Getting the scale to show you what you want to see, aside fr

Options
How about stepping on very, very slowly... Or standing way at the very front or back of the platform? Or...?

Replies

• HealthyKat24
    HealthyKat24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The keys are:
    1) weigh yourself as soon as you wake up and right after you use the bathroom
    2) Make sure you've had a "bm" within the last 12 hours, but not within the last 2 (sorry if that's tmi)
    3) be completely naked.... no rings, no hair ties, no underwear, if you have time to shave... do that too.
    4) say a prayer, do the sign of the cross, even if you are not Catholic... "google it"
    5) approach the scale with a "namaste" greeting
    6) Hold onto a towel bar or a door handle as you lightly step on the scale
    7) don't breathe
    8) as it starts to register, gently release your grip on the door handle/towel bar
    9) stand perfectly still
    10) wait for it, then, peer down and look at the number

Not satisfied with the outcome? repeat 1-10 as many times as it takes to lose a lb.
  • lcglog
    lcglog Posts: 24
    Options
    Put the scale in a doorway, do the one pull up a week that you will do....until the weight on the scale makes you happy. Avoid stepping directly on the scale on the way back down or don't look at it as you come done, your choice.:laugh:
  • IfICanLoseIt
    IfICanLoseIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The keys are:
    2) Make sure you've had a "bm" within the last 12 hours, but not within the last 2 (sorry if that's tmi)
    3) be completely naked.... no rings, no hair ties, no underwear, if you have time to shave... do that too.
    4) say a prayer, do the sign of the cross, even if you are not Catholic... "google it"
    7) don't breathe
    8) as it starts to register, gently release your grip on the door handle/towel bar
    9) stand perfectly still

Not satisfied with the outcome? repeat 1-10 as many times as it takes to lose a lb.

This is one of the funniest lists I have ever seen - for anything! My wife and I are sitting on the couch laughing... tears running. Incredibly funny! Thanks for that... Calorie count for laughing until falling down?
  • IfICanLoseIt
    Options
    Put the scale in a doorway, do the one pull up a week that you will do....until the weight on the scale makes you happy. Avoid stepping directly on the scale on the way back down or don't look at it as you come done, your choice.:laugh:

I had no idea there would be such amazing responses. In my world there is simply nothing better than a good laugh. Thanks for what you have provided.

Still laughing:bigsmile:
  • bas1955
    bas1955 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I find that stepping on to the scales without glasses both reduces weight, and increases the chances that I will interpret what I do see in the most favorable possible light - Surely that was 213, not 218??
  • stacifahlsing
    stacifahlsing Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't ever step on just out of the shower with wet hair! That adds weight quickly! Always have dry hair!
  • HealthyKat24
    Options
    I find that stepping on to the scales without glasses both reduces weight, and increases the chances that I will interpret what I do see in the most favorable possible light - Surely that was 213, not 218??

I'm blind as a bat without my glasses or contacts so I could just make it my weight up. That's funny, thanks!
  • HealthyKat24
    Options
    Don't ever step on just out of the shower with wet hair! That adds weight quickly! Always have dry hair!

So agreed! Never, not a droplet of water! :smile:
  • HealthyKat24
    Options
    [/quote]

I had no idea there would be such amazing responses. In my world there is simply nothing better than a good laugh. Thanks for what you have provided.

[/quote]

I like your questions! They invoke funny answers!
  • IfICanLoseIt
    Options
    I like your questions! They invoke funny answers!
    [/quote]

Thanks very much - really the stuff being posted here is some of the funniest material I have ever read. Clearly there are some really brilliant people contributing. How great!

j*
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Or... weigh yourself on the carpet! I did that once and got really excited- only for my husband to point out it would be more on hardwood floor. party pooper.
  • IfICanLoseIt
    Options
    Or... weigh yourself on the carpet! I did that once and got really excited- only for my husband to point out it would be more on hardwood floor. party pooper.

:bigsmile: Now there's an idea! I see a scale with a piece of foam rubber cut out to it's exact shape and glued to the bottom. (that way no will know:) I do think you're onto something! :bigsmile:

Love it,

j*
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    HAHA! That is great. Whatever keeps us going right! :)
  • LisaH1231
    LisaH1231 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The keys are:
    7) don't breathe
    9) stand perfectly still

Absolutely love this and I am guilty of following these steps. I am so bad that I weigh myself every morning before I get in the shower.
  • IfICanLoseIt
    Options

Absolutely love this and I am guilty of following these steps. I am so bad that I weigh myself every morning before I get in the shower.

Ah yes, the issue of water in the hair, however as a follicly challenged man I was always more concerned with the weight of any random skin cells clinging to my body, so naturally I would weigh myself after the shower:-)
  • harleigh67
    harleigh67 Posts: 131
    Options
    The keys are:
    7) don't breathe
    9) stand perfectly still

You forgot trim nails and wash off dirt!!
    and take waterpill 24 hours in advance...lol
  • harleigh67
    harleigh67 Posts: 131
    Options

Ok I laugh so hard at this I almost peed my pants....
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well, at TOPS, the scale goes lower if I lean to the right.....oopsie!

At home, it's digital and talks, so no matter how many times I get on, it doesn't change more than a few ounces. DANG it