Who's on what?

Options
Raemama
Raemama Posts: 203 Member
What Thyroid meds do you take? And, do you feel like it's an adequate amount (i.e. is it working)?

Replies

• Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am taking Eltroxin 0.05mg. When I first went onto it it seemed to work well, but right now I dont think it is. I had some bloods done last week for something else and asked them to do a Thyroid screen, which showed that my Thyroid stimulating hormone is up again. I need to make an appointment to see my doctor, but work is just terrible this week. I have been feeling really drained and my skin is very dry, which is generally the start of it for me.
  • rhaizam
    rhaizam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to take synthroid, but it would literally make my hair fall, i lost so much hair while on it! I told my doctor and she put me on Levothyroxine (25MG) and so far I've had no problems with it and just last month I got checked and my thyroid came back normal, so Is working! :)
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What Thyroid meds do you take? And, do you feel like it's an adequate amount (i.e. is it working)?

Levothyroxin 75 mcg/daily.

has been working for quite a while stable.... recently, my hair started coming out... im wondering if its time to get it rechecked, or if it is just stress. LOL
  • Raemama
    Options
    I'm on 125 mcg of Synthroid and 50 mcg Cytomel (25 2x per day). I was upped on the Synthroid recently and am starting to feel a bit more energetic.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    if I continue to lose hair, I will probably have a T4 lab done to make sure my med is the correct dosage.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm taking 50mcg Levothyroxine. It seems to work well. The last couple years when I went in for my blood work, it is within normal limits.
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I started taking Synthroid at a low dosage, and doc kept increasing it. When I lost my insurance I switched to Levothyroxine and my body just didn't absorb it, I was taking 350mcg a day and my levels were still not right. So I switched back to Synthroid and I'm taking 300mcg atm, but I still feel like there are unaddressed issues with my body that could be related to the meds...my period just in the past six months has become very irregular, sometimes I'll have it for four days, sometimes I'll have it for 10, and it can either be very light or very heavy....which is not normal for me. :/ Plus I'm still sooo tired and don't seem to have any energy.
  • Raemama
    Options
    I started taking Synthroid at a low dosage, and doc kept increasing it. When I lost my insurance I switched to Levothyroxine and my body just didn't absorb it, I was taking 350mcg a day and my levels were still not right. So I switched back to Synthroid and I'm taking 300mcg atm, but I still feel like there are unaddressed issues with my body that could be related to the meds...my period just in the past six months has become very irregular, sometimes I'll have it for four days, sometimes I'll have it for 10, and it can either be very light or very heavy....which is not normal for me. :/ Plus I'm still sooo tired and don't seem to have any energy.

You probably need to add Cytomel or Armour to your meds...
  • Cheryl943
    Options
    Levothyroxine 150mcg I take 1 a day plus a half a couple times a week. I test fine but I don't feel fine, so I take an extra 1/2 on a third day most weeks. :blushing:
  • Chaquilas
    Chaquilas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    75 mcg levo, I go for labs next month.
  • sittingduck180
    Options
    I was on Levothyroxine for a long time, but it started making me feel ill in the mornings. I switched to brand name Synthoid and felt better immediately - i'm on 225mcg and have been for a while.
  • Aaron1978
    Options
    I am currently taking Armour Thyroid 60 mg. I have been on Synthroid and did not respond too well. I was on Cytomel as well and can never take it again....it gave me severe anxiety and panic attacks. I do notice some changes with the Armour fairly quickly and I hope for more to come. I have been on it for 6 weeks now and it is the only med so far that has done anything + for me. My swelling has decrease along with my muscle aches. I also have more energy.