Tips?

Options
I looked into this about a year ago and tried to incorporate more naturally fermented foods into my diet. I found the options limited. Basically I could get a few items from one of those whole earth type stores and that's about it.

I did a little digging into the home fermented aqpproach, but it looks really messy.

I'm not really lazy or cheap. I would welcome any tips, though, on how to more easily integrate naturally fermented foods into my diet.

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Well, I am just getting into it so we can learn from each other..................

I am getting ready to brew Kombucha again and I want to make sauerkraut.

If you don't want to make Kimchi or Sauerkraut, then buy those that are in glass jars or see through bags in the refrigerated section of the grocery market.

I used to make Kombucha, which isn't messy or anything. Just makes your kitchen look like a science experiment, LOL.....
  • UntinyDancer
    Options
    Wow! Hadn't heard of Kombucha. Just googled it though. Do you have a recipe you could share?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Wow! Hadn't heard of Kombucha. Just googled it though. Do you have a recipe you could share?

Well, I got a starter culture and starter tea from Ebay and I only have a quart jar to start so this is what I did.
    This is the basic recipe I used............

http://www.healthy-eating-politics.com/kombucha.html
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I would love have some tips on kraut. my first batch was TOO salty and I was afraid to leave it sitting for more than 3 days because of the mold factor..it freaked me out lol . I am fairly new to fermenting food other than kombucha that we have been doing for a while and I know how to do pickles.
    Also thoughts on fermented ketchup? how does it taste ,is it similar to store bought in flavor? do you use fish sauce?