Seasonal Allergies and Back Pain

Options
MaraDiaz
MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
Anyone have seasonal allergies and notice fluctuations in back pain? My doctor looked at my like I'd rambled off on a JFK assassination conspiracy theory when I mentioned it, but I swear, as soon as the pollen count and ground level ozone go up I start having issues. During the Winter unless I do something foolish I have an almost normal spine.

Am I completely bonkers?

Replies

• MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're foolish- if that is what you feel then that is what you feel! Do you think your back hurts from sneezing? Mine can go out on me sometimes from sneezing- puts too much sudden pressure on my bad discs. Is your back pain sharp or dull and achy (or both)? Also, make sure you take all things into account- are you going outside more and walking on uneven ground or more activity as it gets warmer out and pollen count goes up coincidentally? I know allergies can cause swelling, but I've never heard of it causing swelling in the back- however thats not to say it doesn't happen especially if you have really bad allergies!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't sneeze much when I have allergies. Just red eyes and a head full of snot, plus the feeling of having been run over by a truck. You got me thinking about secondary causes though. Since I feel so terrible, I don't want to move around much. Which means I'm sitting in a chair much of the time, and that uninterrupted sitting might be the cause.