Weekend Plan of Attack Feb 17-19

Options
getfitdiva
getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
Hi WAG members. We are 71 strong so far! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this issue. I have a kid party on Sunday @ McDonalds so that's not too difficult. I also have a friend's 35th birthday - help me now!!! I plan to act like it's a work day and pre-plan all my meals ending w/ a high protein/nutrient rich dinner (more cooking!). Also getting in a great burn Friday & Saturday. I will also weigh-in on Monday no matter what to leave myself more accountability.

All the holidays are OVER!!! Time to tighten up. :bigsmile:

How will you conquer this weekend coming?
Do you foresee some obstacles in your way?

Replies

• Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My weekend obstacles are many! Heading to the beautiful Napa Valley for 4 days. WAY too much good food and wine will be available. This will surely be quite a test for me. I did check to see if they had a Gold's Gym near but no such luck. I'll just have to improvise and partake in some beautiful salads with dressing on the side.
    Arggh!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    This weekend obstacles are mainly Saturday! It will be my break day from Ripped in 30. I dont think i'll be allowing a cheat day if i can help it. Just a day off will be enough. I will still try to eat clean as possible.

I DO plan on making breakfast for my dad though, so i will just try my best to watch my portions and then get back to my IF the following day.
  • Ness8411
    Options
    I have a one-y.o Birthday party to go to on Saturday.
    Sunday -> boredom at the house might make me eat.
    Monday (Holiday) - Everyone will be home ( I might make chili as a new meal and enjoy that).

I think i'm not going to weigh my self from Friday ---Tuesday (that way I won't know if I've lost weigh and won't be tempted to eat CAKE at the party)
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Tonight we are finishing work early to have drinks and pizza - so treating it as an early dinner and not going to have dinner rather than treating it like an afternoon snack and have dinner as well like I normally would. Also going to try just have one or two slices. I had a healthy breakfast and lunch so hopefully this one naughty food wont ruin my day.

Tomorrow I am busy all day so shouldnt be too hard to distract myself from the mindless eating. I'll plan a healthy breakfast and lunch, but will be going out for tea for my Nana's birthday - so will just try order something healthy and skip dessert for a peppermint tea.

Sunday will most likely be the issue because I haven't got much planned. Will try get in as much exercise as I can - cos I haven't done a lot this week - and maybe try catch up with a few friends so that I dont end up staring into the fridge.... Also have an xbox game (I know, not very exercisey and a bit geeky) that I'm getting into quite a lot that has to go back on Monday so perhaps I'll be able to get lost in that as well as the book I'm reading at the moment and that will stop me from snacking.

Wish me luck!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My weekends are hard because my husband doesn't do the diet on the weekends. I'm trying to just eat smaller portions of whatever we are having but that doesn't always work. I know we are going to Outback tomorrow so I'm going to have a great workout in the morning...maybe Turbo Fire 45 and start Level 3 of 30 Day Shred if I'm not too wiped out from TF. We are also like old people and like to beat the Saturday night supper crowd. We'll probably eat supper around 5ish so that means I'll eat a late breakfast, a small snack and then have my steak.
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    Great way to think ahead for everybody! Agefyter - your weekend sounds like a lot of fun!! Enjoy! I would definitely eat salads and spend more calories on the wine!!

I can't afford a bad weekend - I've had a bad week (stress eating) so I'll have to really watch what I'm eating this weekend. We have our 3 year old grandson this weekend and I will be chasing after him so that should help with the exercise. It is supposed to rain so that doesn't help with the outside exercise and being able to chase him around at the park. I'll just have to plan carefully and keep him (and myself) busy and out of the kitchen!

Have a successful weekend everyone!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    This weekend is gonna be tough for me because I have a 4 day weekend. Those are never good. I find myself digging a hole as we speak. Not a good breakfast this morning (but I had a great time with my daughter). I hope my Saturday will be ok but sundays are my worst I think. Since monday is a normal work day I will try to eat like I would at work. Hope you all have a great weekend. Together we will get through this :)
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I dont have anything to get in my way ThIS weekend. Trying to hit the gym to hit the gym so i have a wkend burn plus I aready made slow cooker chili and plan to make homemade chicken salad. I love tuna and chicen salad. If I want a sweet treat I will make it myself.
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options
    Now I'm fighting another battle TOM... Help!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've already lost the battle this weekend and its only Friday night. :(
  • kjm827
    kjm827 Posts: 12
    Options
    I started the weekend badly yesterday too. Fridays are my "off" day from the gym. For some reason, the days that I don't exercise are harder to not eat too much than the days I do. So not only did I eat too much, I did not exercise either. I will put tomorrow behind and do as well as I can today. GO WAG-ers!!!!!!!!
  • snakesandladders2
    snakesandladders2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We have friends coming over so I will be making a lemon tarte and OH is making a rich stew...

It's also cold, wet and windy and I do NOT feel like going for a run, but I need the burn. It's making me a bit grumpy actually so I think I'm going to go get it over with. Off I trot!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Got my workout in and have planned to day for food. I really want a baked potato for supper with my steak but my want for a bloomin onion is greater.
  • snakesandladders2
    snakesandladders2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was good yesterday! Went for a run and didn't have much of the cake I made. Another good day today, I hope...although my workout buddy cancelled on me for our scheduled swim, and as I am not a member, I can't go without her! Blast!
  • TiffanyW1014
    Options
    Well I made it through the weekend. Not the best but def not the worst. I only gained like 2 pounds since Thursday which is huge since I can and have put on 6+. Hope you all had a great weekend :)
  • AllDayMzAmberJ
    AllDayMzAmberJ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Weekend is over, and I sucked! LOL Maybe this upcoming weekend will be better
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Hi guys we are such a large group trying to see how we can motivate each other individually is a challenge in itself! I didn't do great last weekend (yes the creator of this group LOL). Eating out a lot but I did get in some great burns. I will attack this weekend coming focusing on CLEAN EATING!!! I will post another Weekend Plan of attack tomorrow for Feb. 23-25th. LETS DO IT!