Doing it again?

Options
I was originally worried about the program only being 12 weeks and being fairly pricey for 'only' 12 weeks but... this will go on for much more than 12 weeks lol
I'm doing most of the moves the regular way. I'm using a 5 lb weight for almost all of it and an 8 lb weight for some. I still haven't gotten the hang of the resistance bands.
Since she shows you one, and sometimes two, ways of modifying each exercise to make it harder, I'm glad to know that I can go back to week one and do everything harder and with more weight...
I know I'm only on week 2, but my plan at this point is to finish week 12, go back to couch to 5k as it'll be warm out again, enjoy outdoor activities through the summer when it's easier to be active, and then come back to Body Revolution in the fall, doing the moves modified.

Replies

• BestToBeMe
    Options
    I ordered my JMBR yesterday. So excited to get started. Good luck!
  • lalfaro01
    lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was originally worried about the program only being 12 weeks and being fairly pricey for 'only' 12 weeks but... this will go on for much more than 12 weeks lol
    I'm doing most of the moves the regular way. I'm using a 5 lb weight for almost all of it and an 8 lb weight for some. I still haven't gotten the hang of the resistance bands.
    Since she shows you one, and sometimes two, ways of modifying each exercise to make it harder, I'm glad to know that I can go back to week one and do everything harder and with more weight...
    I know I'm only on week 2, but my plan at this point is to finish week 12, go back to couch to 5k as it'll be warm out again, enjoy outdoor activities through the summer when it's easier to be active, and then come back to Body Revolution in the fall, doing the moves modified.

That's an awesome plan! I just love Jillian workouts and thought that having many dvds to choose from would be ideal :).
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I like your plan too! I'm thinking that I will keep using these after the 12 weeks too. Just not sure how yet. ...Waiting on my copy to arrive ;)
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have been tracking all of your progress and it looks like you are all doing amazing! I really want to get JMBR, but I'm getting married in April so I will be unable to do any of her workouts for 2 full weeks. So my question is....do you think it would be worth it for me to order JMBR, start it, then take a 2 week break for my wedding, then continue where I left off when I get back from my honeymoon? Or do I wait until after my honeymoon to start it so I can do all 90 days in a row?

Thank you for your input!! Keep up the fabulous work!

p.s. I love Jillian and I currently own almost all of her DVD's
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just started JMBR today and did Workout 1 this morning. I am planning to do the Cardio workout this afternoon.

I am wondering....for those who have already done a week or two of this....Do you find it easier to do the workout and then immediately follow with cardio, or is it better to spread them out?

Also, for those of you past the kickstart, are you still doing 2 workouts per day to get extra cardio, or just the one a day per her plan?

I know that workout 1 is the easiest and I felt like I got a good workout, but I also feel like I need more. So just curious what everyone is doing before I start adjusting things around. :) Thanks!
  • charlene_1980
    Options
    Hey there! I have been tracking all of your progress and it looks like you are all doing amazing! I really want to get JMBR, but I'm getting married in April so I will be unable to do any of her workouts for 2 full weeks. So my question is....do you think it would be worth it for me to order JMBR, start it, then take a 2 week break for my wedding, then continue where I left off when I get back from my honeymoon? Or do I wait until after my honeymoon to start it so I can do all 90 days in a row?

Thank you for your input!! Keep up the fabulous work!

p.s. I love Jillian and I currently own almost all of her DVD's

I'm sorry! I thought I replied to this? Darn computers... I wouldn't start it until after the wedding, if you'll have to take 2 weeks off. I would, however, order it now so you have it when you can start it and don't have to wait LOL! Maybe between now and the wedding you could do 30DS or Ripped in 30, if you're really anxious =) Congrats on your upcoming big day, btw!
  • charlene_1980
    Options
    I just started JMBR today and did Workout 1 this morning. I am planning to do the Cardio workout this afternoon.

I am wondering....for those who have already done a week or two of this....Do you find it easier to do the workout and then immediately follow with cardio, or is it better to spread them out?

Also, for those of you past the kickstart, are you still doing 2 workouts per day to get extra cardio, or just the one a day per her plan?

I know that workout 1 is the easiest and I felt like I got a good workout, but I also feel like I need more. So just curious what everyone is doing before I start adjusting things around. :) Thanks!

I, personally, did both of them one after another, as it's more productive for me. Get all gross and sweaty once, get the workout out of the way, and get on with the rest of my day... Also, with my shifts, I can't do morning and evening unless I'm on days off, so it's either am or pm for me.

I still do cardio as extra on days that I can, time wise or motivation wise. I go to Zumba either Tuesday or Wednesday nights (depending on my shifts at work) and last week I could only go on Wednesday as I worked Tuesday evening. Wednesday was supposed to be my 'rest' day but I still went to Zumba... I hope I'm not hurting anything by doing that lol