What's on the sticks?

Options
vmacjen
vmacjen Posts: 7 Member
Thought I would start a new topic for everyone to share a little about their works in progress....
currently I am working on a diaper cover made in Malabrigo orchid and brilliante for a gift and socks in knitpicks handdyed sock for my FIL. I hate knitting socks for men. They take so loooooong!

Replies

• Purse_lady
    Purse_lady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished a sweater and am now making hats for my daughter and her friends.
  • itreycee
    Options
    .....I have a irregular ribbed scarf going in a groovy rainbow yarn, a fire engine red beanie which will eventually have the initial "G" stitched on it....and a Pixie stocking cap hat....
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Nothing at the moment, but I am waiting on some yarn by Becoming Art and Creatively Dyed for two cowls - one for my friend and one for my mom
  • rjrober
    Options
    Socks. Actually some sock repair for DH. Supposedly I am going to be getting and old sock knitter machine. I will like that. Loads of sock yarn sitting around.

Ruthanne
  • AprilPayne24
    Options
    My FIRST ever project. A blue baby blanket for my 8 month old son. I've got about 20" so far...definitely the largest thing I have ever attempted.
  • stickschik
    Options
    I have 3 projects on the go! I am a gemini and cannot concentrate fully on one project at a time to save my life! I have 3 kids and I have 2 sweaters and a blanket on the go! a burgandy sweater for my youngest, a purple blanket for my daughter and a yellow and white sweater for my daughter! they are in varying stages of doneness ad hope to be done all in the next month and then startt on 2 more blankets, and 2 more sweaters! I know kind of ambitious but it is going to get done this year! <3 working with yearn and stitching!
    :happy:
  • vegasaims
    Options
    I'm working on an afghan for myself. I am in the process of buying a house and I want a big comfortable homemade afghan.:smile:

I am also getting started on some projects for a craft fair or two. I am working on coffee cup sleeves and scarves. I found a few other patterns I am interested in trying out. I am hoping to get a lot done this summer when I am off. (I am a teacher)
  • leftycrafter
    leftycrafter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a dishcloth, pray shawl, socks, log cabin blanket and scarf on my needles.

I have 3 prayer shawls on my hooks too.

I love having multiple projects going so I don't get bored. And yes I do complete projects just not at the rate that single minded crafters do. LOL
  • suezc
    suezc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well works in progress are Cape from the Winter Vogue magazine, dishcloths, Fling scarf, starting a shawl from the newest Vogue Magazine and a summer sweater that I put down and better get the sleeves done because hopefully I will need it soon.
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've just learned the gorgeous skill of ENTRELAC!!! Lol, finally! I've just finished knitting a ginormous berry-stitched striped baby blanket for my little sister's son-to-be and shipped it off to CA to her (I'm in NY)!

As previously stated, just learned Entrelac, and now I'm making... well I don't know what it's going to be yet :D But I'm using my trusty Knit Picks interchangeables and some of their yarn, Wool of the Andes, in Spruce and Black. LOVE LOVE LOVE their yarn!
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm working on an afghan for myself. I am in the process of buying a house and I want a big comfortable homemade afghan.:smile:

I am also getting started on some projects for a craft fair or two. I am working on coffee cup sleeves and scarves. I found a few other patterns I am interested in trying out. I am hoping to get a lot done this summer when I am off. (I am a teacher)

Ooh, I really want to make an afghan, but I shiver at the though of making something larger than a baby blanket. I'm one for instant gratification lol.
  • lauraver
    lauraver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am finishing a Rambling Rows afghan in Crystal Palace Mochi Plus yarn, and knitting socks for my daughter in another yarn from Crystal Palace whose name I can't remember (Sausalito??)
  • vegasaims
    vegasaims Posts: 128
    Options

Ooh, I really want to make an afghan, but I shiver at the though of making something larger than a baby blanket. I'm one for instant gratification lol.

I hear ya. I have been working on this thing since December... And I still have a long whay to go. Also doesn't help that I am making it out of granny sqaures and then attaching them all. It's taking forever, but I cannot wait to see it all together. :smile: Then I will be taking a break from super large projects...