DR OZ video of the Dukan Diet

Options
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dukan-diet-fad-or-weight-loss-weapon-pt-1

Check this out... All the people I know that said that Dukan is a crazy unhealthy fad diet.. I swear Im emailing them this link... On part 5 of the series one lady said she lost 96 lbs doing low carb, one lady who disagreed with low carb and lost her weight slowly over time, DR Oz's final statement he said that doing it slowly doesnt work for everyone and that its better to lose the weight then to basically keep it on and go slow.. Cuz I guess keeping large amounts of weight on you will do more damage then a diet.... So Dukan is Dr. Oz approved. He said the only way he would modify it is in Consolidation phase keep your celebration meals still slightly healthy have some pizza, not the whole buffet. And in Stabilization, even though you can have what you want, still dont go crazy, eat slightly healthy.

Replies

• elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!!!
  • janebink
    janebink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi notgivingup20

I couldn't open the link you sent but you know what - these people can dismiss the Dukan Diet as not being healthy all they want. All I know is that when I stick to it properly I feel energised and well, the swelling in my fingers which I get from arthritis goes down and the boost that losing weight gives me makes up for any damage that it may or may not be doing to me.
    The thing is that because the weight comes off fairly rapidly it means that we can get back to a more usual diet more quickly too.
    I'm 56 years old and when I was a child whenever anyone wanted to lose weight they cut out bread, cakes, biscuits, potatoes etc - basically went onto low carbs!
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just saw the video. I agree with the first doc-- this is a great structured diet, but will it work in the USA? I live here, but I also lived in Europe for almost 4 years, and it wasn't till I left and then came back to the US, that I realized how impossible it is to get healthy food. It is really expensive to eat healthy-- or rather I should say-- it's really cheap to eat really bad. We are so limited when it comes to healthy options-- we actually have to go out looking for them. European cuisine is simpler- here most of the food is over processed, fried, drenched in sauce, or loaded with chemicals. I find sugar as ingredients in things that aren't even sweet! My biggest concern with the Dukan IN THE USA-- is the "all you can eat" mentality. I'm worried that people will choose the unhealthier cheaper options of the diet-- which will probably lead to really high cholesterol and who knows what else-- they will not get the health benefits from it-- and with the culture being as it--- go back to their old ways leaving the diet unhealthier than when they started. As I've mentioned to you before- I try to eat the healthier options lots of fish and opt to have chicken over beef-- I try only to eat organic dairy-- but I have to say it gets really expensive. I feel like I run out to the grocery store every other week and spend a lot, but for me it's worth it. I'm happy to pay more to eat healthier- that has become normal for me. I don't want to save on food. I think this is and can be a great diet for people who are interested in really taking control of their weight problem- my caveat is just making sure people eat the right food. You saw the food Dr. Oz showed for the last stage-- cookies, burgers, pizza-- I don't think that's what Dukan had in mind, but it might just be what Americans think when you tell them "all you can eat" and "whatever foods you want"---- modify this and I think it would be a 10!
  • jaxson65
    jaxson65 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The videos were interesting and all in all there was only one docter who was against the diet anyway. I agree with them on the last phase that I can't see how that can work as it should be everything in moderation. Common sense should tell you that you shouldn't eat a bag of cookies (although it is always a nice thing to do and I am no saint from doing that one - that and chocolate was my downfall along wih bread and lashings of butter). I have been out for a couple of meals and I feel that I am more controlled when I eat now and have found it very easy to do I can easily pass the bread which I couldn't do before and drink a glass of water quite happily. Hopefully by the time you have lost your weight you probably won't want to go back on some of it anyway. PS: I'm your friend's Capone 1971 sister.
  • janebink
    janebink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've just managed to download and watch the Dr Oz videos - He is great! I wish we had his show or something like it in England!
    I agreed with virtually all that was said and I whole heatedly agree with Dr Oz that it is just as if not more dangerous to our long term health to be obese than it is to deny ourselves certain nutrients for a limited period.
    As any of you fellow Dukaners who are friends of mine and see my food diary will know I stry from the plan quite a lot. However I still consider myself to be on the Dukan Diet because I know that I can go back to the attack phase and kick start my weight loss again. Basically I feel that I now have the tools I need to be able to control my weight!
    I wish I'd found the Dukan Diet 20 years ago. I was a big fan of the Adkins diet but that one did make me feel ill and gave me really bad headaches so I found it impossible to stick to.
    The Dukan Diet is helping me to be in charge of my eating and I definitely make better choices even though I sometimes (often) stray off the wagon.
    :flowerforyou: