CrossFit Games

Options
Shizzman
Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
Anyone thinking of doing the Open? I'm thinking of possibly creating a group for it...or we could do it through here...

Replies

• MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Our box lets anyone try out the open WOD's, then they compile the scores and take the top 5 men and top 5 females to the regionals.. or whatever is next. I don't even know, haha. But yeah. I'll be giving them a try - I don't know if I'll make the top 5, but I'll try!
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We are all going to be doing the workouts and anybody who wants to submit their scores can, but since I am fairly new Im just looking forward to learning the techniques and then hopefully being ready to compete next year.
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I"m doing it. Here's hoping for top 5000 in the region? :P
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'll try out for masters in a few years :laugh:
  • Shizzman
    Options
    Is it bad that I can't wait to till masters cause I'll probably stand a much better chance then heheh plus provides plenty of time to train!
  • snkeller24
    Options
    Haha can there be a JV team for the rest of us?!
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I signed up! I signed up! Just for fun, you know :)

If a group forms let me know!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I signed up - just to see how much I can go as RX, not trying to make sectional, just doing it for fun
  • FindingTotalHealth
    Options
    I signed up. More for the learning experience than anything.
  • blakeman187
    Options
    Been counting down the days!
  • Shizzman
    Options
    Aww man I'm lame... >_< I think I've still got time to give in...
  • jessylanne
    jessylanne Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the Opens. I will do the WODs in my garage recording with the webcam. I'm kind of nervous...
    Good luck to everyone, have fun!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up! I'm not expecting greatness (this year) since I just started CF, but it cant hurt to try!

I totally think we should to a MFP competition--just for fun!
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    yea, I think I will be skipping these. I can barely do a correct burpee yet so it would not be a wise decision.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the open! Sitting here waiting for the first WOD......

Edited to add: are your boxes not participating anyway? Every class is doing the Open WOD's on Thursday and Friday, so we all signed up anyway. Nobody is expecting anything big. They sort of put like signing up for a marathon, nobody expects to win but it's fun to participate with the group regardless.

If you still can you should sign up! I am not expecting top 5000 in the region. I'm hoping to not be last in the country.
  • kaylammurphy
    Options
    7 minutes of burpees?

Bring It On!
  • snkeller24
    Options
    I know our box kept asking people - but I think they only got a few takers.

I did not sign up - but I may do them just to see where I stand. Since I'm having some crossfit 2nd thoughts.

However 7 minutes of burpees doesn't sound ... fun.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    did better than I though for WOD 1 - I was shooting for 50, got 59! - how did everyone else do? Did you do better than you thought?
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I got 83.

Apparently I've agreed to do this again tomorrow. Friends insist I can hit 95. I say that's too much of an increase to expect lol. But 85... perhaps I can do that...

Current leaders in our gym:

Female: 120
    Male: something stupid high, I forget

There are two more women to go who I could see potentially beating our current leader...
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Signed up!, Burpee hell in the a.m. for me!