Start here!

Options
xMsAlly
xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
Hey everyone, I just purchased a bunch of new Jillian Michaels videos and I'm feeling motivated. Anyone interested in shredding with Jillian to get ready for summer?

You can do 30-day shred, or any combination of videos you like. Just state your goals and try to check in as often as you can, preferably after every workout. Let's get it!

1) What are your goals for this week?
2) What are your goals for this month?
3) Which video(s) will you be using?
4) How often do you plan to workout?

If no one signs up, I'll just use this thread to post my workouts :smile:

Replies

• lutkica01
    Options
    Love the idea. I started 30 day shred, and am on day 4 today. Feeling so good about it.
    I would like to lose at least 2 inches by the end, but we will see
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    1) What are your goals for this week? To stay under calories every day and drink at least 6 cups of water daily

2) What are your goals for this month? I currently weigh 158 and my goal is to break back into the 140's in March

3) Which video(s) will you be using? I'll be rotating between 30 Day Shred, 6-Week Six Pack and Yoga Meltdown

4) How often do you plan to workout? 5x per week
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    Love the idea. I started 30 day shred, and am on day 4 today. Feeling so good about it.
    I would like to lose at least 2 inches by the end, but we will see

Nice!! Keep us updated on your progress. I've lost an inch off my waist after 15 days of the 30 day shred. 2 inches is definitely do-able for the whole month.
  • Marie92281
    Marie92281 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Marie and I actually am on level 2 day 7 of the 30 day shred i joined the group because as soon as im finished with this I will be starting with ripped in 30.

1. My goal for this week is~ to stay within my calories and drink at least 4 cups of water.. I really dont like water but I will try my best.

2. what are my goals for this month~ to loose the last 3 pounds to reach my goal

3. which video will I be using~ 30 day shred

4. How often will I be working out~ 6 days this week

Thanks for the group! I love posting progress and hearing what others think! Goodluck everyone Jillian is hard core:flowerforyou:
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Raquel. I am 27years old, and have two children ages 5 and 2! It is so funny because I was just about to look for a group like this. I already did the 30DS and lost 7 inches total within those 30 days. Must say its a good workout but now its time to move on. Oh yeah I passed on the 30DS video to my little sister and I may be doing that with her once in a while for support!

My goals for this week are to stay within my calorie allowance, drink at least 8 cups of water and workout every single day for at least 30 minutes!
    My Goals for the month up until the end of February are to reach 140 (I am 0.8lbs away!) For the month of March would be to loose 5 more lbs!
    I am going to be alternating between Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones
    I will be working out 7 days a week!
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello, I joined this group because I am a fan of Jillian Michaels workout DVDs (she's tough, but I need that extra push). It is great to find a group that also feels the same way. I have gotten great results so far, and would love to connect with others to share experiences, feedback and motivational tips.

Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day over the weekend and continue with 30 D shred workouts.

Lose 2 lbs to reach my first mini goal :smile:

I am currently on L3 /D4 of 30 D Shred and will continue with this workout to finish out the month.

After 30 day shred, I am going to start Extreme Shed & Shred for the next six weeks.

I plan on doing the JM workouts at least 5 days a week.
  • Mygypsysoul
    Mygypsysoul Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm Ali!

Stay under my sodium everyday. Get in my eight servings of fruit and veg

To be in the 180s by March. For the past three weeks I've been bouncing around 190-192. It's pissing me off!

30 day shred :)

I'll be shredding everyday and logging some miles. I've doing 1000 miles in 2012 and I've really been slacking off this month!
  • crabby10
    crabby10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of 30 Day Shred last night -- yikes!

My goals for this week are small, because there are only three more days in the week, but I'd like to try 30-Day Shred 2/23, 2/24, 2/25 and 2/26.

Wish me luck -- I hope I don't get too sore.

7009335.png
  • lrpriest
    Options
    HI all,
    I'm Lindsay, i'm just starting out with every thing. Keeping track of my calories and working out. So, i'm a little nervous at to whether i can keep up with the dvd. i did try it a couple of years ago and it kicked my butt. and now, i'm even heavier.

My goals for the week: do my first workout today, Sunday, Tuesday. Drink water instead of pop. And, log in here everyday to track my calories and workouts.

My goals for the month: I would like to lose at least 2 lbs by March 1st. For the month of March I would like to lose 12 lbs.

I will be using 30 Day Shred dvd

Basically, I want to get in the habit of doing the dvd every other day. Plus adding at least 30 min. walks on the off days. I do want to start the couch to 5k app. I heard it was really helpful in losing the fat.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Love 30 DS. On level 3 and should be done first week of March, then Ripped in 30. Anyone doing Ripped in 30 and if so, how do they like it?
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    If anyone here is thinking of starting Ripped in 30 soon, you can join our group of super motivated girls who are just finishing up 30DS on the first!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3233-jillian-micheals-ripped-in-30-starting-march-5th
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Karen

I started Ripped in 30 last Saturday for the second time. This time I am going complete it!

Previously I got to Level 2 of 30 Day Shred and did not complete.

Get in all scheduled workouts, log all my food and drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.

Complete Ripped in 30. Stay focused and stay on track through the weekends.

Ripped in 30

5 days of Ripped in 30 and at least 3 - 5 km runs.
  • sondyscraps
    sondyscraps Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This coming week I should be moving into level 2 of 30DS. I'd like to lose 3 lbs by the end of the week.
    I want to finish the whole 30 days!!! And move into another Jillian Michael's dvd (any suggestions on what next?)
    30 day shred
    6 days a week
  • michellezan
    Options
    I love this group! I've been doing Jillian's workouts for a year now, I'm hooked! My goals:

1) What are your goals for this week? Stay under my calorie limit everyday--stay away from the french fries! (my weakness)
    2) What are your goals for this month? Drop four pounds, feel GREAT
    3) Which video(s) will you be using? 30 day shred, burn fat & boost metabolism, ripped in 30, six week six pack, and no more trouble zones
    4) How often do you plan to workout? 5x per week

I'm glad we can all support each other...good luck everyone!
  • michellezan
    Options
    In reply to sondyscraps:
    Ripped in 30 is another one of her great DVD's. It's similar to 30 day shred, but there's four levels and it's a step up in difficulty. you'll love it!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm on day 27 of the 30 Day Shred, and have just ordered a copy of Ripped in 30 which I'm planning to start next week some time.

1) What are your goals for this week? Finish the 30 Day Shred!!

2) What are your goals for this month? To do Ripped in 30

3) Which video(s) will you be using? The 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30

4) How often do you plan to workout? I have been doing every day (although I have ended up with 3 rest days so I started 30 days ago IYKWIM) but someone said in Ripped in 30 you only do 6 days a week?!? I don't know!!
  • LISH5000
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS on Monday. So happy to find this group, happened to buy the DVD last week.
  • Liseii01
    Liseii01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!

My name is Lise, I'm be starting 30DS on Monday, Looking forward to speaking to you all!!
  • farmerted322
    Options
    Hi I'm Kathy,

I'm on day four of the 30 day shred. The first two days killed my legs but it's getting better. I'm hoping to do five days a week, I need the two days of rest. I'm also doing walking it helps to do something different to break it up.

Kathy
  • brittnee3120
    Options
    1) What are your goals for this week? to finish haha today was my first day and it was a good workout. I am bigger so it was hard for me to do the jumprope and jumping jacks but it will get better I just know it :)

2) What are your goals for this month? I hope that I lose some inches like it says. Im going to stick to it and see what happens. If anything else I hope that I will get more strength.

3) Which video(s) will you be using? I am doing the 30 day shred :)

4) How often do you plan to workout? I plan on doing this dvd every day like it says. I also do zumba for an hour monday through friday.

Any advice you all have for me would be great :)