High Heels

Options
I was wondering if anyone else was similar. I'm 5'10" so not super tall but I find it hard to walk in high heels, part of it is the actual fear of falling over at such a height makes me a bit rigid.

I know it sounds daft but I was wondering if anyone else feels similar? and how many of you actually wear heels.

Replies

• iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone else was similar. I'm 5'10" so not super tall but I find it hard to walk in high heels, part of it is the actual fear of falling over at such a height makes me a bit rigid.

I know it sounds daft but I was wondering if anyone else feels similar? and how many of you actually wear heels.

Ditto. I hate heels. I'm also 5'10" and I feel like a giant when I wear them (not to mention that I have an issue with falling down).
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hahhh yeah I love the way they look but also feel like a giant towering over everyone.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Same hight and no problems wearing high heels. Purchased a lovely pair with a 4 inch heel & platform at Christmas which are very comfortable, more expensive heels are easier to wear.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight, I've found myself a bit more comfy in high heels. I usually stop at 4 inchers but yesterday I bought me some 4 1/2-5 inch heels!
    I won't do stiletos as those terrify me and I feel I'll fall over but these have a heel that's not too thick, not too thin.. :bigsmile:

Here are my new shoes (scroll down) ... :love:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/496461-concert-in-a-week-help-me-choose-my-final-outfit-lots-of?error_user_id=2462716&error_username=La_Amazona&page=5
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and love being tall! Although I don't wear a lot of heels, it's more about me not being able to walk in them than feeling too tall. Although I've never fallen, I swear my ankles are not supposed to bend that way. There are a few pairs I own that are comfortable and I enjoy wearing. But I love shoes with a platform sole- and will wear the hell out of them.

Recently, I bought a 6" pair of platform stilettos. When I put them on to go out, my husband, who is 6'4", was (just barely) looking up at me & was very surprised. It was awesome! I love those (amazingly comfortable) shoes. We got a lot of crazy looks while out on the town- because we appeared ginormous. It was fun!
  • Venice57
    Venice57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love heels! I used to wear them to the office all the time. The we did an out of state move and I started working from home. Then we had a baby. So now my shoe wardrobe is pretty much just ballet flats. :) But I still have a few boxes of nice heels just waiting for the right time to come out. :)
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I love wearing heels!!! And yes, I will bust out the 4-5in heels. Who go check me, boo?!

The only problem I ever had was when I was shopping for heels one time and the lady who worked at the shop told me I didn't need heels because I was so tall. I was like women don't wear heels just to gain a few inches, they wear them because they add to the outfit.
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I wear heels all day every day! I have about 50 pairs of heels in my closet right now~ LOVE THEM! The more you wear them, the more you get used to walking in them. The more weight you lose, the more comfortable they are (think about it... 250 lbs bearing down on your poor little ankles... or 180 lbs?)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I have a few pair of higher heels but don't wear them often. I walk around my office too much (HUGE office - 5 times back and forth is a mile), so make sure I'm wearing comfortable heels.

I did buy pair of high heeled knee high black boots....wore those once and turned a few heads :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and i love heels. I used to feel self-conscious about being the tallest person in the room and drawing attention, but now I will rock a pair of 5 inch heels in a minute! LOL! I love it.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight, I've found myself a bit more comfy in high heels. I usually stop at 4 inchers but yesterday I bought me some 4 1/2-5 inch heels!
    I won't do stiletos as those terrify me and I feel I'll fall over but these have a heel that's not too thick, not too thin.. :bigsmile:

Here are my new shoes (scroll down) ... :love:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/496461-concert-in-a-week-help-me-choose-my-final-outfit-lots-of?error_user_id=2462716&error_username=La_Amazona&page=5

They are lovely!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I do still buy high heels I sometimes wear them around the house, I could not get outdoors in them. I have some gorgeous shoes.

This is how I look when I try to walk normally in high heels though;

http://youtu.be/VygGuMyM3Jw

It would be handy if I could wear heels, being that tall in bars would mean I would be able to breathe fresh air.
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and used to wear heels all the time in college (mostly going out to the bars :drinker: ). I walk fine in them, but I just don't wear them anymore. Not comfortable and I don't need the extra height :laugh:
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My tallest female friend is 5'5, I look monstrous next to them to begin with, add heels and it looks crazy...but i still love heels
  • designkid78
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I like to wear heels, I just don't go many places to wear them. I have noticed that since I've started running, my calves are tight, and walking in heels for long periods of time gets uncomfortable. I have to take them off and stretch my feet back the other way every once in a while. When ever I wear them now, I just have to walk slower and remind my boyfriend not to walk so fast.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for super cute heels. But it depends where I'm going and who I'm going with. My closest group of friends are extremely short. They love wearing heels obvi and I used to all the time when we'd go out. Then I got tired of having to do the half bend over thing to hear them try to tell me something and felt like a towering giant because I wouldn't hear their convo over the music or something lol .

Now if I'm going out with my bf who is 6'5, I don't care. But it also comes down to comfort. In my old age of 24, I've found comfort to be a friend of mine. So if it's looking to be a night of walking/dancing, I'll grab my flats.

I think the secret of a tall woman in heels is just confidence. Wear them around your house or friend's house to get use to walking in them and being taller. People seem to love seeing tall ladies rocking heels. Something about it screams confidence in your own skin/body.
  • mayaeberhard
    Options
    I am 5'10" and yes I wear heels a bunch - especially my espadrille wedges in the summer with shorts! I love DSW as I get all the credits when shopping, which leads to more shoes, and more credits...awesome cycle :-)

Everybody I work with are under 5'6" (including the guys), but I just don't care....neither do they...most of the time :-)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'10" here and I'm not a fan of heels either. I much prefer a ballet flat.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I wear them every once and awhile. I find them fun.

Even finding them in my size is getting (slightly) easier!

(I wear 11 or 12 W or WW shoes at the moment I find www.torrid.com and zappos.com to be best - Torrid for fun, not as durable shoes, and zappos for more expensive, long-term shoes)
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and 4-6 inch heels is all I wear. I love it, makes me feel great and makes my legs look awesome. I only own 2 pairs of sneakers and 1 pair of hiking boots and those make me feel short..lol.