Week 5 -Couch 2 5K

Options
taylor0204
taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
Hi running pals,:happy:

I can't believe we are in week 5. I am so proud we have stayed focused and stayed together.
Today I completed my first run. I did my walking at 3.0 mph and my running at 4.0. I completed 40 minutes and ran 2.35 miles.

I looked at the requirements for the 2nd run of week 5 and it is going to be a challenge. I am looking forward to it and can' t wait to see how my body holds up. Right now I feel fine after my runs.

Have a great week.

Replies

• taylor0204
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning wanting to run .....OMG. I did my second run for this week. I focused on being able to go the distsnce and not on speed. I walked/ran at 3.0 for 30 minutes. I completed 1.5 miles.

The first 8 minute run was difficult but the reaming runs were not as hard. But as we know.....running is hard.

I am participating in a 15 mile challenge this week so I did an additional 2 miles walking........10 miles remaining.....wish me luck.
  • dancingincircles84
    Options
    I think I'm going to start running again so I'll just be joining on week 5. I've been doing lots of squats and strength the past couple of weeks so hopefully I'm pain free.
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Welcome back. Take it easy and we will all see this to the end........running all the way. I will be walking over the next few days and plan to do my last run on Thursday or Friday. I don't want to encounter an injury since I just completed my last two runs w/o a rest day.
  • lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    happy to join you on week 5
    completed my first run today

back on treadmill, 1% incline
    warmup 3.5mph
    jog 5mph
    walk 4mph

including cool down -2.2 miles
    calories burnt 345

I feel GOOD :)
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm loving it!!!

It's easier to keep track of and I'm soo happy to see that I'm able to run for 5 mins! (Maybe even more if I tried!!) :happy:

BUT! I did the program yesterday AND some strength training and my legs today ARE KILLING ME!!!

Hopefully, I'm able to run tomorrow...I would hate not being able to do so after coming this far with it! :ohwell:
  • Ely160
    Options
    By the way lohitverma, I can see you're losing weight already! The difference in your face is quite noticeable! Good job!!!! :drinker:
  • taylor0204
    Options
    I feel GOOD :)
    [/quote]

Isn't it a great feeling. You can run 2 miles and feel good :laugh:
  • taylor0204
    Options
    By the way lohitverma, I can see you're losing weight already! The difference in your face is quite noticeable! Good job!!!! :drinker:

Ditto ditto........the difference is noticeable.
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Ely,

I am sure you can go further but I am glad to know you did not push yourself....... Not yet anyway:smile:
    I am so proud of us all.
    We will be graduates soon!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Hello guys!!

Kudos to you guys. You are doing awesome!!!!!!

I am a week behind you guys but I see that Week 5 Day 3 is to run 20 minutes straight. I will be interested in knowing how you guys do with that as I will be looking to do it next week. Keep me posted!!!!!
  • Ely160
    Options
    I'm loving it!!!

It's easier to keep track of and I'm soo happy to see that I'm able to run for 5 mins! (Maybe even more if I tried!!) :happy:

BUT! I did the program yesterday AND some strength training and my legs today ARE KILLING ME!!!

Hopefully, I'm able to run tomorrow...I would hate not being able to do so after coming this far with it! :ohwell:

I am soooo upset with myself!!!

Today should've been my last day of Week 5 but I can barely walk...MY LEGS ARE A MESS!!!

I really hope my muscles are doing better tomorrow, otherwise, I will have to repeat Week 5 again. Ugh!!!!
  • lohitverma
    Options

Ditto ditto........the difference is noticeable.

Thank you , thank you :bigsmile:
  • lohitverma
    Options
    Ely

DOnt be upset, give yourself a well earned rest today, and tomorrow is another day, its okay to give yourself a break, and this happened because you were working out extra and not because of slacking off, so give yourself a pat on the back and be back on the journey as soon as you feel a lil better
    I am soooo upset with myself!!!

Today should've been my last day of Week 5 but I can barely walk...MY LEGS ARE A MESS!!!

I really hope my muscles are doing better tomorrow, otherwise, I will have to repeat Week 5 again. Ugh!!!!
    [/quote]
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Ely,

Sorry to hear about your legs. You need the recovery days in order to keep yourself injury free.

It makes u want to :sad: but here's a :flowerforyou:
  • lohitverma
    Options
    Ely,

Sorry to hear about your legs. You need the recovery days in order to keep yourself injury free.

It makes u want to :sad: but here's a :flowerforyou:

and one from me for the whole gang here, :flowerforyou:
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Wow!!! Week 5 Day 3. I completed my run last night and I was able to run the 20 minutes. I decided before my run that I would not focus on how many minutes I had completed so I placed a magazine over the time panel on the treadmill. When I finally looked at the time (after I could not take the suspense any longer) I had completed 18 minutes. I was so HAPPY.:smile: At that point I said, I got this....I got this.

So when each of you begin this run please think ---I got this. With proper training up to this week, We Got This!!!
  • dancingincircles84
    Options
    So you know how I took a couple weeks break from running, well during that time I did a lot of weightlifting and squats. Holy, squats have really improved my running. At the start of this C25K program I could barely run half a mile without dying. Today I ran 4 miles in around 35 minutes on the treadmill. I'd recommend squats (with heavy weights - I did around 70lbs for 3 sets of 10 reps) to any beginner runner. I surprised myself tonight and I know it was all the squatting I did that I have to thank.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I just finished my redo of day 1 week 5 of C25K, I upped my running pace to 6 mph and my walking to 3.5 mph, let me tell you, that was a killer workout for this old fat guy :laugh:

5 minute warm-up
    Run 5 minutes
    Walk 2 minutes
    Run 4 minutes
    Walk 2 minute
    Run 5 minutes
    Walk 2 minutes
    Run 4 minutes
    Cool down 5 minutes

Shower, some lunch, then I'm off to work!
  • lohitverma
    Options
    completed week 5 . day 2
    i have been a little slowed down on this program, 60 mins of racquetball fri-sun had left me totally drained...

hoping to complete 20min run day after tomorrow -yeah..
  • taylor0204
    Options
    With 60 minutes of racquetball Fri-Sun I truly understand. Finish up so we can head into week 6...... We are almost graduates:happy: