Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    In first week of Phase 2 - not too bad at all. Didn't love Chest & Shoulders, but didn't love that in P90X either. I'm pretty psyched that I'm doing this!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    One more day in my first phase, gonna do a week of recovery and then moving onto the next phase. I gotta say I love the yoga but man does this make me sore. In fact, no other workout gets me as sore which is amazing.
  • dauenhab
    dauenhab Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am in the middle of my first week if strength phase. I did 4 weeks of core and got great results. Overall lost just over 7 inches. I was very pleased so far and can't wait to see what I look like after completing the program.

Weekend will be a little rough because I am traveling to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, but I do have the stuff to do my workouts with me. Looks like I will miss my workout for today because if our late start, but I will just use it as a rest day instead.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am in the middle of my first week if strength phase. I did 4 weeks of core and got great results. Overall lost just over 7 inches. I was very pleased so far and can't wait to see what I look like after completing the program.

Weekend will be a little rough because I am traveling to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, but I do have the stuff to do my workouts with me. Looks like I will miss my workout for today because if our late start, but I will just use it as a rest day instead.

Awesome.

I am in the middle of my seventh week and noticing a bunch of NSV's although I don't really have much weight to lose.
  • dauenhab
    dauenhab Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Awesome.

I am in the middle of my seventh week and noticing a bunch of NSV's although I don't really have much weight to lose.

What is NSV's?

- Brandy
  • psuLemon
    Options

Awesome.

What is NSV's?

- Brandy

Sorry, it stands for non scale victories. For me, I have stayed at 202 lbs for the entire 7 weeks but I am seeing greater definition in my arms, legs, back and a little in my abs.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Starting Phase 3 on Monday. Can not wait.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Starting Phase 3 on Monday. Can not wait.

I am actually debating if I want to start phase 3 on Sunday or do my 4th week of phase 2. I will probably skip the recovery week though as my wrist are having issues with all the yoga.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Colleen and in my 3rd week of Phase 2. I haven't lost any weight yet, which has frustrated me a bit, but I have been getting stronger and in much better shape, clothes are fitting better, and I'm getting muscle definition back which is awesome. I'll probably do 2 more weeks of this phase...then move onto the scary looking Phase 3, lol!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Colleen and in my 3rd week of Phase 2. I haven't lost any weight yet, which has frustrated me a bit, but I have been getting stronger and in much better shape, clothes are fitting better, and I'm getting muscle definition back which is awesome. I'll probably do 2 more weeks of this phase...then move onto the scary looking Phase 3, lol!

Welcome. Have you been following the beach body meal plan? If not, how many calories are you eating? I can help you out. There is always a possible you are either under or over eating. The good news is, you are losing inches which means fat loss.

I just started phase III and it's an animal. I absolutely love how I am dripping in sweat by the end of the workout; even more than when I do plyo. I am admittedly more sore these three days than any other phase. And I only did PAP lower & PAP upper so far. On to Yoga tonight. I plan on doing this phase for 5 weeks as I only did 3 weeks of Phase II.
  • Creiche
    Options
    Welcome. Have you been following the beach body meal plan? If not, how many calories are you eating? I can help you out. There is always a possible you are either under or over eating. The good news is, you are losing inches which means fat loss.

I have not been following the beach body meal plan. During P90X last year, I upped my net calorie intake to 1500 after hitting a plateau and have mostly stuck with that goal since. I'd say I net 1300-1600 most days and focus on getting at least 80-100 g of protein. I appreciate any advise you have and am very willing to change things up! I lost about 15 lbs during P90X, but I had a lot more to lose then so I'm sort of in new territory now that I'm within the "last" 10 lbs or so.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I have not been following the beach body meal plan. During P90X last year, I upped my net calorie intake to 1500 after hitting a plateau and have mostly stuck with that goal since. I'd say I net 1300-1600 most days and focus on getting at least 80-100 g of protein. I appreciate any advise you have and am very willing to change things up! I lost about 15 lbs during P90X, but I had a lot more to lose then so I'm sort of in new territory now that I'm within the "last" 10 lbs or so.

When I started with P90X, I was on their level 1(1800 calories per day). I didn't really follow their guidelines but rather a basic LCD. I did the full program. Didn't lose anything. NO inches, body fat or weight. I then switch to CLX and upped my calories to 2600 based on doing some research and finding out about the Katch McArdle formula. I started CLX at 200 and 15% body fat. I did a cheat day or two on the weekends but pretty clean diet most other times. I finished CLX at 189, 12% body fat and lost 6" in my hip, waist and ab region (2 from each). Over the next months, I ate more in order to try to build muscle. I stayed around 12% body fat but am 200 lbs again. Now i am doing P90X2. I haven't notice weight gain (still playing around with the calories but just settled on 2700 last week) but what I have noticed is more definition and i went down a notch in my belt.

What I am getting at, you need food to fuel your body. Your metabolic rate is probably around 1400 - 1500. And in order to maintain lean body mass (LBM) you want to restrict your calories by 20%. With that said below is your math. Based on Katch McArdle, with exercise, you are moderately active and I am looking to find your Total daily energy expended (TDEE) which is the amount of calories you would burn throughout the day including daily actives (walking, bathroom, etc...), exercise and your metabolic rate. From there we can create a deficit to have weight loss and more importantly, fat loss.

TDEE = 1450 * 1.55 = 2247
    Deficit = 2247 * .8 = 1798.

This means, you should be eating 1800 (level 1) calories each day even on days you don't exercise. This will allow your body to refeed and achieve maximum results. Do me a favor though, use the BMR tool up top to figure out your estimated BMR

Lemon
  • Creiche
    Options

What I am getting at, you need food to fuel your body. Your metabolic rate is probably around 1400 - 1500. And in order to maintain lean body mass (LBM) you want to restrict your calories by 20%. With that said below is your math. Based on Katch McArdle, with exercise, you are moderately active and I am looking to find your Total daily energy expended (TDEE) which is the amount of calories you would burn throughout the day including daily actives (walking, bathroom, etc...), exercise and your metabolic rate. From there we can create a deficit to have weight loss and more importantly, fat loss.

This means, you should be eating 1800 (level 1) calories each day even on days you don't exercise. This will allow your body to refeed and achieve maximum results. Do me a favor though, use the BMR tool up top to figure out your estimated BMR

Lemon

Thanks so much for all of the info! Using the MFP tool, my estimated BMR is 1278. If I merely replace the 1450 in your equation above (which may not be the right replacement...correct me if necessary), my TDEE would be 1981 and with a restriction of 20% I'd be at almost 1600...which is a bit more than I typically eat. I think I also need to focus on eating enough before and after my workout which I now do at lunch so I don't run out of energy halfway through.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Lemon

Thanks so much for all of the info! Using the MFP tool, my estimated BMR is 1278. If I merely replace the 1450 in your equation above (which may not be the right replacement...correct me if necessary), my TDEE would be 1981 and with a restriction of 20% I'd be at almost 1600...which is a bit more than I typically eat. I think I also need to focus on eating enough before and after my workout which I now do at lunch so I don't run out of energy halfway through.

One last thing. My equation doesn't take into affect if you are active throughout the day (stay at home mothers, or parents running around with kids) and if you want to focus on building muscle and cutting fat, the additional 200 calories an be beneficial.