Drop by and Say Hello!

13»

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Hello from Sandy in California. I volunteer at my kids school and am a practicing autididact / self-learner. I read Eating Clean a while back. I am looking forward to learning from the practice of clean eating (baby steps) and from the experiences of others.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    I'm Nico and I'm a musician among other things. I've been attempting to eat clean for many years but I feel like I'm only just now starting to really get it right. Best wishes!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Sonya from Myrtle Beach, SC. I'm Certified Nurse Midwife, and I am slowly cleaning up my and my family's diet! We have started green smoothies and some juicing. I used to be vegetarian, but while in grad school as a single mom, I began to depend on fast food more and more. I am back to very rarely having fast food and we are eating more and more vegetables and simple homemade meals. So glad to find this group to learn from. Clean eating is definitely what I would like to move towards.
  • sudhama1447
    sudhama1447 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi all,
    Myself -- Sudama. I currently live near Canton, Ohio. I bumped into this forum while browsing different groups....

Am eager to know what this group is all about and hopefully it helps me with my weight loss.
    Great to see all of you here !....

Good luck with your goals ! ;):D
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Hi! My name is Jessie and I live in Norwich, New York. I am a branch manager at a Community Bank. I am married with a beautiful daughter named Elise! My sister has been clean eating for awhile and highly recommended it to me. I have been struggling with infertility for 15 months now and decided that getting my body in order and reaching my optimal health nutritionally is a component that may be missing for me. While I feel that I was eating healthily and restricting my calories, I was still putting a lot of chemicals in my body and am highly addicted to sugar. I am just starting to eat clean, so I'm still figuring things out, but I'm excited to know the feeling of having a clean body!! I'm really hoping that it will aide in my fertility, and help with my PCOS, but I'm also looking forward to a new lifestyle that will set a good example for my family and daughter!

Here's to clean eating!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Hi Everyone, my name is Leslie. I live in MD, am a single mom to two teenage daughters. I've been hearing about clean eating on the site, I figured I'd check it out. A lot of stuff I had already been doing. So my task is bread and pasta. Trying to lose fat and build muscle, this seems like the way to go.
  • Hello Everybody!
    I am so excited to join this group! I had posted a topic about clean eating and this group was suggested to me. My new year's resolution was to cut out processed foods this year. The "be on a diet" resolution has obviously not been working, year after year after year. So, I've been working very hard this year in cutting out the junk. My blood pressure was starting to rise (although not bad yet) and I have a looooooong family history of heart disease. Time to nip this in the bud before it's too late! I don't eat very much meat and I'm slowly working on cutting back the dairy. I was raised by a vegetarian, so I definitely love my fruits, veggies, and alternative sources of protein besides a hunk of meat. Looking forward to sharing recipes and ideas!
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Hi, pleased I found this group. I eventually decided filling my body with loads of chemicals couldn't be doing it any good so decided to eat as much unprocessed food as possible. This was at the same time I joined MFP. All I can say is it's been unbelievable. I've never been one for veg or "rabbit food", but I'm totally enjoying it, even looking forward to my new food! I always seem to be full, and my energy levels are more consistent than they were.
    But an unexpected bonus is that a persistent cough I've had for at least 15 years has almost gone. And that's only within 2 weeks, so I can only imagine what's been going on inside me!

Sorry for going on a bit, but I'm still excited about these changes. My food diary is open so anyone with any feed back, let me know!
    Before you all rush though, you need to consider I drive a truck so cooking and preparing meals isn't the easiest thing!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Hi, pleased I found this group. I eventually decided filling my body with loads of chemicals couldn't be doing it any good so decided to eat as much unprocessed food as possible. This was at the same time I joined MFP. All I can say is it's been unbelievable. I've never been one for veg or "rabbit food", but I'm totally enjoying it, even looking forward to my new food! I always seem to be full, and my energy levels are more consistent than they were.
    But an unexpected bonus is that a persistent cough I've had for at least 15 years has almost gone. And that's only within 2 weeks, so I can only imagine what's been going on inside me!

Sorry for going on a bit, but I'm still excited about these changes. My food diary is open so anyone with any feed back, let me know!
    Before you all rush though, you need to consider I drive a truck so cooking and preparing meals isn't the easiest thing!

That's awesome! We are really doing well by our bodies with the positive changes we make in our diet! I am realizing it more and more!
  • Hello Everyone!

Drop by and say hello! Where are you from? What do you do for a living? How did you stumble upon Clean Eating?

My name is Susan and I'm a full time homemaker from West Texas. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 34 years and counting. I was underweight until my mid-30's. The last few years of my forties were one major life change after another including a hysterectomy, the death of both my parents and a major move. I felt a bit like Rip Van Winkle just waking up. You can sure pack on the pounds during stressful times!

I began my MFP journey in mid-February of 2009, and lost 44 pounds, but it took me 16 months to do it. All this time I THOUGHT I was eating healthy but I was using lots of artificial sweeteners and "diet" foods. I gradually returned to old habits and regained 20 of those pounds in a 6 month period.

Then I began eating clean in January of this year after reading Jillian Michael's book "Master Your Metabolism". Its amazing how getting all the artificial and refined food out of my system has improved my mental clarity and overall health. The desire to binge on sweets has gone! I lost 10 lbs the first 2 weeks :happy: I eat every 3-4 hours and make everything from scratch. The standing joke around our house now is what kind of beans will I fix today.
  • Hi! I'm 32 female five-foot-two that lives in Shanghai, China. I joined MFP because I need the support and sharing of fitness goals and food diary.

I joined clean living because I was brought up eating healthy and clean. Little oil in food. However, I started getting rebellious and wanted to try out other foods with zero guilt like soda, greasy take out, gourmet foods that is heavy in butter. Then, health started happening. I started having zero time for gym because of work, I cannot balance a healthy lifestyle with my social life. The real push came when I stood on the scale at 62kg, the heaviest I had ever been and having a neck excema that wouldn't go away in 2 years (tried cortisone cream and nothing worked).

I also met a great guy with whom I feel I can balance a relationship and a healthy lifestyle, he is also wanting all this. And that gave me the encouragement to join his gym and also hit my fitness goal. BUT, with that said, dating also means eating. Now that we are more stable with plans to move with each other in the near future, I think we can and I can maintain a clean eating home.

Would love to know recipes, what is healthy to eat outside. I realized I hate processed food but I still keep my special K as part of my food routine. If I can, I would make my own breads and I realized that I am enjoy cooking....I really do! I hope this group can spark my inspiration that will turn into motivation for my honey, provide us the support for clean living and I might go back to my old weight and my good health.

Oh yes, and it does kinda suck that most Chinese food is so high in calories and what makes it worse is, its hard to get anything healthy that fits into my work lifestyle. I stopped going to group lunches already and make it a point to either bring my own lunch or order from this meditteranean/israeli restaurant that provides pretty healthy and filing options!

Lovely to meet you guys!!!
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Hi, I am 53 years old from NC. I have been on a weight loss journey for about the 4th time (gained it all back 3 times). I decided to join a gym to try to develop a way to keeping the weight off, and the person I met with suggested I start weight training to build muscle. My trainer suggested this website, and I have been scouring it for suggestions on eating. I also read Jillian Michaels metabolism book, and was horrified at what processed foods, growth hormones in meat and dairy, and artificial sweeteners do to our bodies. I have already vastly improved my diet with things such as Greek yogurt, lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats, etc. but have not started really eating clean yet. I will have to go very slowly, for budget sake and time sake (it takes longer to fix things from scratch). I thought I would start with organic milk, cereal, whatever organic fruits and vegetables I can find at Kroger,organic Greek yogurt and possibly Perdue chicken (it's all natural, isnt it?). Any other suggestions of easy things to start with?
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Hello Everyone!

Drop by and say hello! Where are you from? What do you do for a living? How did you stumble upon Clean Eating?

Hi,
    Just started strictly eating clean two days ago and I feel good! Tried it before a long time ago, and went back to my old habits. I plan on sticking with it for good this time. I will do this! I stumbled on clean eating after seeing, buying, and reading the Eat Clean book by Tosca Reno. I love the fact I eat throughout the day as I am never hungry. Love that feeling! I live in MO. and work for a health insurance company. I didn't realize there were groups out there, and so happy to have found an eat clean group! Glad to be here:smile:
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Hi everyone!

I just started eating clean about 3 weeks ago. I am very interested in learning as much as I can about it and finding new recipes. Question: Did anyone have any issues transitioning into this way of eating? I have been having frequent stomachaches eating this way and I am trying to figure out why. Thanks for any suggestions that you have :)

Being bloated and gassy when getting into this type of diet (per Tosca Reno) will happen and is normal. It will disapte after a while. Good thing right? I'm the same way....
  • im from glasgow (scotland :-)), i work as a nurse, and i found out about clean eating through MFP and i start tomorrow x
  • Just joined this group now. Kept on reading about clean eating in people's post on the forum so decided to check it out. Hope I can live up to expectation :smile:

I eat mixed vegetables from a tin and I also regularly buy tinned pineapples. I guess these 2 are banned??
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Well... I actually found the idea of clean eating before I started trying to lose weight.... which in a strange sense, makes this journey easier.
    Over the years I gained an increasing awareness of the problems with the way our country eats, and slowly started switching to more whole foods, then the dirty dozen organic. I still don't eat COMPLETELY clean (I hear the siren call of convenience organic foods sometimes... or Luna bars, plus we eat out quite a bit. I also have a love of soft serve frozen yogurt, which has many mystery ingredients). While my and my husband's diet was healthier, I love cheese, make homemade bread and desserts... all of which are calorie bombs. So, now I am trying to watch what I eat, while still eating real food... novel though, huh?
    All of my previous attempts at weight loss have relied heavily on non-foods in the form of snackwells and fat free everything.
    I would love to have some friends who eat the same way! Maybe Some of you could even inspire me to eliminate some of the lingering not so clean things in my diet.