What to do with clothes that are too big??????

Options
kiwigal111
kiwigal111 Posts: 21 Member
Soooo I've lost a bit of weight so far.... (still a bit more to go), and have loads of clothes that are too big..... so what do I do with them?

Do I get rid of them (pass them on, sell them, op shop them....) so that I will never have them again? (and if I can't fit the ones that I am wearing I have to do something about it straight away.)

Cos if I keep them, am I saying to myself... I had better keep them, so I have something to wear when I put the weight back on???

Any advice?

What have others done???

Replies

• tickletickle
    Options
    gave all nicer stuff to friends and op shop the rest!!!!
  • AngelTwin27
    AngelTwin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are not going to put the weight back on, so get rid of them. :-) If you keep them with that in mind, it will just happen!

You could sell the good stuff on Trade Me and make some money, then give the rest to the Op Shop/Clothing Bin.
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Definitely give them to friends! My mate is LOVING all her new clothes!!!

I just wish I had someone smaller than me losing weight so I could grab their clothes :tongue:
  • kiwigal111
    kiwigal111 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice...

I think I will have to get rid of them......pass them on....sell them.....

No point keeping them...

I was a wee bit sad about some that have memories attached to some them, but a friend said..... "Let it go, cos you will now make new memories with new clothes...."

I think some of me wanting to keep them was because , my wardrobe and drawers are pretty empty now....that's a scarey feeling.

I am not sure when to get rid of them though. My sister suggested that I wait 6 months or a year and have a "not only did I lose weight party, but I have kept it off party and get rid of them then."
  • Kiwibird74
    Options
    If they are 'corporate' clothes you could donate them to Dress for Success... they are a charity who use them for low income women who are looking to rejoin the workforce... can drop off at local drycleaners...

http://www.dressforsuccess.org/
  • annalynne1983
    Options
    Don't keep them! I got rid of everything I grew out of, and from then on, barring pregnancy, I flatly refuse to buy bigger clothes so if I start to grow out of them I HAVE to lose the weight or I won't have anything to wear! It keeps me on track with maintenance. I op-shopped what I couldn't give away.
  • lisajnz
    lisajnz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Somewhere like Womens Refuge is good, or similar. I have a friend who works for a halfway kind of place, I gave a whole lot of my old bigger clothes to her and she said the clients were really appreciative, there were some nice enough for job interviews/starting jobs, and even the casual ones were good as they don't have a lot of money or anything for clothes.
  • JECAREY
    Options
    Just gotta say, this is an awesome predicament to have, isn't it?!
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    Gave my stuff to a charity shop that sells back to the public. I didn't want them lurking in my drawers "just in case" I got that big again. It was my insurance against getting big again. Now, if I feel my size 10 jeans getting a little snug I do something about it. Nicer than not being able to squeeze myself into my old size 14 pants!!!
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i intend to get rid of my bigger clothes, have been meaning to for ages but they are still sitting here. i will probably list a few of the nicer ones on trademe and give the rest away. what is a good way to ask someone if they would like them without offending them in relation to their size?