Your Plan of Attack!

Options
xoxMandyxox
xoxMandyxox Posts: 104 Member
**Reposting this popular topic.***

When it comes to your fitness and nutrition goals, what's the plan?
Discuss what you do for exercise, what your diet is like, and anything
else that is part of your master plan for this year's goals.

Replies

• xoxMandyxox
    Options
    Diet:

I switched to whole grains whenever possible (I usually have regular pasta on the nights we have it), low fat dairies, switched to light soy milk instead of cow skim milk (cuts out an extra 30 calories per serving), plenty of fruits and veggies (raw whenever possible), and I get in plenty of protein everyday.

As far as sweets go, I usually have a bag of Chex Mix Dark Chocolate laying around that I dip into. Or I'll have some Nutella with an apple. But mostly I just opt for the holiday creamers in my coffee. White Chocolate Raspberry, anyone? :wink:

Fitness:

I clean for at least an hour a day every day. I get in a 40-80 minute walk 4 times a week (depending if I have to pick my daughter up from school or not).

Lately, I haven't been doing more than that, but I am trying to get some extra cario by jogging. This morning, I jogged my daughter to school. I took walking breaks, but kept my speed above 2.5-3MPH when I did walk. The 20 minute walk there turned into about 13 minutes.

I plan to do that every morning that I bring her until I don't have to take anymore walking breaks :smile:
  • nettie23
    nettie23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I really dont have a plan for my eating habits that is the part I am struggling with. As for workout I plan to go to the gym 3-4 a week for 1-2 hrs. I will try by best to get up earlier in the morning to work out with DVD, WII for doing a 1 -2 mile run . My problem I dont like to get up so we will see how it work. Today I am going to the GYM for Zumba.
  • xoxMandyxox
    Options
    Net, dieting, for me, is the easy part. I can't get my butt off the couch aside from cleaning :laugh: If you need any ideas or advice for foods and recipes and stuff, just let me know :smile:
  • Diet: working more on portion control vs emphasizing or restricting macronutrients; trying to choose healthy vs empty calories
    Exercise: strength training (using Pamela Peeke's book Strong Women Stay Young); walking; and trying to increase my NEAT--non-exercise activity thermogenesis by doing things like making 5 trips to the printer to pick up a 5 page document; walking the long way anywhere; standing for an hour a day instead of sitting...all activity counts. Since I don't log the NEAT stuff the result is a nicer loss than I anticipated.
  • nettie23
    nettie23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Net, dieting, for me, is the easy part. I can't get my butt off the couch aside from cleaning If you need any ideas or advice for foods and recipes and stuff, just let me know

I would love some new Ideas as I am sick of th same old things :)
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Plan of attack?

1. log, log, log my food daily, and stick to my calorie allowance. No exceptions!
    2. Workout consistently 5-6 days/week with my fitness dvds. Set up weekly rotations, and stick with them.
    3. Drastically cut back on wine, to maybe 1 time per month. I like wine, but know that nothing sabotages ones weightloss like alcohol.

If I do all of the above, I WILL be successful.
  • qthompson
    Options
    Plan of Attack: log everything, work my bum off literally, continue to eat according to my blood type, NO SWEETS OR REFINED SUGARS (kicked this addiction 3 months ago :happy: ) continue to cook at home instead of going out to fast food (3 months strong) NO FRIED FOODS, TRY TO EAT AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE!
  • dreamz48
    dreamz48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Diet: Smoothie for breakfast, something good and somewhat not health for lunch, and steamed veggies, steamed brown rice, and steamed talapia for dinner. I don't eat that bad normally, we eat alot of veggies and fruit so diet is not too big of an issue. At work is a different story.
    Workout: Do 30DS every morning before work, treadmill and ripped in 30 after work. Get more sleep. and on weekend get active with my kids, either hiking or just running around playing tag.
    Log everything!!!
  • veronica_dav
    Options
    I am following the 17 Diet plan right now. It has three phases. I'm in phase 2. I'm getting a little bored with it, but it is a good plan to follow. Lots of probiotics, clean proteins, fruits and veggies, and green tea. I alternate low calorie days with higher calorie days by adding in two servings of whole grain carbs like oatmeal, cream of wheat or sweet potatoes and things like that. No fruit or carbs after 2:00 PM. I lost right away, but results are slowing down right now. I am tracking everything into MFP, so I can see my calorie intake. For cardio, I am walking 30 minutes on the treadmill at about 3.2 MPH. I like to increase the intensity by walking uphill. I will do this in intervals/recovery time. I also like to do Just Dance 3 with my kids. It's a pretty good workout. Certainly gets your heart pumping. :smile:
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My overall goal is to be a role model for healthy eating and body image for my 2 kids - one of whom is a tween girl. For 2012, I am getting back on the saddle with half marathon training and have signed myself up for a 10 miler in April, a half marathon in May, and a half marathon in October. I feel so strong and proud of what my old and sometimes broken body can do as I cross a finish line! :wink:

For nutrition, I am trying to migrate my family to the "if it doesn't have a mother or didn't come out of the ground, don't' eat it? a la Jillian Michaels. It doesn't always work out, but it's a work in progress! And, so am I !!!!