Lent

Options
is anyone out there giving anything up for lent i have a passion for chocolate and even when dieting i still eat it sometimes giving up food for it so im going to try for the next 40 days and 40 nights not to let any pass my lips which doesnt help when today my boss has brought in a tin of unwanted chocolate sweets from home he wanted to get rid off but im going to really give this a try :happy:

Replies

• kirstypoos
    kirstypoos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Work is the worst place for weightloss! Every week it's someone's birthday and they bring in biscuits, cake, chocolates... It's all
    Too tempting!
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up refined sugar...... argh!!!! Have been thinking about giving it a try for a while now and Lent seems like the perfect opportunity. Just need to make sure I plan ahead. Going to hide all the sugary things in my kitchen today!!
  • rachealb1972
    Options
    your so right and its if my boss likes the idea of feeding me up i have grapes on my desk today
  • MJTJ
    MJTJ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm only drinking water for Lent - raising money for Water Aid, through what I save and through sponsorship.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have given up sweets for lent so no more chocolate, marshmallows or anything like that till Easter Sunday!
  • DanL66712
    Options
    I don't tend to give stuff up, rather aim to do something every day for forty days. This year I am reading the Qu'ran and the Bhagvad Gita. I did the whole of the bible last year. That was arduous to say the least. The Qu'ran will be worse. There isn't any structure to that...
  • rachealb1972
    Options
    let me know how you get on i really wanted one earlier but have resisted so far
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to give stuff up, rather aim to do something every day for forty days. This year I am reading the Qu'ran and the Bhagvad Gita. I did the whole of the bible last year. That was arduous to say the least. The Qu'ran will be worse. There isn't any structure to that...

That is such a good idea. Good luck..!!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up alcohol and taking up 30 day shred & running! :) Swapping something bad for me for something healthy! (Which I plan to carry on after!) :)
  • jamesblood13
    jamesblood13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Giving up alcohol. It's going to be very difficult for me, especially as I'm a student....who likes to drink a lot.
  • RatRace675
    RatRace675 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting from 8.30pm to 8.30am. I have always been a bit of a night owl any time between 10pm and midnight I often have a big bowl of cereal, or toast, biscuits etc. It's amazing how much extra will power Lent gives you.
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've given up alcohol (well Hubby has and thought it would just be mean to drink in front of him) and sliced bread, in the hope I'll find soe ore interesting breakfast and lunch ideas instead of toast or butties.
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    Alcohol and Sweets, not that I have a sweet too, but do like chocolate truffles and red wine, but is no sacrifice when we think why we do it.
  • paulbryant4369
    Options
    alcohol
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Biscuits. I could live on biscuits.
  • modine43
    modine43 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    TAKEAWAYS
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • samdancer86
    samdancer86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i gave up Chips for lent, which is really hard as I work in a residential unit for children with learning difficulties, and chips is ALWAYS on the menu. Food in general is on the unhealthy side as the guys are picky eaters, but whenever I cook I do my very best.
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    going to give up white bread for lent sounds like a small thing but really need to do something to help my weight loss as i've had a flair up of my Osteoarthritis and it's not funny. Going to go for it big time and cut out as much refined foods as possible going to be superfit for the summer.
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm not a christian but I think I will probably give up bungee jumping and extreme ironing.