Phase 1, Week 1 and 2

Options

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I actually like Workout 1 the best, then cardio 1. I was not a fan of Workout 2. :( We're all doing so great! Lets keep it up! Is anyone taking before/after pictures and measurements? I'm taking mine today!
  • kacmae
    Options
    I did my measurements and before pics last night, so at the end of my Day 1. I'm on Day 2 of Kickstart and have stuck to Jillian's meal plan for Kickstart so far. I burned 260 calories on Workout 2 and around 250 on the Cardio 1. I forgot to track my Workout 1.
  • sholtz79
    sholtz79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 3 for me so it is my first Cardio day... How are you guys logging the cardio on MFP (those without a heart rate monitor)? I logged Workout 1 + 2 as circuit training. Thanks :) My legs are sore today (more like stretching sore) so I'm pushing myself to do the cardio.. A little nervous about it but going to do it anyway!!! :)
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I was worried about the cardio too at first.But I actually enjoyed it a little.I think you'll do great.Ok.I did phase 1 workout 1/Day 4 today.I'm not as sore as I thought I would be.I normally do not workout 4 days in a row.But I feel good so far.Everyone is doing great :happy:
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just found this group today. I finished my first week of BR yesterday. I lost 5 lbs, 2.5 inches off my waist, and an inch each off my hips and butt. Not too bad for my first week! :) Starting week 2 tomorrow. This is my first time doing any of Jillian's workout dvd's and I must say, I like how she does things! I followed the kickstart workout schedule of 2 workouts a day, but I did not follow her kickstart eating plan. It didn't look like enough food and I don't like most of the items that are on the eating plan. So I continued to log on MFP and it seems to work fine for me. I'm going to continue following 2 workouts a day for most of the 90 days, because I need the extra cardio.

Here's to us all making through to the end! :)
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    my arms are sore. i hate the kick out, spinning arms in small circles after speed bag. gah. i'm doing cardio 1 x 2 today for the kickstart. luckily, i think its my fav workout.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I ordered Body Revolution last Thursday and according to the tracking number I should have it today! YEAH!! I can't wait to see how the plan is laid out. I actually have tomorrow off work so I will have time to check it all out and hopefully get pictures and measurements. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Can't wait to see everyones results!!
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    I love workout 1 and 2... Hated cardio 1 because jumping around doesn't agree with my body.. wondering if I should modify some of the moves to make them lower impact or just do cardio at the gym (treadmill, etc) instead of the cardio DVD on those days?
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Started week 2 today. Still doing doubles and boy, do I feel it! And dare I say - I'm beginning to see my arms start to sculpt already! Woo hoo!! Lol
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Hi It's good to see you here.
    Jillian said if you have a why you can tolerate any how.I want to get in shape.I did Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.Phase 1/week 1 workout 2/Day 5 today.So I'm doing it :happy:
  • charlene_1980
    Options
    I love workout 1 and 2... Hated cardio 1 because jumping around doesn't agree with my body.. wondering if I should modify some of the moves to make them lower impact or just do cardio at the gym (treadmill, etc) instead of the cardio DVD on those days?

They say the workouts will have higher impact as the weeks progress. I'd see if I could modify as many of the cardio moves as possible to have lower impact. There's so much more to her cardio than just running on a treadmill, as far as body sculpting goes. I miss my treadmill runs though, so I'm doing the cardio debate myself lol
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I did Phase 1, Week 1, Workout 1 today and it felt good. I dare to say "easy" in comparison to some of her programs, but I know she's easing us into it, and "easy" will *not* be a word used to describe this program in weeks to come lol

I was thinking the same way when I started. But I know they'll get harder and i"ll be begging to go back to week 1&2! I just modified with heavier weights and did some jumping and more movements in the Cardio 1!
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ya ya ya! We're all doing great. I know we all started different days but we've all started close to the same time. So proud of us! I completed Day 5 today... some days I've added the cardio for extra but not today. I'm feeling good, a little sore but ok. I need to get some heavier weights though... and the resistance cable is awful! I can't seem to get it adjusted right, no matter what. I'll have to keep trying though because I only have one more week of barely using it lol

The resistance cab;e is the worst. Got it adjusted for my height but after wrapping it around my feet and then unwrapping it, the cords slide all around and I get tripped up in it. I'm just going to use my old one from Target that works great!
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Ya ya ya! We're all doing great. I know we all started different days but we've all started close to the same time. So proud of us! I completed Day 5 today... some days I've added the cardio for extra but not today. I'm feeling good, a little sore but ok. I need to get some heavier weights though... and the resistance cable is awful! I can't seem to get it adjusted right, no matter what. I'll have to keep trying though because I only have one more week of barely using it lol

The resistance cab;e is the worst. Got it adjusted for my height but after wrapping it around my feet and then unwrapping it, the cords slide all around and I get tripped up in it. I'm just going to use my old one from Target that works great!

The resistance cable is the worst! I went back to using the resistance cable I already had - the rubber one. Works so much better.
  • sholtz79
    sholtz79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just finished my last Cardio 1 of week 1!!! Tomorrow is a rest day so I'm thinking I will hit the gym and do a light cardio workout as extra credit :) So proud that I got through week 1 :) Can't wait to keep on going. I'm ordering my HRM today so I'm even more excited to workout using that to get a better estimate of the calories I'm burning :)
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 today. Very proud of myself for sticking to it. Felt really yucky a few days this week, but pushed thru it and did all 6 days. I was able to do everything, but i really hate the running man in the cardio....it really reenforces how uncoordinated I really am, lol.

7820655.png
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Ok,I did Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Phase 1 week 2 workout 1/Day 9 today.So it feels great to keep up and doing it.:happy:
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2 today. Not following her meal plans though. I lost 2.8 pounds the first week, not sure on inches. I kept forgetting to measure myself, hopefully I will remember tonight. Running mans are the worst for me. The first 3 days I couldn't finish them but now I can! Please add me as a friend. I need all the motivation you guys have!
  • SerenaLavette
    Options
    Day 1 for me (just saying that gets me gitty) I'm about to have lunch and am just so excited...You see...I obsesse about food. Always thinking about what I'm going to eat and how many calories its ganna be cuz I am NEVER prepared. So...to have my lunch made and my snack made and my dinner planned...Its very freeing :tongue:
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Just one more workout and I will have completed week 2! Can't wait to start weeks 3 and 4 workouts later this week. :)