Introduce Yourself

Options
TerryPT
TerryPT Posts: 94 Member
I'm Terry. I'm a mobile Personal Trainer, bringing exercise to peoples homes, gardens or local parks.

I love to help people improve their health by raising their fitness levels and eating healthier.

A lot of my clients use MyFitnessPal and I want to bring local members together in this group to build some community spirit.

Please introduce yourself here and then participate in any discussions. Any health related discussion is welcome although complaints about how many press-ups/dips/squats your trainer makes you do will be frowned upon! :smile:

Feel free to ask me anything about food or exercise and I'll be happy to help. Don't forget to add each other as friends or send friend requests to any of my MFP friends.

Replies

• TaoJay
    Options
    Nice one Terry, youv'e got the ball rolling.

Well I'll nudge it on a little more........

I'm Jay,

A Demon Badminton player, with deadly Tai-Chi skills!

I'm also looking to get back into shape after being lazy for a few years, hopefully with a little help from my friends i'll manage it!

If I can be of any help to anyone here, all you need to do is ask!

Next......
  • Notfatand30
    Notfatand30 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Vic!

I'm a coffee/wine/Friday night takeaway addict...oh not that kind of group?! lol

I try to eat healthy and drink plenty of water, but I'm full of excuses!! I'm trying to change this and since joining this site in September I finally fell off the 'diet' wagon and right into a healthy way of thinking - not that I always follow that thought process...but I'm here for the long haul not a quick fix :D
  • Lynsey75Williams
    Lynsey75Williams Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lynsey,

Compulsive Yo yo-er from Chafford Hundred. Put on 3 stone having my last baby. Lost 2 so far. Rediscovering exercise. Hoping to get in reasonable shape for the summer.
  • 1deeds
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Sandy, I'm 40 and have 2 children.

Since turning forty last November, I've decided I don't want to spend the rest of my life complaining about how fat I am....so no more excuses...healthy eating and excercise here I come.

Here's to a fitter, slimmer and healthier 2012
  • emmylou32
    emmylou32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Emma :laugh:

i'm 39 and a mum to 3 boys. I live n South Ockendon.

I have just started (in the last year) noticing my weight slowly creeping upwards.. Think its an age thing :cry:

I'm currently "Clean eating" not including drinks lol.... For those who've not heard of this - basically you cut out gluten, fat, carbs, dairy, caffeine, and sugar... It sounds hard going but meal wise easy enough to follow.

I'd love to try Boot Camp but don't have the time or money unfortunately.. also being a non driver it'd have to be really local. (Don't ask for much do I)

I only have around 11lb to lose if I'm honest but have been "cheating" too often lately..:sad:
  • stephenbranch
    Options
    Hello all.

I'm Steve and I'm 35. I live in Ongar with my wife Sarah, little boy Callum and baby number 2 on the way. I work between Dunton & Dagenham, and I've been using MFP since a colleague introduced it to me just before Christmas. I mainly use the iPhone app as I'm a bit of a gadget addict. :happy:

I love good food and a beer with my mates :drinker: so I'm trying to find a happy balance with the help of heathy eating and exercise. I've managed to gradually shift some timber over the past few months but it's starting to level out. I hope that joining a group of like minded locals might provide a little kick start to the process. :smile:
  • gaveitallupmike
    Options
    My name is Michael 35 and living in Chafford Hundred. 5 ft 11 3 months ago was 14 st 7 lb now 12 st 6lb. Given up smoking, kebabs, bread and drinking during week. Mentaly feel like a boring sod but health wise feel great.
  • Caitlin151
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Caitlin and I seem to be a young one as I am only 19years old and in second year of University XD..
    I am not particularly overweight or anything, just a little unhappy with my body and just woke up one day in summer and ending up joining the gym :).. Was going to the gym every day for the whole period of the Olympics and Paralympics.. I had lost 4lbs in fat and gained just over 2lbs in muscle..

Now at Uni I do the 30 Day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels which has definitely kept my fitness going whilst the gym near Uni is getting refurbished, along with Terry's 500/1000 sit-up challenge I have managed to get a 2 pac, a bit more definition in my arms..

I know I still have a long way to go until I am happy and need strength to avoid set backs like the typical student nights out drinking and take-aways haha.. Done very well so far, with my salmon dinners and kale smoothies!

For everyone out there, set yourself a goal and instead of a treat of a chocolate bar treat yourself to an item of clothing/shopping trip as you burn as you walk and shop too! :).. I have found some clothes which are a size too small now but my aim is to fit and feel comfortable in them, when I am I'm going to buy myself some better gym gear :)

Good Luck Everyone and Hello! :D xx
  • frannooooo
    frannooooo Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm Fran, I'm 26 and I'm trying desperately to lose my university weight!! I was a competitive swimmer pre-uni and then I put on a massive four stone! After losing two stone a couple of years ago on the WW diet, I have hit some sort of plateau and I'm looking for extra drive to push through!

I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and not seeing any difference in my weight, but I'm definitely not as bloated and starting to tone, which is nice!

I'm based in Brentwood and work in Hornchurch with a baby swimming company - and I'd love to look better in my swimming stuff when I'm teaching!

Feel free to add me; I'm always looking for more friends on this to help motivate me - and hopefully, I can motivate you right back! x