Level 3

Options
level people this is for you

Replies

• abrooks428
    abrooks428 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did level 3 for the first time last night and I feel like it's where all the shredding happens! I didn't feel like it was a good ab workout though.
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Starting Level 3 tonight. Anyone else doing this level??
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started level three this morning! What a workout!
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    did level 3 last night - the jumps are what kicks my butt!
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 a few days ago. Did take one day offf because of a sore shoulder. Back at it today. I must say I do find all the jumping a bit difficult. Slow and steady wins the race so I will do it but just not in a row and it might take longer than 10 days of doing it to accomplish it!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I graduated tonight to level 3!! And must say I enjoyed it more than level 2!!

I did the girlie push ups and planks but kept everthing super tight to ensure they were most effective.

I add some extra stretches after including reaching to the ground (touching toes stance) and relaxing in that to stretch my lower back (learnt at belly dancing) and DD1 had a fit of the giggles as I stood up as I had a head rush and nearly fell over! Ironic to make it to level 3 feeling good only to lose it at th end! lol Great work out. 9 days and I'm done.. have added in P90X2 yesterday but plan on putting this in a few times this week as a 'trial' and then doing 30 DS the rest of the time.
    Anyone else do this? or something similar?
  • lizbet783
    Options
    First day of level 3 was last night and I like it sooo much more than level 2. My legs are definitely getting more of a workout in this level, but overall I like it! Excited to see what the end result will be on day 30! Only 9 days to go!!

What workouts is everyone else planning on doing after you complete the 30 day shred?!
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What exercises are in Level 3? I am on Day 3 of Level 2 at the moment
  • lizbet783
    Options

Level 3 is a lot more legs than upper body...that's my opinion anyway. I like it a lot more than level 2, but it will still kicks my butt. I feel like it takes a lot of the basics from level 1 and 2 but just adds more intensity to them. Overall it's a good workout. Tonight will be day 3 for me. (some of the hardest moves are the squat jumps, rockstar jumps and supermans...for me anyway)
  • Stephie_J
    Options

Level 3 is a lot more legs than upper body...that's my opinion anyway. I like it a lot more than level 2, but it will still kicks my butt. I feel like it takes a lot of the basics from level 1 and 2 but just adds more intensity to them. Overall it's a good workout. Tonight will be day 3 for me. (some of the hardest moves are the squat jumps, rockstar jumps and supermans...for me anyway)

I have had to do squat jumps before on my Wii Your Shape and am also not a fan!

Thanks for the info :)
  • sallunia
    sallunia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started Level 3 this morning. It is tough with all those squats and jumping - more poor thighs are so sore. But I think Level 2 overall is much tougher and a better workout - just my opinion!

Anyway, I love, love, love this workout dvd! Its awesome!
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Starting level 3 this afternoon! Will let you all know how it goes! :)
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just did level 3, day 2 this morning! Man, all the jumping is crazy. I find though that this level isn't nearly as intense as level 2... then again, I can't do the full on planks or push-ups, but still doing the modified versions of those moves is still tough. Happy working out!
  • qnbeezzz
    qnbeezzz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I actually get to start Level 3 in a few minutes! I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. I previewed the level the other day and I'm excited to take it on. (I still can't believe I actually look forward to exercising!) I don't care for doing all that jumping, but I know it is supposed to somehow boost metabolism, so bring it! I have recently added doing 3 circuits a day (6 minutes each circuit) from Jillian's No Trouble Zones dvd. She is a lot less demanding, and so far I am really liking it. It is broken down in a way that you can choose which areas you feel you need to work on. After the 30DS I will probably add more circuits.

15709761.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oh man... I just did day 3 of level 3... I'm really starting to feel it now! Man, level 3 *seems* somewhat easier than level 2, but the afterburn is so much more intense! And that's with me doing most of the modified planks and push-ups because I am still a weakling. I hope everyone else is enjoying level 3!
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did Level 3 Day 1 this morning. All I can say is WOW!!!! What a workout!! Think I might be a tad sore tomorrow morning!!

Only another 9 to go!!! :smile:
  • Stephie_J
    Options
    I prefer Level 3 to Level 2 even though its harder work on my legs!
  • meesh109
    Options
    Wasn't as sore as I expected to be this morning! I knew I'd done a work out tho!!

Day 2 done, just doing girlie push-ups, but might try the proper ones tomorrow!
  • nycalison
    nycalison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Started level 3 today- I spent so much time trying to figure out how exactly to do the moves that I think I only got half a workout, but tomorrow its on lol I have no coordination at all so at some points I couldnt figure out exactly how to position myself, I guess at level 3 Jillian is assuming that she doesn't have to point out as much?
  • meesh109
    Options
    Did Level 3 Day 6 this morning! I did all but 1 of the full on travelling push-ups, I'm well happy!!! I could only do about 5 girlie ones when I started out on the Shred!!!

Does anyone use a HRM when doing the Shred? What kind of results do you get?

I've been logging it as 20 minutes Circuit training, general, which comes up as 163 calories burned. I bought a HRM yesterday and used it for the first time this morning. It said that I had burned 291 calories!!!