Phase 2

Options
A thread for those in Phase 2.

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    So anyone else in Phase 2 now? Man the metabolic training kicks my behind!
  • nightwyrm
    Options
    Just started Phase 2 this week. Time (and energy) permitting, I'm trying to incorporate both the Extra Strength and the Metabolic -- if I'd read this section better at the start, I would've done the Metabolic in Phase 1.

Straight off the bat, loathing burpees already. Haven't liked them in the past, tacking them on the end of a workout makes them plain nasty to do.

Front squats (in the Extra Strength) seem to be a real challenge, not weight-wise, but in trying to get the right flexion in my wrists for it not to hurt. My right wrist doesn't flex as much as my left, but that'll hopefully improve over time.

Finally, does anyone have trouble getting set up for the dumbbell alternating chest press on partial bench? If I hold the weights, it's hard to slide myself down the bench in position. Alternatively, trying to pick up the weights once in position feels pretty awkward.

Ach well, first go at Workout B tonight!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yeah, front squats definitely take time to get used to. You do them in NROL for Women, so I know what you mean about the wrist pain.

And yes, I totally have trouble getting on the bench with the dumbbells. I have started doing one arm at a time which actually challenges the core more. This is much easier to set up for since I have less weight on my chest when I do it.
  • nightwyrm
    Options
    First two workouts done. Have some pretty decent DOMS in my abdominals, the core exercises are definitely more hardcore (even a passing PT stopped and commented that they looked intense).

Workout B went pretty well. At ease with most of the exercises, though the mixed grip chin-up feels majorly awkward. Kettlebell swing is a killer though (my spinal stabilisers were pretty numb afterwards); won't be looking forward to doing them together with burpees in Phase 3.
  • nightwyrm
    Options
    @savvystephy I see what you mean about only using one DB for that bench work - much easier to get into position and the exercise itself is better :-)

I'm starting to loathe burpees...