Breakfast Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Just saw this and it sounds yummy. Gonna have to try it since I do like cottage cheese. Now if only I could find one that is low sodium!
    [/quote]

Maybe by rinsing the cottage cheese you will cut the sodium down. And with the juicy salsa added, it will still be palatable. :smile:
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Some more ideas:
    Have dinner! Being low carb(and specifically atkins), you can eat a steak for breakfast if you want :)
    Breakfast quiches(recipe is also on my website:(http://blog.pittsburgh-diet-guru.com. I promise I'm not plugging it on purpose! Just easier to point you there for the recipies. lol)
    Shakes, and/or bars. One thing I love to do is take half a vanilla or mocha atkins shake and pour it into some coffee. Make my own latte!

These are great ideas! Make the quiches in muffin tins and pop 'em out and freeze for quick access. Sometimes I have broiled chicken in the a.m. with an EAS AdvantEdge protein shake (17 gr. protein) or MyoPlex EAS Carb Control Shake (25 gr. protein). Another idea, buy a rotisserie chicken in the supermarket. I weigh it out separate into baggies for convenience. Another thing I've been doing is putting Chia seeds in my coffee. As they soak, they swell which keeps you feeling fuller longer. They can be mixed in yogurt, oatmeal, or virtually any food. Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants and rich in Omega 3 & 6 and have many, many health benefits.
  • olubukola
    Options
    I got tired of the bacon and eggs pretty quickly. I got this recipe for protein pancakes from a bodybuilding website, its just 2 scoops protein powder, 1 egg white (I use the whole egg tho) and water to mix. I usually eat it with a little Splends sprinkled on top. Maybe its an acquired taste but it satisfies my sweet tooth. 1.4g carbs.
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I got tired of the bacon and eggs pretty quickly. I got this recipe for protein pancakes from a bodybuilding website, its just 2 scoops protein powder, 1 egg white (I use the whole egg tho) and water to mix. I usually eat it with a little Splends sprinkled on top. Maybe its an acquired taste but it satisfies my sweet tooth. 1.4g carbs.

Will have to try this!!
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    OM Gosh! What a very cool idea to put the Davinci syrup on pancakes! Awesome tip! I'm enjoying this thread, because I like most low carbers are starting to get a little burned out on eggs after a year of low carbing. Keep the great ideas coming!
  • kirby2000
    kirby2000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tried the plain greek yogurt sprinkled with crystal light and it was really good. Nice to add variety to breakfast! Thanks for the idea!