Anyone else having trouble?

Options
I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for a week and have not lost a pound!!! Im gettiing very discouraged. I am going to forge on though. I will say though, I have not incorporated my exercise yet, have had a lot of sickness in my family the last two weeks, hopefully that will make a difference!

Replies

• kami1963
    Options
    Hi, Yes I was having the same results the first couple of weeks, but this week have finally lost. My hardest time is on the weekend. Keep on track and good luck!
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Meno or post meno............whatever, since that time, I have been unable to lose weight unless I lower my carbs. Take a look at your diary and see if your days are high carb, if so, try lowering them. You will be surprised!
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to drop pounds relatively easily, but not anymore. I am not as careful on the weekends but never cheat and usually come in under my calorie alotment Mon - Fri. I work out almost daily but the scale just won't budge. It is very discouraging!
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium intake too. That will cause you to retain fluid and weigh more!!
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    ^^sodium and carbs, same here. It's definitely more work now to lose but, boy oh boy, does it come back on fast if I'm not careful! I had one week over the holidays that I didn't get in any exercise and gained a few pounds that I'm still working on getting off.
  • Cherub3965
    Cherub3965 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes - making the scale budge is very irritating. I must work out...or no matter what..seem to only gain. The only things that work for me now seem to be low carbs and with the lower calorie intake - more protein grams than app states are required...and an exercise routine which switches up (not exactly the same every day - mix strength cardio ratios). Finally lost some rather than gaining for the first time since right after my hysterectomy 4 years ago! Another thing for me is staying 'stretched' lately - seem to stiffen up so quickly if stretching isn't done every day. Anyone else? (Just started using MFP LOVE THIS APP - excellent, makes tracking food intake so fast, convenient and easy! )
  • SandyMilton
    Options
    I'm on 1300 calorie right now and it seems to be working... so far. However, with that said, I definitely notice a difference in what makes up those calories. The "formula" for me is lower carbs (I "aim" for the 100-125 ballpark, love when I'm below, and don't get frustrated when I hit above), higher proteins, and healthy fats.
  • lisa812many
    lisa812many Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't lose weight on a super low calorie diet--tried that and failed. I am only in week 2 with MFP and have dropped 9 pounds, half of which I am sure is water weight based on my old eating habits. I have drastically increased my physical activity and track every bite of food. I think calories in -- calories out and ensure I have a slight deficit to allow for the weight loss. So, get up, get moving, and get healthy!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    If you aren't already, reduce your sodium intake to 1500 per day and drink more water( 8 8oz cups, not 8 big glasses). Make sure that you eat some lean protein with each meal.
    The first few weeks were the hardest for me because I gained weight instead of losing so it was easy to be discouraged!
    Also, get out your tape measure and measure every body part, record it ONCE a week and weigh yourself once a week. I noticed that I was smaller in several areas before I lost ONE pound.
    Good luck, you (we) can do this. Add me as a friend if you'd like and we can encourage each other. It helps so much to have a support system!
  • Annec0911
    Options
    I'm glad I found this post this morning.

I. Am. Going. To. Scream!

I swear my body is immune to calorie restriction and exercise...

Finding this really tough going.....only 4 months ago I dropped 7lbs in 6 weeks....doing exactly what I am doing now....

What the h is going on??

Will try suggestions to increase protein and reduce carbs ....
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Any chance people that are having problems losing their weight to make their food diaries open so they can be viewed?
  • Annec0911
    Options
    You know what? December Child's request to view diaries made me squirm.

Because, for all my whining....upon closer review...I have not been as diligent or accurate with documentation....
    So why am I irritated by lack of progress when I haven't been truly accountable....?

Thank you DecemberChild for asking the tough question....
    I'll set my diary up for viewing...
    Look It going forward from today.....
  • lexidell46
    Options
    I have found that some of my medications make it more of a challenge to get rid of the weight.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Meno or post meno............whatever, since that time, I have been unable to lose weight unless I lower my carbs. Take a look at your diary and see if your days are high carb, if so, try lowering them. You will be surprised!

I've just this week decided to try this approach. I'm cutting way down on refined carbs and increasing my protien. I hope it helps because nothing has for the last year.