currently trying to get off the prescription my doc had me on. I will look into the supplement, it looks useful! I am going to check it with my doctor before I take it, but I really appreciate the info! (My doctor is really into homeopathy and natural cures, so I'm sure she'd like the info!)
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    A couple of these ingredients make me a little nervous:

defatted wheat (germ), nutritional yeast, oat flour, soybean lecithin, and mixed tocopherols (soy).
  • ElisetheQ
    ElisetheQ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Would this boost your levels to above normal range, though? I'm on synthroid and when i went for my last blood test, I was sliiiiiightly on the hyper side (which is where I like to be, and is fine with my Doc). Would this push it up into hypercrazyland?
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    A couple of these ingredients make me a little nervous:

defatted wheat (germ), nutritional yeast, oat flour, soybean lecithin, and mixed tocopherols (soy).

Ooo, yuck. Yeast. Can't have it.
    A lot of those ingredients are in many foods. Trust me, I've been reading a lot of ingredient lists lately. The places you find yeast and yeast extract. Geesh! I don't know about the defatted wheat though...