We know you're a poser.....

Options

Replies

• baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Alison...the real bikers I know up north put a ski under the front tire and chains on the back tire in the winter to make the run to town for their Blue. I heard tell that's where the idea for snow mobiles came from.
  • Karlaki
    Options
    Tennis shoes? Nah, I have a few pair of well worn boots, but will admit that I sometimes ride in boat shoes and have some special vented boots I occasionally wear. Hey man, it gets hot in Florida in August!

I know, I bring shame to the riding community. I shall hang my head and repent. :laugh:

An ex of mine, a "real biker" even, rides in Birkenstocks. Of course, he is well pickled from his years practice as an alcoholic not to mention being a bit wacko.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Hey Wingman......you don't wear tennis shoes on the Gold Wing do ya?? :bigsmile:

It all depends on where I am going. I do wear boots but if I am headed to work then I have my work shoes. I have ridden to church a few times and I figured one thing out, you just can't look cool on a bike wearing khaki's and dress shirt no matter how much leather ya put on top of it. LOL. :smokin: :glasses:
  • baddbob
    Options
    Hey Wingman......you don't wear tennis shoes on the Gold Wing do ya?? :bigsmile:

It all depends on where I am going. I do wear boots but if I am headed to work then I have my work shoes. I have ridden to church a few times and I figured one thing out, you just can't look cool on a bike wearing khaki's and dress shirt no matter how much leather ya put on top of it. LOL. :smokin: :glasses:

I have admit that I sneak off to the gym on my Bobber at night (after dark) in gym shorts and tennis shoes. I just hope nobody ever sees me !!
  • Karlaki
    Options

I have admit that I sneak off to the gym on my Bobber at night (after dark) in gym shorts and tennis shoes. I just hope nobody ever sees me !!

No kidding! It would suck if the other bikers saw you and thought you were a Poser! LOL

:glasses:
  • alisonst76
    Options
    Bob we have ice races up here, they throw some studs in dirt bike tires and race on the frozen lakes. Not my thing I hate the winter and spend as little time outside as possible (yes I see the irony, I live in the wrong country someday I plan to move south!)

sorry I'm one of those AGAT (all gear all the time) the only exception I make is I won't wear pants if I'm zipping around the city but if I hit the highway I'm covered head to toe in leather. I tried squiding out before and it creeps me out.
    Scars are not sexy and I know what the ER nurses do to clean out road rash and it is very unpleasant. Plus I hate pain and being hot is much less painful than a skin graft.
    We rode through Nevada in July in full leather (that kind of sucked alot tho)
    I don't know what I would do if I lived some where where it actually gets hot.
  • baddbob
    Options
    I live in Florida. I wear jeans, boots, t-shirt and my cut. I only put my leather on when it gets below 60. Never wear chaps down here. Rarely wear my helmet, but that's just stupid and I'm trying to do better. I lived in Vegas too long wearing a helmet in 110 degree weather that when I moved to Florida, I felt liberated and had a hard time putting it on again.

BB
  • baddbob
    Options
    Here is one of those Minnesota motorcycles than were the precursors to the snowmobile.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GmpsD_rosm0/TkM00URMlRI/AAAAAAABpRc/G4dDWmTciDI/s1600/IH174380.jpg
  • WingMan380
    Options
    I was in Destin, FL this past summer and it just killed me seeing people riding with no helmet.
    Tennessee helmets are mandatory but if they were not mandatory I dont think I could take mine off.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm meet a lot of those requirements... but I ride a Ducati...:sad: A dirty (very), rain-ridden, snow-ridden, gravel-ridden, grouchy, noisy Ducati that I do my own, oil changes, tire changes, belt changes & valve adjustments on! Does that un-poser me just a little? :laugh:

You're a poser if you've never had to reattach a ground cable while going down the road because your bike vibrates so much it shook it loose!

JM
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Well guys I am a biker,
    I have ridden in rain without rain coat (tornado less then 25 miles away)
    I ride to work every chance I get (live in Michigan)
    Change my own oil
    in the process of fixing a leak on my inner primary
    Yup I have a Harley that loves to leak.. she is 01 wide glide
    Ate more bites that I can to think about
    More bee stings in my boobs.. those come flying out when I get stung..
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I think everyone is a might touchy! you choose what kind of biker you are and what you want to do - that is what fun about being a biker. it encompasses everything and everyone. been riding for 40 years or so - seen all kinds and it takes all kinds.

I loved the original post and the other list. pretty dang funny -
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is a might touchy! you choose what kind of biker you are and what you want to do - that is what fun about being a biker. it encompasses everything and everyone. been riding for 40 years or so - seen all kinds and it takes all kinds.

I loved the original post and the other list. pretty dang funny -

It happens every time...
  • HealthyRider
    Options
    I respect all riders....as I do anyone I meet. Treat people the way you want to be treated! ☮
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...lets see if I'm a poser.....

You spit out the bug that just flew in your mouth. (Uhhhh ya, I do!)
    You spend more time shining your bike than riding it. (Negetive)
    You're too cool to wave at the kids in the mom-mobile in front of you. (I wave to everyone like Mrs. America)
    You grab for your hairbrush before your old lady. (I try to ride in braids)
    You take your bike into the shop for oil changes. (Yes. I know how to change the oil on my jeep but not my bike)
    Your $500 boots aren't scuffed from riding. (I have 2 pairs of cowboy boots and 1 pair of Fry harness boots, they are well worn and all under $250)
    You think that a kick-starter is a mocha latte. (Yes??? Is isn't?)(Just kidding. I know what one is)
    You set at least one mirror, if not both, to reflect yourself. (Only when I stop and take off my helmet for lunch)
    Your saddle bags say "Gucci". (I DONT HAVE ANY YET! Still doing the backpack thing when needed)
    You carry a lap-top in your saddle bags. ( I use to carry one in my backpack when I rode to school)
    Your tattoos wash off. (Lol!!! I don't have any but if I did, they would probably wash off)
    You put your pony-tail back in the drawer after you get home. (Nope, it's all stuck to my head)
    You won't ride down a gravel road. (Ummmm, only if there is no other way. Now get me a KTM Adventure and that will change)
    You've never seen a sunrise from two wheels. (No sunrise yet but I have seen plenty of sunsets!)
    You only ride on weekends, when you can. (I don't care what day of the week it is)
    You never ride to work. (I have worn jeans under my dresses, many times, so that I could ride to work!)
    All your leathers match. (Ummm yea? Something wrong with matching?)
    There are no wrinkled, faded, creased, or scratched areas on your leathers. (Not really. I don't wear them as much as I should)
    You don't own a rain suit. (Hell no! If it rains it rains. Little wet never killed anyone!)
    You've never ridden long enough to know that stock seats are never comfortable. (Oh gosh. I have a stock seat and it kills me! I need to invest in a custom one for sure...)
    You've never had to replace a worn out tire. (Nope)
    You've had to replace your tires, but because they were too old and not too worn. (Nope)
    You like to ride by stores with big picture windows so you can admire your reflection. (Haha! Actually not that vain)
    You ride a Ducati. (Nope)
    Your longest road trip this year was to Hooter's for bike night. (No, but because my seat is factory and my husband doesn't have a bike right now, I havent been more then 60 miles away from home in a while)(We ride it together sometimes but, have you ever sat on the back of a factory seat?!?! 30 minuts without a break, tops!)

That was fun! Thanx for posting. Hope I am not a poser:glasses: but even if I am, I love:love: riding my bike and I guess thats what counts in my book! Cheers:drinker:

exercise.png
  • BeeElMarvin
    Options
    .....when.....

You spit out the bug that just flew in your mouth. (if I get the chance before he goes all the way down)
    You spend more time shining your bike than riding it. (no, she's just an ole' Harley)
    You're too cool to wave at the kids in the mom-mobile in front of you. (always wave at the kids - other bike riders, it depends...)
    You grab for your hairbrush before your old lady. (huh?, what?)
    You take your bike into the shop for oil changes. (Ha!, um no.)
    Your $500 boots aren't scuffed from riding. (about $50 from Kmart and yeah, real scuffed)
    You think that a kick-starter is a mocha latte. (still got Kick start on one bike and I drink my coffee black)
    You set at least one mirror, if not both, to reflect yourself. (well of course, LOL)
    Your saddle bags say "Gucci". (my "throw overs" came from a local old timer who made em for me)
    You carry a lap-top in your saddle bags. (ain't even got one)
    Your tattoos wash off. (no, but neither does the oil and grease on my hands)
    You put your pony-tail back in the drawer after you get home. (I've seen them - pretty funny ****.)
    You won't ride down a gravel road. (not real fast anyway, that **** hurts!)
    You've never seen a sunrise from two wheels. (best view in the world, well 2nd best...)
    You only ride on weekends, when you can. (I always can).
    You never ride to work. (from April to November)
    All your leathers match. (they do, they're all worn and beat to hell)
    There are no wrinkled, faded, creased, or scratched areas on your leathers.
    You don't own a rain suit. (I do, but, I usually leave it home when I could really use it...)
    You've never ridden long enough to know that stock seats are never comfortable. (at my age, no seats comfy after a few hours)
    You've never had to replace a worn out tire. ( bout one a year, damn Dunlop's)
    You've had to replace your tires, but because they were too old and not too worn.
    You like to ride by stores with big picture windows so you can admire your reflection. (oh yeah, that I do, LOL)
    You ride a Ducati. (nope, but I wouldn't mind havin' one!)
    Your longest road trip this year was to Hooter's for bike night. (actually Hooter's would be one hell of a trip for me, from out here in the boonies)

The other list:
    - if you don't have at least 10 "In Memory of Patches" on your cut ( I only have 3...)
    - if you don't have at least 5 Bros in prison (only 1 right now)
    - if your first tattoo isn't faded ( oh yeah, real faded ,can't hardly tell what it is anymore)
    - if you haven't stopped a bleeding cut with axle grease (ha, not on purpose)
    - if you don't have a 300 pound Bro named Tiny (well of course)
    - if you don't have a 5'4" Bro named Stump (no he died)
    - if the chain on your wallet isn't rusty (not rusty, pretty damn dirty though)
    - and of course if your wallet doesn't have a chain
    - if you don't have at least one picture of one of your bikes on your arm (nope)
    - if you haven't been so mad at a cager that you've spit on them (done worse than that)
    - if you don't have an ol' lady that tolerates the mystique of Ink and Chrome (tolerates, no - loves it, yeah)
    - if you haven't cracked a rev when passing a rice burner (usually, then they pull a wheelie - inside I always hope they dump it)
    - if you don't know the meaning of road rash first hand (yeah, road rash, broken collar bone, torn bicep, yup)
    - if you don't have enough spare parts in your garage to build another bike (mostly anyway, but what a bastardized scoot that would be!)
  • BeeElMarvin
    Options
    :laugh: :grumble: :drinker: :bigsmile: :smokin: :glasses:

For the record, my leathers dont match.
    I ride to work all the time, have ridden in heavy storms, snow, sleet, ice, temps ranging from 14 to 100+.
    I wave to all bikers and even scooters (lol)
    I ride a 82 Honda Goldwing all origional.
    Laugh at my rice burner all you want, You dont see any 82 Harley's on the road that havent been heavily modified and/or rebuilt

Keep the shiny side up

Oh brother, here we go... my bikes better than your bike...wtf
  • WingMan380
    Options
    :laugh: :grumble: :drinker: :bigsmile: :smokin: :glasses:

For the record, my leathers dont match.
    I ride to work all the time, have ridden in heavy storms, snow, sleet, ice, temps ranging from 14 to 100+.
    I wave to all bikers and even scooters (lol)
    I ride a 82 Honda Goldwing all origional.
    Laugh at my rice burner all you want, You dont see any 82 Harley's on the road that havent been heavily modified and/or rebuilt

Keep the shiny side up

Oh brother, here we go... my bikes better than your bike...wtf
    Here we go what?? Just having fun dude. Loosen your chaps a notch.
    :drinker:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    How about a "Not a poser" pic. Who says street bikes have to stay on the street!!!

DSC_0037-1200.jpg

JM
  • cino2684
    cino2684 Posts: 26
    Options
    I may not make smooth shifts, may not take corners the greatest. But at least I am the hot chick on the bike all you men look at when driving by!! Respect the fact that I am learning to ride, struggling and overcoming the odds that no one said I could do it! Eventually I'll be passing your *kitten*! lol